Wide eyed & bushy tailed
    EXP: 59,008, Level: 10
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 5,992
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,992
    GP

Name
    Remedy Blue

Seph employed a simple tactic to move through the halls of the church; move with purpose. He moved quickly, confidently and without glancing around. It was a gamble, but one that he made easily. Ana struggled to follow his lead. They would walk, then duck into a room and work out where to go from there.

“This is taking too long!” Ana paced backwards and forwards in the small storage room.

Seph lent against an empty crate and played with his goatee. They didn’t have long before someone would discover that Ana was gone and the church was a twisting tunnel of corridors and rooms. Whatever place this was before these lunatics found it, it certainly wasn’t here to do good. thought Seph.

“AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!” shouted Ana.

“SHUT UP!” snapped Seph, “We are trying not to get caught, not alert every moron with a red cloak where we are!”

Ana fell silent but continued to pace backwards and forwards. Seph stood up to approach her but she held a hand out for him to stay away. He complied, even with a rising sense of unease lifting through his stomach. Under his cloak he could feel Bonbon twist into a tight circle in his jacket pocket. She obviously didn’t like what was happening either.

“We need to keep going. Our best chance is still to find Talen before they realise you’ve escaped,” said Seph.

Ana muttered something under her breath that Seph could only take as a begrudging agreement. They slipped back into the hallway and started walking. The stone walls were nondescript, and while Seph continued walking with confidence, Ana started to slow down.

“Fuck!” snapped Ana, “We’ll never escape!”

Seph twisted around, his eyes burning with frustration at her word.

“You there!” came a shout from a red cloak looking out from one of the rooms coming off the corridor.

Seph took a breath and prepared to respond with the nonchalance that would see them through.

“Shit they’ve found us!” shouted Ana.

“Oi! Stop right there!”
    “Sound an Alert!”
    “Get them!”

Seph grabbed Ana’s arm and yanked her through a nearby doorway and slammed the door behind her. Ana looked around the room with wild eyes, searching for another way out that didn’t exist. Seph swore and spat as he pulled a chest of draws in front of the door. The door started banging immediately as half a dozen Red Cloaks tried to shove their way through.

“We’re trapped you yak-face!” shouted Ana as her pacing grew more and more frantic.

“You!” Seph bit down on the words that were about to come out of his mouth, “You don’t get to talk!”

The room offered little in the way of help. It was small and dusty, originally an office for a church official it was now just a dumping ground for useless junk. A few chairs, some old plates and a lot of paper. Each thing more useless than the last.

“Hold my jacket,” stated Seph as he slid off his red cloak and pulled his jacket off.

“What?!”

“And my shirt.”

Seph threw both items of clothing at Ana and faced the door.

“Why the hell are undressing?!” screeched Ana as the door started to splinter under the repeated poundings of the Red Cloaks.

“Because I don’t want to rip them, they cost me too much,” replied Seph as if it was the most normal thing ever.

The tanned rogue lifted his arms up towards the door. They started to swell pulse and grow in size and his tanned skin grew darker and leathery. His limbs were nearly unrecognisable from what they had been moments before. On his body they seemed even more out of place, too large and muscular for his frame by far. The red cloaks finally smashed through the door and pulled the remaining shattered wood out. The first lept over the draws and into the room brandishing a knife. Seph stepped forwards and parried the blade against the rock hard skin on his left arm and followed through with a right hook to the Red Cloak’s temple. The man’s face broke against the fist, a sickening crack and squelch as bone gave way and the red cloak fell to the ground.

Seph pressed his advantage as another cloak entered the room. He didn’t allow them to mob him, taking each one as they entered. This time the man was unarmed, and his punch struck Seph’s bicep. The bones in the man’s hand most likely broke with the force. Again Seph didn’t pause, twisting his body to bring his elbow into the man’s face. The next Seph caught his arm as he entered, dragging him over the draws and delivering a silencing blow from above.

“Get back up!” shouted one of the remaining red cloaks and the three of them ran off down the hall shouting.

“Let's go!” shouted Seph as he vaulted the draws and Ana followed clutching his cloths.
    Last edited by Hysteria; 03-25-17 at 11:17 PM.

Wide eyed & bushy tailed
    GP

Name
    Remedy Blue

Seph brought his hand down on the neck of a red cloak and followed up with two quick jabs to the face. The man collapsed and the two behind him ran off. Seph continued forwards with Ana trailing behind him.

“Where are we going!?” shouted Ana.

Seph stopped and lifted a hand up to the stone wall. It was a fairly weak ability, but he could feel the flow of stone and earth. The seemingly random walking had been mapping out the building and the whole time there was only one room that Seph was unable to find a way in. He did however know behind which wall it was.

“Right here!” he shouted.

Above Seph trails of dirt and dust coalesced into five fist-shaped chunks. Two of the fists shot forwards and smashed through the stone wall and revealed the room within. Steph jumped through and Ana followed.

“Well, this is a surprise.”

The drow Aisgust was leaning against a large oak desk with the golden sword resting next to him. Three tattooed goblins were flanking him. One was Slaag, the goblin Seph had knocked out and tied up.

“Well, hello again…” mumbled Seph at Slaag.

“Who are you?” asked Aisgust.

“Me? Oh, I’m no one. Ju-”

“GIVE BACK TALEN!” shouted Ana, “GIVE HIM BACK NOW!”

Aisgust shifted uneasily and the goblins’ hands disappeared into their cloaks. The drow lifted a hand to halt them. He reached into his pocket and fished out a large gem.

“Stranger, join us in capturing her and you will be rewarded,” said Aisgust, his eyes flicking to the floating earthen fists above Seph.

“Keep that enchanted gem away from me,” spat Seph, “Ana, I need to you unleash the beast.”

“What?” Ana responded with a confused inflection.

“You know, break some heads. Get serious.”

“I can’t fight!”

Seph glanced at her and sneered. His patience had disappeared and standing in front of the three shady looking goblins and the drow had been the breaking point.

“Prokksec!” shouted Aisgust.

The drow dragged the sword off the table and darted forwards. The goblins hissed through sharp teeth and darted outwards. A cold pit of fear had settled in Seph’s chest. He regretted following Ana and Talen, he regretted agreeing to find Talen and he regretted not leaving Ana when she broke their cover. He could do nothing but push the fear down and act.
    Last edited by Hysteria; 03-25-17 at 11:21 PM.

Wide eyed & bushy tailed
    GP

Name
    Remedy Blue

Seph thrust his hands forward and the earthen fists shot towards the goblins. Instantly Seph followed after them. The first earthen first smashed into the ground underneath one of the goblins. The green skin jumped over the impact. The first exploded, catching the goblin mid-flight and sending him into the air. Seph came from underneath, thrusting the point of his hardened hands into the goblin’s exposed sides. With a sickening squelch and a scream from the goblin, Seph pulled his green blood soaked hand from the green skin. The other two earthen fists smashed into the ground in front of the Drow and one of the other goblins. They dodged the attack and responding blast, moving forwards. Seph raised his arms to defend himself from their attacks, but none came. The goblin struck by Seph hit the ground while the others moved passed Seph to engage Ana.

“GIVE ME TALEN!” Ana roared.

She threw the clothes she had been holding to the ground and walked forwards. A flash of steel from the two goblins and a dozen knives were loosened from their clawed hands and into Ana. She screamed as the blades pierced the red cloak and embedded themselves into her flesh. Seph moved as quickly as he could towards Aisgust and was just able to dive into him before he brought the sword to strike Ana. The drow and rogue tumbled across the floor and the golden sword skidded to the wall. The goblins continued their attack on Ana and unleashed more daggers. Ana’s only response to was lift her arms, the blades finding purchase in her forearms and stomach.

“RUN!” shouted Seph as he struggled to hold Aisgust in place. There was no way he’d be able to stop the goblins before they killed her.

“We must restrain her!” shouted Aisgust.

Seph brought a fist around to silence the drow, but the dark elf slipped an arm up and caught it. Seph struggled to hold him down and land a blow; the drow was just too fast and flexible.

“AAAAAahhhhhh!” screamed Ana as the goblins closed in.

Seph looked up towards her and Aisgust struck. He drew a hidden blade and slashed across Seph’s chest and used the moment Seph reeled back to slam a foot into his chest. Aisgust scurried across the floor towards Ana. Seph could only watch as the Drow plunged the dagger into the woman’s stomach.
    Last edited by Hysteria; 03-25-17 at 11:25 PM.

Wide eyed & bushy tailed
    GP

Name
    Remedy Blue

Seph pushed himself to his feet as he watched Ana sink to the ground. The two remaining goblins and the drow stood over her as she sunk into oblivion. Seph had failed to keep her safe, let alone help her find the golden sword in which Talen was imprisoned. The rogue glanced to the side, the golden blade lay on the floor near him. While the three attackers were focused on Ana he had time to grab it. The moment he picked up the blade he felt a wave of energy strike him.

Do not move. came a voice from somewhere in Seph’s mind.

The rogue stopped, not because he wished to follow the order of the voice, but because he was caught off guard by the sudden psychic invasion.

“Ahh… ha… haaa…. Ha.” came a throaty female voice.

Ana pushed herself up into a standing position. She was soaked with blood, the bright red of the recent injuries and the dark crusted brown of the earlier head wound. Her body seemed light, pushed up by some outside force. The goblins and drow backed away from her in case she lunged at them suddenly. It didn’t help. Ana was suddenly standing behind one of the goblins. The green skin hissed as it turned to strike her. The small creature’s body pivoted as the top half of the goblin slid off the bottom half. Ana lifted an arm covered in green blood and stared at it.

“Luck!” shouted Slaag; now the last goblin.

The creature turned and ran. He managed to get a few feet before Ana’s hand gripped his head. The goblin slashed at her arm, cutting deeply into her flesh. She didn’t react, instead her grip tightened around his scalp. The goblins screamed and his eyes bulged. Seph would never forget the sound of cracking bone as Slaag’s head collapsed under Ana’s crushing grip.

Aisgust moved away from Ana and towards Seph slowly. His voice was low and forcibly calm.

“We need to attack her together,” he said.

“Do we?” asked Seph, “It looks like my team is winning.”

She is not on your ‘team’. When she strikes down the drow you must strike her.

Seph grimaced as the voice sounded in his head. He didn’t trust what he assumed was the magic in the sword. But he also didn’t have much of a choice. Aisgust pulled a second dagger from his cloak. Ana’s eyes lifted from the crushed remains of Slaag to the drow.

“Aaaahhh!” shouted Aisgust as he roared through the fear and charged. His shout didn’t last long as Ana drove her hand through his chest.

Seph charged forwards and brought the blade down on Ana.
    Last edited by Hysteria; 03-25-17 at 11:29 PM.

Wide eyed & bushy tailed
    GP

Name
    Remedy Blue

Ana’s head flopped to the side as she met Seph’s eyes. The golden sword had sliced through her arm impaling Aisgust and partially into her chest. The Drow fell to the floor and the pale woman lifted her remaining claw like hand towards Seph.

“No…. no,” she muttered, clawing at the sword blade embedded in her chest, “NO!”

Ana twisted towards Seph and he responded by letting go of the sword and stumbling backwards. He quickly summoned more earthen fists, and raised his hardened arms. The rogue was visibly shaking as he tried to figure out what to do. Bonbon, stay hidden Seph thought to himself. The squirrel was inside the pile of clothes Ana has discarded. Seph prayed that Ana had forgotten about her.

Ana walked towards Seph. Her movements were jerky and sudden, her feet dragging across the ground.

“Easy…. Easy now Ana,” stammered Seph, “I’m sure I can heal you up.”

Ana unnaturally twisted her head around to look at Seph. Her body moved in short, sharp movements, her eyes wide with rage and fear. Suddenly she stopped moving. Seph was not a master mage by any account, but he could feel the magic oozing from her. She shouldn’t have been alive with her wounds, let alone able to move. She was driven by a dark, sickening magic.

The blade embedded in Ana’s chest started to glow. A ghostly visage slipped out from the sword between Ana and Seph. The white, mist-like form of Talen looked towards Ana.

“TALEN!” Ana started to weep at the sight of her lost master.

“I’m sorry I failed you Ana,” said Talen, “I’m sorry I couldn’t free you with my own hand.”

“Talen? Talen?”

“You need to die Ana, you need to stop being. That is the only way I can stop your suffering,” Talen paused, his small face twisting into something akin to sadness, “I came here to find something to destroy you.”

Ana’s face darkened, a smile stretched across her face and her words were suddenly calm.

“I was only what you wanted me to be, you wanted the dark mother, someone to rule you. Someone to give your pitiful life direction and purpose. Give yourself to me! Give in to the brood mother!”

The ghostly visage of Talen looked away from Ana. Shame touched his face, twisting his eyes to the ground, unable to look at the form he has played a part in creating.

“You’re not N’Jal!” shouted Talen with sudden iron barbs in his words, “You’re a mirror of me, nothing less and certainly nothing more. Any delusions of grandeur, of god-like power is a reflection of my own failures. I never wanted you, I never wanted this.

“I ADORED YOU!” shouted Ana, her remaining hand gripping her head while blood continued to ooze from her other severed limb.

“You hated me. You hated what you saw when you looked at me.”

“I LOVED YOU!”

“You can’t love. That wound in your heart only bleeds…. and I am sorry.”

“YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH”
    Last edited by Hysteria; 03-25-17 at 11:39 PM.

Wide eyed & bushy tailed
    GP

Name
    Remedy Blue

Talen turned to face Seph, a dark look of concern towards the tanned rogue. His words came out softly, a far cry from the booming tones that Seph expected. He could scarcely hold onto the image that Ana had painted as the words fell like an avalanche around him. Though Talen’s tone was light, the reality of his words were not.

“I am sorry that this demon has been bound to you stranger, I have failed to undo my last sin,” said Talen, “I’ll entrust my will to yours.”

The rogue wanted to run, he didn’t want to face the strange creature that was Ana. He had seen her nearly crush the neck of the blonde man back in the tavern, he had seen the strange power she had over Talen and the way she abused the small dark haired child. She was insane, her words didn’t match her actions and the power that flowed out of her was as rotten as her deeds.

Suddenly the golden sword was in Seph’s hands and blood spurted out of the empty wound in her chest. Ana appeared in front of Seph. The rouge lifted the sword, but Ana’s hand was too quick. Her palm smashed into Seph’s chest throwing him backwards and skidding across the ground. Seph’s body ached, he groaned as he turned over and pushed himself back into a standing position. He released the earthen fists at Ana as he tried to prepare himself. They exploded around her, pushing her from side to side and shattering the ground.

“Fuck! Fuck!” roared Seph, lifting the sword towards Ana, “STAY AWAY!”

Ana darted forwards, and darkness burst from the swords blade.

“Aaaahhhh!” screeched Ana as dozens of tiny black blades twisted through the air around her. The darkness that had come forth from the golden sword echoed Talen’s shadow magic. Black petals, each a tiny blade of darkness rippled through the air in a wall. Ana swatted them away, pushing herself backwards and out of the dark impasse.

“I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you!” she screamed as lines of blood dripped down her arm, chest and face. The woman seemed more blood than person now. The pain must have been unbearable, but as more red liquid spread across the ground she seemed unaffected.

“I’ll rip your heart out! I’ll suck your eyeballs out of your head! You will die! YOU WILL DIE!”

Seph couldn’t think. The whirring wall of dark blades offered temporary safety, but nothing more. He needed time, he needed space to think, he had neither. All he could do was lift the sword and wait. The petals were starting to fall to the floor and fade away. He needed to be faster, faster than he had ever been before. The petals fell… Ana charged… and Seph dashed forwards.
    Last edited by Hysteria; 03-25-17 at 11:44 PM.

Wide eyed & bushy tailed
    GP

Name
    Remedy Blue

Seph opened his eyes. There was flickering candle light dancing across the roof but he could not turn to look at its source. Seph tried to speak, but nothing came.

“So you’re awake.”

Talen moved into Seph’s line of sight. His small pale features seemed less dark than they had before. He looked more like a child, tired, but happy.

“Do you remember what happened?” asked Talen.

Seph’s memory flashed back to the fight. Ana charged forwards. Her body twisted with unholy power, her limbs bending and twisting with her speed. Power flowed through the sword as Seph answered her charge with his own. His body faded, engulfed by shadows as the sword sliced in an arch in front of him. Both bodies met as flesh struck metal. Ana’s screams were silenced as the sword sliced through her. Her strikes found home as well, twisted fingers gouging through the flesh on Seph’s chest ripping a rib clean off his body. His beating heart was revealed, his lung nearly torn completely out of his chest.

The pair of bodies fell together in a heap. Ana struggled against the approach of death, trying to claw her torso back to her severed legs. She died, scratching at the stones with her face twisted in a snarl. Seph coughed and splattered up blood as he tried to reach into his pocket. His bloody hands slipped across his pants, he couldn’t reach it.

Another hand pressed against his, guiding it to his pocket and the piece of candy within. A shallow glow emitted from his hand and his body started to patch itself together. Seph couldn’t maintain consciousness anymore, there was only darkness.

“A-a… hmmm,” Seph managed.

“I thought you were a goner for sure,” said Talen through a smile, his blue eyes flashing with the mischievous grin, “Lucky you had that candy.”

“H-h? W-wh-?” asked Seph.

“You’re in Radasanth. With Ana’s death the magic stopping me was gone... I was able to bring you here,” Talen paused and looked away, “It has been so long since I’ve been free of her. My darkness corrupted her, as it did so many others… Kyla… Sei… Jensen… they are all gone. Shadows drifting through the night. I don’t belong here anymore.”

Seph didn’t know what to say, he didn’t want to be rude to the child that saved him, but this sort of talk wasn’t his thing. He decided silence was his best course, even if he had wanted to say something his body would struggle to comply.

“I won’t be seeing you again, at least not in the near future. The magic that has bound me to the sword is strong. It will not let me leave. Perhaps that is how it should be. The last Ixian Knight, bound to a tool of war. Art imitated life huh? Someone said that once…. I forget who.”

Talen shot Seph one more smile as he started to fade. Seph thought he saw a tear in the child’s eye. Then he was gone.

“You’re awake!”

Seph tried to move again, but found himself still unable to.

“Don’t move love, you’re all tied up nice and tight. You took one hell of a beating, that’s for sure!” the female voice said.

“C-can-dy” stammered Seph.

“Candy?!” the nurse was shocked, “You’ll be eating nothing but greens until you’re healed. It wouldn’t be owing to that nice son of yours to not get you home in tip top shape, and candy would do you no good.”

Seph grunted in protest but the nurse patted him on the head and walked away. Under the sheets he felt a small form travel along his side and poke out of the sheet. Bonbon climbed up to his head and snuggled into the space between his shoulder and neck. Seph managed to glance down at her, resting next to the bed was the gold sword.
    Last edited by Hysteria; 03-25-17 at 11:50 PM.

Wide eyed & bushy tailed
    GP

Name
    Remedy Blue

Out of Character:
    I'd like to request the following:

Golden Sword
    A double edged sword the size of a falcon made of adamantine with an enchantment to return to the owner at the start of each post if it's more than one metre away.

EDIT2:
    Some money will be coming into my account shortly!
    Last edited by Hysteria; 03-30-17 at 02:37 AM.

EXP: 128,600, Level: 15
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 6,400
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,400
    GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    More pepper than salt.
    Eye Color
    Grey or Blue
    Build
    6'1, 185 lbs
    Job
    Defiler.

View Profile
    Workshop Submitted!

Hysteria receives 3744 EXP, and the Golden Sword! As the Golden Sword cost is 2025 Gold, and he would have earned 225 Gold for this thread, the net results are:

3540 EXP
    (1800) Gold
    Golden Sword

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    All rewards added!

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12