Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    The next morning had been an exercise in restraint. Erikson had wanted Red's head for burning Taka, who pointed out the woman had suffered enough. Eventually the man had finished giving his “I told you so” speeches and the castle died down. The storm abated and nature seemed eager to reclaim it's former ground.

Taka looked upon the previous night before he shook his head gently. Of course Red had not understood the night entirely, thinking something as casual as touch could incite the Oni, but he wasn't about to correct her. Taka was uncomfortable with touch and if she created an excuse not to touch him, he would gladly accept it. She at least understood the struggle better, and in doing so had learned more about herself.

To say he felt tension from the previous night was an understatement.

Pushing the passions down he sighed as his men prepared to go. The armory would remain untouched. The Gemini blade along with Sei Orlouge’s other weapons protected for another few months. No sign of the other generals not the least of which was disconcerting, but Taka knew he had been devoted to the Knights because of his own relationship with them.

Everyone gathered in the courtyard before Taka called out, “Red, we're beginning to go. I am afraid my hospitality has run out. Take care of yourself!”

He waited to see if she was ready to leave herself, or if she would do the wise thing and stay to rest up and heal. The Dark Blade held up a carefully bandaged arm to look into the dark entryways of the castle.

Red emerged shortly after, looking disheveled. Her hair was unbrushed and it was clear she hadn’t slept too well. Her appearance caused a stir in his men, none too happy with how she had spent most the night in his room. “You wanted me gone as you left, right?” She asked with a yawn, approaching him and standing closer to him than what was probably deemed acceptable by his men.

“I think an exception can be made. You learned your lesson about roaming the castle,” Taka replied pointedly, almost asking a rhetorical question.

“Tch.” She shot him a disheartened glare. “Oh bite me.” She muttered. “I never went back on my word, and I won’t do it now.” She huffed as she crossed her arms over her chest indignantly.

“If that is your wish, grab anything now, we're leaving. We are heading out by Jadet this time,” He explained.

“Why are you telling me where you’re going?” She paused as she glanced at his men. “I don’t think people appreciate the sentiment.”

“My choice,” Taka replied reaching for his mask and beginning to put it on, “In case you had enough of me to last you a few lifetimes.”

Red grabbed his mask out of his hand, “That’s yet to be determined, Taka.” She reached out and pushed his hair back, gently adjusting the mask onto his face. As she stepped away she still gripped a tendril of his hair, rubbing it between thumb and forefinger. “I suppose I’d better choose when that time is then, huh?” She asked as she let it go, allowing it to fall back into place.

Taka remained silent before he nodded. He looked back at his men and held up a hand, seeing Erikson had already begun to bring his crossbow to bear. He pulled his knife and carefully cut a few strands of his hair before he pressed them into her palm. “Incase you think about forgetting me.”

Red gave Taka a confused look, still she wrapped it carefully around a few fingers creating a neat ball. “I have unfinished business with that Oni, I’m not done with him, nor he with me. I doubt I’d be forgetting you anytime soon.” Red smirked, “Especially after Master hears how I let you go, but that’s his problem, not mine.”

“Goodbye Red, don't get yourself killed.”

“Start by telling your men to stand down.” Red quipped as she turned to leave. “Until next time, Taka.”
    How something is said, is just as important as what is said. -Anonymous

EXP: 38,655, Level: 8
    Level completed: 41%, EXP required for next level: 5,345
    Level completed: 41%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,345
    GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Emerald, yellow ring around iris
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    Amari sighed as she headed away from the group, she was supposed to go to Jadet herself, but knowing him and his men would be there, that was a deterrent. She’d have to branch off and return at a later date. She could still hear the mutterings of his men, none of them approved of her. She couldn’t blame them, she did warn Taka. She didn’t do people, and they most certainly didn’t do her. “Assholes.” She muttered as she kicked a stone. “I kept my damn word, I didn’t hurt any of them, I didn’t unlock any doors, what the hell is their problem?”

As she walked she pulled out the strands of hair the ronin had cut and given to her, using her ability she singed and burnt the ends together before she plaited them. The length was just enough to fit over her wrist. Amari slipped it on and glanced at the new makeshift jewellery. “Wonder if it’s some strange custom of his?” She mused.

Amari lowered her hand, she had a lot to think about. If Taka were alone she would have probably followed him to Jadet. Within him was a being who knew all about her race and it was agonising walking away from that knowledge. Amari needed to see the Oni again, but she found herself contemplating the effect it’d have on the Ronin. Amari shouldn’t care what happened to the white haired man, even so, she found herself somewhat concerned for his wellbeing.

“Fuckin’ emotions…” She mumbled, “choices...no such thing. It’s all just cause and effect.”

Amari continued down the path, just as tired as she was the day before, repeating the words in her head like a broken mantra.

Just cause and effect… right?

It was probably the first time she had ever questioned her Masters ruling and words.

That was a dangerous thing.

EXP: 128,600, Level: 15
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 6,400
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,400
    GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    More pepper than salt.
    Eye Color
    Grey or Blue
    Build
    6'1, 185 lbs
    Job
    Defiler.

View Profile
    (No Judgement)

Tainted Bushido Receives 710 EXP AND 70 Gold!
    Mari receives 710 EXP and 77 Gold!

(Mari has 10% gold bonus)
    Last edited by Storm Veritas; 03-24-17 at 07:53 AM.

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    All rewards added!

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12