Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile

The Outlaw Torn II: Shinsou Vaan Osiris vs John Cromwell

Out of Character:
    John,

Since the inoculation of this world, only authoritative reality exists. Regardless, every being in this world lives misrecognizing only convenient “facts” as truth. This is because they have no other way to live. However, for the powerless who make up the majority of this world, the inconvenient “facts” they affirm through themselves are entirely the truth.

What is the truth for men like us?

The truth for us is strength; on that I'm sure we agree. Yet, we find ourselves divided by both its application and indeed its very definition. I thank you though, John, from the bottom of my heart. During our first meeting, you made me feel the weight of your version of strength and I confess I doubted myself for the first time in many years. That may seem odd, given the restorative properties of the Citadel, but consider this; for the first time I met someone who could stand as my equal. Fear is necessary for evolution, my friend; The fear that one could be destroyed at any moment.

I don't admire you. Admiration, after all, is the emotion furthest from understanding. But you have earned my respect, and out of a need to understand you further I would call you once more to the Citadel. Knowing what we know now, we may just find some answers about what 'strength' really is.

~Shinsou Vaan Osiris~

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Fists of Fury
    EXP: 29,216, Level: 7
    Level completed: 28%, EXP required for next level: 5,784
    Level completed: 28%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,784
    GP

Name
    (Sir) John Albert Cromwell
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Sandy blonde, falls around his shoulders barely
    Eye Color
    blue
    Build
    7'8", 593lbs
    Job
    Armored brute, mercenary, blacksmith

View Profile
    "What's that?"

Jamie walked around behind the chair John was seated at, wrapped her arms around his neck, and rested her chin on his head. She smiled a little as his short hair tickled her chin and neck.

John smudged the letter from the Telgradian slightly with soot from his hands as he raised it up so Jamie could read it. He sighed, looking around his sparsely-furnished farmhouse-turned-forge. The half-giant leaned his head back, rubbing Jamie's chin until her lips met his in an inverted kiss. He closed his eyes, letting his thoughts about the letter settle a bit. Jamie pulled back, setting the letter down and splaying her hands over his broad shoulders.

"He wants another bout in the citadel. I barely remember some of those words, who does he think he sent that letter to?" A moment of silence followed. "I should probably do it, I need the practice."

He sighed. Shinsou also had ideas about strength that were dangerous if left unchecked. The revolutionary idealist in the wizard could easily succumb to arrogance, and prove himself no different than what he overthrew. Jamie's gentle touch tickled his neck, and dragged him from the pensive thought.

"I'll grab a pen and paper, then we can get to business," she said, breath tickling his ear as her hand drifted under his shirt.

Yes. Business.

Osiris,

Friend, you value strength over its application. Would you be stronger than the tyrant? Would you topple the despot? Then first you must prove yourself a better man than he. If your strength is for the people, then good, but if ambition drives your hunger for strength, if dominance be your goal and not service, then hear me now. You may dethrone your tyrant and usurp his rule, but beware the tyrant within you, lest you become the despot you despise. For when you become him, good men will use their strength to oppose you.

And I will be among them.

I answer your challenge, Telgradian, bring your best magic.

Cromwell
    Last edited by redford; 06-10-17 at 07:44 PM.
    'nature denied me claws and fangs, so I tore the earth apart, forging them of iron and crafting them of steel'

Althanas' Fitiest Fiter (2015-2016)

got an ingot of titanium
    http://www.althanas.com/world/showth...osed-to-Logan)