Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Emerald, yellow ring around iris
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    They had parted ways, and now that they were away from Taka, Noel was returning to his usual calm self. The two sat in an inn, separate from the one the Ixian Knights took respite in. They were warming themselves by a fire on the lower floor in a quaint, uninteresting common room. Amari was running her hands along the surface of the wooden bound book. A book she had supposedly written so many years ago. “Do you think this contains the answers I’m looking for?” Amari asked Noel, as she rose her eyes to meet his.

Noel shrugged, “If it doesn’t, the only other option we have is is going straight to the source and finding another Ar’Tuel.” Noel smirked and added, “Or we could pull that demon out of your ‘friend’ he seemed to have the answers you wanted.” Amari shot Noel a glare that made the man shrink back in his chair. “What the hell do you see in the guy? He’s an Ixian Knight, you know Ulroke won’t like that.” Noel huffed, turning his gaze away from her. “Why don’t you two just fuck already so you can end whatever is going on between you.”

If Amari had the energy, she’d have gotten up and slapped Noel across the face for his remark, instead, she tried to focus her attention on the odd scribbles in the book. It was written in an odd, circular language. “He’s abstinate.” Amari said as she turned another page, “Not just from physical actions, but emotional too. Your jealousy is misplaced.” Amari stifled a yawn. Still feeling weak.

“But what about you? What do you feel for him?” Noel asked, his question less pointed than the last.

Amari sighed as she closed the book and held it close to her chest as though it were the most precious thing in the world to her. “Noel..please...I’m tired.”

Noel stood and approached the salmon pink chair she was resting on. He sat on its arm and pushed her hair away from her face. “You’re avoiding the question.” He continued to prod, much to Amari’s distaste. “And what of Ulroke?”

Amari shut her eyes, “I’m trying to figure out a lot of things right now Noel. I feel as though a great weight has been lifted and this fuzzy static has been cleared from my head. It’s like I’m alive again, not just alive but living. I don’t know what I feel for Taka. He’s done a great deal for me and I am indebted to him. As for Master Ulroke, I’ll deal with him when we return to the Sanctum. A ferry leaves tomorrow evening for Corone, we’ll board it and head back then. For now...just let me rest here.”

Noel watched as she slowly drifted off to sleep. He wanted answers, and he was going to get them. He knew Amari would never divulge her personal feelings, even when she wasn’t a blackened monster, she was very closed off. “Rest my Amari, I’ll be back by morning and you won’t know I have even left.”

Noel slid off the chair and out the door, into the night to seek either the ronin, or the witch.

EXP: 24,798, Level: 6
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 2,202
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,202
    GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    “You're an idiot you know that right?” The words held no malice, no haughtiness, merely a declaration of fact as she gripped one of his fingers and with a wrenching twist pulled the bones back into place. Taka grunted in pain as the carefully wrapped the finger around two sticks forcing the digit to remain still before moving on to the next.

“In service of Life, is there such things as stupid acts?” Taka's voice held a note of genuine questioning causing the witch to pause.

“There is when you do not respect your own. Ghyran speaks of preserving life, but also the importance of preserving your own. In service of life, you may need to take a life. If it is in self defense, there is no conflict,” She spoke, not expecting the Ronin's genuine inquiry.

Taka nodded before another grunt, another sickening crunch of bones, and another splint was applied. He closed his eyes as he spoke, “What is she?”

“You care for her? More than my Cousin?” The words held a sense of wonder to the witch. She had seen this man slowly divorce himself from the world to do battle with his inner demons, some literal, more than a few figurative. To see the interest gave her hope the Ronin might be human after all.

“I did not say that,” Taka responded sternly. Aislinn had heard such a tone before, it spoke of ending the conversation. Luckily for her, she was no subordinate to the General.

“You can lie to yourself wave man, but you cannot lie to a Witch,” She chided.

Taka glowered at her, the sort of withering glare that had sent Jaimie Greuge and Pell Duyo running many a time. Luckily for her she was not the two most inept members of the Ixian Knights. She held her gaze before he looked down, “It's complicated.”

Aislinn nodded before she spoke, “I do not honestly know. As I told her, I am merely given the words, not their meaning. She is a child of Ghyran, that is all I know. That is all the wind tells me. Well that and her guard is about to enter thinking himself sneaky. You may wish to act your usual stoic self.”

There was a gentle rap at the door, before Noel announced himself. “I’m coming in.” His eyes narrowed when he saw Taka. Noel outright ignored the man and instead turned to the witch. “I need you to fix her again. Her fingers are black, and she has cracks upon her skin because someone corrupted her.”

“I had heard such things. She chose to attack rather than defend. There was no threat to life. Had she bolstered Taka, rather than assault the Oni she would have been fine in my experience. However, I cannot just ‘fix’ her as you wish. That would require me opening her up to Ghyran, and she already is,” Aislinn replied as she stood, tossing a cloth into the nearby fire. She carefully bit into the base of the glove she was using and pulled it off in a practiced movement and tossed it too in the fire.

Noel grit his teeth. “She risked her life for him, and you insult her? And you!” Noel turned his attention to Taka, “You are an ungrateful monster, you don’t deserve her affections.” The hulking man balled his fists. “I’ve never been so angry, I don’t know what it is about you, Ixian Knight, but I can’t stand the sight of you. I can’t stand the way she utters your name.” Noel seethed in a hate filled tone.

Aislinn arched a brow at the declaration and opened her mouth to fight back when the Ronin spoke, his voice the sound of rumbling thunder, “I have endured your insults long enough, Noel. I endured them when you came into the city, assaulted my charge, then begged me to save Amari from the situation you found her in. I endured them when I tried to have you help carry her back to the city. I endured them when I let the Oni have my body to save her soul by clearing you a path. You stand before me now and call me the monster, yell at me for her choices. I see only one lust driven monster in this room. Think carefully before you open your mouth. I may have lost use of a hand, but I need only one.”

“You’re a twig.” Noel spat. “I’d break you in two. You think what I feel is lust? I’d die for her. I know her better than anyone! I watch her and her quirks, how she surrounds places with salt because she thinks it keeps nightmares away, how she always brushes the left side of her hair before her right. I see her as she fights herself daily, battling unknown emotions…” Noel turned and punched the wall. “I’ve ALWAYS been there for her, but she doesn’t see what I do.” It seemed as though his anger was misdirected, despite Taka’s warning he continued. “You want to fight? FINE!” I’ll beat you, and that Oni so hard you’ll both be sent back to Jinguku, or wherever it is.”

Taka stood and spoke his voice unwavering as Aislinn watched from the sidelines quietly, “So ready are you to fight that you know not what you fight, or for who. You claim to have her best interest in mind, but continue to act upon selfish desires. You want to be her Savior, you want to be the hero coming in with the plan that makes everything right. You think defeating me will make her see what you've done…”

Taka spat on the ground before he reached out and grabbed Rengoku, from its resting place on the nearby table, “This blade represents my soul, nicked, damaged, bent, but unbroken. I have tarnished this blade in service to your charge. I tarnished my soul for her, yet all you see is what you did. Beat me, turn me into a smear across this room. I have no time for a childish man who refuses to see we all made sacrifices for your charge.”

He dropped the blade before he moved up and carefully removed the mask. His face was clear of any signs of the taint, both eyes their normal color, “Go on child, use your axes, cleave me apart. You still won't get what you seek.”

Noel reached behind and grabbed an axe, “thought you’d never ask. Regardless, it’ll make me feel a lot better.” He swung it over his head, without regard for Aislinn, he swung it in a sideward arc toward Taka.

The Ronin acted without warning grabbing the man by his wrist before the sound of metal upon metal could be heard. The splints Aislinn had painstakingly set broke as he wrapped fingers around the knife at the small of his back. With a shove he pushed the axe back and said hurriedly, “Go, I'll remain here but you’re in danger while you're in this room.”

The witch went out of the room in a hurry. Taka pushed back giving them space as he took up a pose, “Now, we can start.”

“Good.” Noel said with a smirk, “Let’s get some answers.” He took a step back and deftly turned the axe in his hand, causing the knife to ping off the handle. “What is it with you and her?” Noel asked, barely giving the ronin time to answer as he swung for another attack.

Gauntlet clad hand slapped the axe aside before he grunted in pain. His good hand drawing his wakizashi before he spoke firmly, “Ask her, we only met twice. Once here and once at Castle Ixia, I cannot have a family, will never know a lover's embrace so long as this Oni resides in me.”

“Heh, she mentioned something like that.” Noel said as he was pushed back from the momentum of his strike. Noel repositioned himself, taking on a defensive stance. “So you can’t kiss her. Can’t hold her. No running your fingers through her hair. Face it, you’re using the Oni as an excuse. How does it feel knowing I can fuck her and you can’t?”

“Is that what this is? A fight between potential mates, this goes beyond childish,” The Ronin hissed before he choked up on the hilt of his blade. “Leave, before you embarrass yourself.” he carefully positioned his wakizashi so the tip was pointed at the ground, before he positioned himself correctly, taking the stance of the unbroken blade.

Noel’s eyes narrowed, whatever the man was feeling, it was no longer about Amari, it was about his own frustrations. “You saw her naked right? When I was trying to revive her, you’re telling me you felt nothing?” Noel hefted the axe backward, “what about when she caught you in her arms? Still nothing? You’re heartless. You deserve that demon within you.” Noel goaded. “At least the beast was an interesting conversationalist, and not some high and mighty stoic fool, but I talk too much.” He wiped his brow. “Let’s finish this.” He stepped forward swinging his axe as though he were about to strike downward, but at the last second he pivoted his foot and twisted his wrist to swing the axe back up again in an attempt to cleave Taka’s torso in half.
    How something is said, is just as important as what is said. -Anonymous

EXP: 38,655, Level: 8
    Level completed: 41%, EXP required for next level: 5,345
    Level completed: 41%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,345
    GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    Amari awoke, and groggily rubbed her eyes. The fireplace was nothing more than burning embers and she was alone. “Noel?” He was nowhere in sight. Amari pushed herself off the chair, noticing her skin. “What in the….” Her skin was luminescent in the dark. “This...is new…” Amari hadn’t seen anything like it before, she had to guess it had something to do with the witch reconnecting her to Ghyran. “I wonder if she is awake at this hour…” Amari murmured. She picked up the book and went to make her way for the exit, pausing at the foot of the stairs that lead to the upper floor; where the guest rooms were. Amari didn’t want to leave Noel without wishing him goodnight, but he had been through a lot, and she didn’t want to wake him. There was an anger burning in the man that she had never seen before. Amari wasn’t sure why, but she knew it was fuelled by Taka. The sooner she got him away from the ronin, the better.

“I’ll be back soon.” She whispered toward the stairs as she made her way past the sleeping bellhop and into the night. Normally, it would have been difficult to see, but Amari’s body acted almost like a beacon, shimmering softly in the night. She could just make out the shapes of the buildings. There weren’t many inns in the small town, and they were all on the one street. It was easy enough to find the one the witch and the rest of the knights were staying in.

Amari pushed open the door to the inn, unlike her own, it was lit up, patrons gathering downstairs in concerned murmurs and hushed whispers.

“What’s going on?” Amari asked one of the patrons, an elderly man. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. “Sounds like a fight, I think its over a lass.”

“At this hour?” Amari mumbled, frustrated at the turn of events. “Isn’t anyone going to stop it?”

“Everyone’s barred from going upstairs, safety issue.” The old man said with a small nod. “Especially for someone like you.”

“Someone like me?” Amari rose her voice, her own anger flaring, but she remembered the words she heard in the strange forest she was taken to, and took a few deep breaths. “I...can handle myself, but thank you for your concern.” She said as she pushed her way through the crowd.

A hand gently rested on her shoulder before a voice said quietly in her ear, “Noel is trying to force Taka into a fight. The Dark Blade is holding back as much as he can, but he will not last much longer before it turns lethal.”

“Wait? Noel?” Amari spun around to see Aislinn, the woman who had aided her before. “Why? What business does Noel have here?” Amari clutched the book tightly. “I thought he was sleeping. Fucking hell…” She glanced toward the stairs. Noel was being a pain in the ass. Amari was desperately trying to sort out her own emotions and thoughts, on top of that she was still recovering from aiding Taka. “Dammit Noel…” Amari turned away from Aislinn and shoved the guard standing on the stairwell to the side, he went to give chase but Aislinn stopped him. Amari made a mental note to thank the lady again as she headed down the hall.

The door was wide open, and the two were in the midst of a fight. “Noel. Taka.” Amari shouted, “What the fuck are you two doing!?”

Taka didn't even look at Amari before he spoke, “Things got heated, he believes I'm trying to steal you from him. I've tried reassuring him that he is in fact a fool and that this accomplishes nothing. I apologize Amari but if he keeps pushing I'll have to kill him, I don't have strength to let this drag on until he stops.”

Noel didn’t look back, he swung again at Taka, not even noticing her.

Steal me? What the fuck Noel Amari stepped into the room, and attempted to quell the situation, again, she tried to use her corrupted tentacles but none came. Amari didn’t realise how reliant she was on the corruption that had eaten away at her. Am I that powerless without it? Amari allowed the book to drop to the floor as she ran and grabbed Noel by his waist. “Stop this! I order you to stop.”

Noel elbowed Amari square in the jaw knocking her back toward the floor. “Stay the hell out of…” He paused, turning to look at her. “Amari?” He grit his teeth and turned back to Taka. “Look what you made me DO!” He threw the axe toward Taka and pulled out a smaller hatchet from his belt. “You’re dead, not even that damn Oni can save you now.”

Taka easily deflected the thrown axe as he watched impassively. This seemed to anger the man further who charged at the Ronin. What happened next was the exact scenario Taka had been waiting for. The man brought the axe downwards in a hewing blow that missed as the Ronin pivoted. With a cry Taka brought the wakizashi down full force just below the head of the axe, splintering the wood and hewing the head clean off. The man rose with the stick in his hand and received an elbow to the gut, before a kick hit the shin of the man bringing him to his knees before the Ronin.

Without so much as a word Taka brought the wakizashi down, bringing it to a halt upon the back of the man’s neck, crimson rubies dripping from his skin, as the Ronin kept the blade where it was, “Stop. Now.”

“I’ll die before I stop!” Noel hissed.

Before either one could kill the other, Amari had leapt over Noel and shifted behind Taka, grabbing him from behind. Taka was the more calm of the two. “Stop. He’s not himself.” Amari implored as she wrapped her arms around the Ronin’s waist. “This isn’t Noel, don’t judge him poorly.”

“Isn’t me?” Noel spat, “Like you ever cared about what I had to say!” His head shot up, eyes bloodshot. “Thanks for the aid, Amari.” He picked up the jagged wooden handle and aimed it directly for Taka’s throat. Amari shifted her arms to block it, the handle splintered as it hit her flesh, wooden shards digging into her arms. Amari grit her teeth and her fingers dug into her palms. The pain was severe, but it wasn’t enough to shift her away from the ronin. This only fuelled the man’s frustrations.

“Why do you protect him!?”

“Noel. Stop.”

Taka tensed under her arms it wasn’t long before the man assaulted again. He brought the stick in to stab Taka, and the Ronin had finally had enough. The wakizashi stabbed into the man, sliding neatly between two ribs and was sliced out, ripping through the man’s lung. He fell to the floor blood dripping from his mouth before Taka spoke, his voice soft, “She wasn’t protecting me...she was trying to save your life.”

In that instant it seemed as everything happened in slow motion. It felt as though Amari could have stopped it with a mere flick of her wrist, or just stepping to the side, but all she could do was watch as Noel fell to the floor in a pile of his own ichor. “Why…” Amari pulled away from Taka, leaving a trail of her blood staining his robes. Amari fell to her knees and with a shaking hand ran it over Noels forehead.

The man was one of the few constants in her life, he was always there for her, always supporting her and always smiling. He always had her best interests at heart. Now he was gone, and it was her fault. Amari should never have brought him with her. Her chest felt heavy, her mind going blank. Something in her snapped.

There was a burst of golden light as all the pent up renewed mana within Amari exploded around her, creating a whirlwind as she desperately tried to heal the dead man. The corruption seethed from her fingertips and began to travel slowly up her arms in fractured bursts as Amari pressed her palms down on Noels chest. Her pupils drowned in the amber luminescent glow of her soul. “Don’t die. Don’t die. Don’t die….” her pleas fell upon deaf ears, even as his physical wounds were repaired, the man was lost.

GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    The wakizashi clattered to the floorboards as he fell to his knees beside her. His eyes looking at the man he had just killed before he closed his eyes and spoke, “Enma-O guide you, may you meet a just reward.”

He remained there silent for a few moments before the sounds of boots clicking over the floorboard could be heard. A staff thudded against the wood as the witch moved to the fallen man’s side and felt for a pulse, any sign of life. She looked upon the two of them before she reached into the man’s pocket, and groaned softly, before throwing what looked like black crystals into the nearby fire.

“My condolences Amari, I thought he got rid of them. Especially after I warned him they were killing you,” The scarlet witch whispered.

It seemed as though Amari hadn’t noticed her entrance, or even her words. The woman, still aglow with a burning energy was gently shaking the dead man. Repeating the two words like a broken mantra in hushed whispers. “Don’t die. Don’t die. Don’t die.” Her hands shook and her magic crackled as it fought the corruption leaking up her arms.

Aislinn looked at the two of them before she reached her only hand out to Amari, gently covering the girl's hand with it and spoke, “He is gone. You will not find him here.”

Amari was like a beacon of pure light, energy, and mana all rolled into one turbulent being, in such a state she was struggling to reign in her soul. “Bring him back….I’ll bring him back…”

“Do not reach across the veil of death Amari. That path leads to madness, you may not bring him back as you hoped,” She whispered softly. A small black cat moved into the room and looked upon the two of them before it brushed against the kneeling form of Aislinn, she looked down upon the feline and gently ran her hand along it before she spoke, “I learned that lesson all too well.”

Taka looked upon the body and his blades. Rengoku was chipped, broken, and torn. His wakizashi was stained with blood. His Tanto was not even visible. A gauntlet blade hand gently brushed the saya of his Katana before he spoke his voice heavy, “Leave us, Lady Orlouge.”

“Taka, don't do this-”

“Tsukai, please, leave us,” he managed. He had only so much control over his emotions and he needed Aislinn anywhere but here. His eyes closed as he gently leaned forward and spoke, “Now.”

Aislinn sighed, before she stood up, gently brushing stray strands of her hair from her face before she spoke, “I will be in the common area if you wish to talk.”

He waited for her brother's to head back down stairs. He could hear her soft words and knew she was trying to.calm down the others. He spoke once more his voice soft, “I shouldn't have... It was not my place…”

“T-Taka.” The vibrant glow began to flicker and fade. “Taka…” Her voice broke as she repeated his name, “Taka…” almost pleading with him as she wrapped her still bleeding arms around herself. “Taka…”

He was never one who was big on touch. It was taboo in his homeland and he had never grown up with it. However he knew the power touch held from the one time he had dared anything remotely intimate. Still, even here, even now, he reached out and gently rested his hand upon Amari’s shoulder before he spoke, “I am sorry. I failed you both…”

The redheaded woman shook her her vehemently as she twisted her body and with complete disregard to Taka, wrapped her arms tightly around his shoulders, he could feel the wet slick of her blood as it soaked into his robes, and the tickle of her lips as she pressed her head into the crook of his neck. She was trying hard not to cry, but tears betrayed her and fell down her cheeks.

The Ronin wrapped his arms around her pulling her in close. He closed his eyes, relishing in the rare touch of another and knowing that he was wanted. It was a feeling he craved, but knew he could never have, and yet here he had a taste of it. He gently moved his mouth by her ear as he whispered softly, “You are safe here, I will be your shield.”

He closed his eyes breathing in her scent as he held her tightly. His breathing steady and even as he consoled her. He knew the feelings of love within him, but also knew their dangers. One day he would be free. However, even then, for just a moment he dared to let his guard down and hugged her tighter, reassuring her as he spoke,”You need not hold back, I am here for you.”

“Help me…” She whispered, not shying away from his tightened embrace. “I need to take him back to Salvar...I need to bring him back…” She murmured between restrained sobs as her hands became entangled in his hair, no doubt leaving a literal bloody mess. The light that was emitting from her body became dim, before finally disappearing as the woman fell into a state of fluid emotion. “Please…”

Taka gently moved within her embrace a hand going to her chin and moved her face so her eyes met his, “I swear upon my blades, Noel shall reach Salvar, and you will be there with him. I will not rest until this is so.”

He had never looked at her eyes so closely. His gaze drinking in her details. She was beautiful, if he were to be the judge of such things. Not the beauty that Cassandra Remi boasted of, but the quiet beauty of one who was still practical. She would not win any beauty pageants, but Amari was not easily dismissed from his mind either. He fought to restrain the emotions he felt in his heart, before he could be swept away on a tide of desire and vulnerability.

GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    Losing Noel was a heavy blow for Amari. She struggled to accept that he was gone, especially in such a violent way. A part of her wanted to lash out at Taka, he was the one who had killed Noel. There was the temptation to strike him down, to rip out his heart whilst he was distracted but even if she had the willpower to. She couldn’t. Such abilities came from the corruption of her soul and now she had been cleansed, she was useless as a weapon.

As the anger and rage bubbled beneath the surface, something stronger beat heavy and fast on the surface. Taka had strengthened his hold on Amari, so much so she could feel his heart thump hard against her cold skin. It was both soothing and hypnotic, and the woman clutched at his warmth tightly, afraid it’d be wrenched from her just like Noel had been, just like anything positive in her life had been.

She felt his fingers dance against the skin of the underside of her chin as he pulled her gaze to his, he promised he’d aid her and Amari knew what that meant, it meant he’d be going straight into enemy territory. Setting foot on Salvar for an Ixian Knight was akin to suicide. Amari wanted to thank him but no words came, instead she pressed her forehead against his and shut her eyes, a part of her knew this was a bad idea but the woman was lost, and broken, and any warmth she could seek out, she was going to latch onto. She pressed her lips gently to his, knowing that the ronin would probably pull away but in that instant, she didn’t care. She just didn’t want to feel so alone anymore.

Taka seemed to stiffen for the briefest of moments. It was unexpected the kiss between them, but suddenly he pressed his lips back against hers as he too threw the rules out the window and indulged. His arms moving to a position to help her relax more comfortably with him.

Feeling him reciprocate, Amari parted her lips, drawing in a sharp breath as she deepened the kiss, salty from her tears. His arms shifted, one wrapping around her waist, lifting her onto his lap. The other nestled into her hair as his fingers pressed her closer still. Amari murmured into the gentle kiss, exhaustion and desire winning over logic. It would have been a bittersweet moment, if it were not for the corpse not two feet from them. Noel’s body wasn’t even cold yet.

He moved his hands even as he pressed his body against hers. The two beginning the process of affirming they were in fact alive. He broke the kiss only briefly before another replaced it, a hunger rising within him that the taste of her seemed to satisfy.

The sudden fervor caught Amari off guard, her eyes opened in shock but his ministrations and warm hands sliding down her form allowed Amari to melt into his strong grip, pain and sorrow be damned, his touch felt good. Surprisingly so for someone who claimed to be abstinate. She broke away from the kiss, placing a bloodied palm on his chest, “T-Taka…” She breathed his name, her eyes questioning him. Was this what he wanted?

Was this what she wanted?

His answer was unspoken as his lips found their way to her neck, lightly brushing against her skin. “T-Taka…” Amari continued, trying to find an answer before she slipped completely under the thrall of primal urges.

GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    The Ronin paused from exploring Amari's curves as he took a shuddering breath. His eyes held much of his desire before he whispered hoarsely, “Amari…” he use her name and gently cupped her cheek as he tried for the briefest of moments to reign in his urges, “...I don't want to stop this….”

He looked deep into her golden eyes and said softly, “It this is what you wish, don't leave me.” Her response was a gentle kiss upon the nape of his neck, that was the affirmation he needed. He kissed her again, hungry for taste of her lips. He had never been a man who indulged in such pleasures, he had never tried, and yet here he was with Amari.

The Ronin rested his face in the crook of her neck as he whispered, “I warn you, I am most likely bad at this…” Amari didn’t respond in words, her hands snaked under his robes and pried them off. Revealing pale skin. His arms were still wrapped for the most part in bandages, revealing the lengths he went to to hide the taint.

He kissed her as he slid her jacket off her body, feeling every curve of her body as he learned what seemed to make her moan. He found she was susceptible to bites on her neck, and tweaks of her nipples, she responded to his more rough actions with shivers and moans, which only egged him on further.

Taka took it slowly learning what the boundaries were, and however he could push them. He was timid and eager in equal measure as he devoted to learning Amari in a way he had never dreamed of. It felt so right, the emotional edge, the merging of two people. It was as if he were joining with her soul, and sharing a bit of himself in a way that would never be undone.

Their passion would see clothes tossed away with a fervor and more and more flesh came in contact with with each other. The cleansing of Taka's soul had seen the black legions retreat, running in dual strips down his back. His arms were relatively clean of marks, and his face was also cleared of the Oni's mark. A nip at her neck prepared her as they sunk lower to the floor the two losing themselves to their emotions and hormones.

He took her there, against the wooden floor beside her fallen comrade. It was wrong, but it felt right. Her legs were wrapped tightly around his hips and with each deep buck she offered the smallest and sweetest of moans and gasps. This continued further and further into the night as Taka would rest to recover, before returning to Amari for more. They had moved to the bed a few times as they did so, somehow managing to move about the room as their lusts took them.

It wasn't till much later Taka finally tried speaking with any semblance of thought or reason, “How are you?”

“I’m...Fine, I think I have a better handle on things now.” She was twirling her fingers through her hair, sweat glistening on her pale and cracked skin, she rose her eyes to meet his. “What about you?”

He gave her a rare smile as he whispered, “I'm fairly certain you make me reconsider the monks lifestyle I live normally. I am however feeling sore in muscles I never worked out before, and in a way I enjoy.”

Amari shook her head with a small laugh, “No. I mean.” She reached out and traced a small circle in the mid of his chest. “That. The Oni, your code.” Her eyes fell to the ruffled bedsheets. “Perhaps I should have stopped you. I was just...craving warmth and attention and you were there and had provided it in spades.”

He looked down at his chest before he spoke, “Bushido has no strictures about this sort of thing. My society likes to pretend children are a gift from the Kami and that what happens in the home is none of their business.” He closed his eyes before he spoke, “The Oni has said and done nothing since you separated us, for now. I know he lurks there, but right now, I find my burden lightened. It was as if for the briefest of moments, I was...normal.”

He leaned closer and kissed her cheek,”Arigato.”

“Ah...reee….what?” She shook her head and managed a smile. “If you’re satisfied and have no regrets, then that makes me feel less guilty.” She glanced at their clothes, strewn across the floor, and a paled Noel. “We should....probably get going.”

Taka looked at the mess of the room and sighed softly before he said, “I much preferred when the world contained just us. You are right, I need to make preparations with Erikson. He will most likely lecture me again about you. I need to make sure Orlouge-dono will be taken care of until she reaches Radasanth. After I deal with that I'll be ready to go with…” He stopped as he looked upon his blades. “We need to visit a blacksmith, my sword needs repairs if I am to journey with you.”

Amari had slipped free of the blankets and dressed herself, the jade stone in her hair twirled and glinted in the rays of the morning sun. “Do what you need to do, Taka.” She approached him and ran her fingers through the length of his hair. “I’ll wait downstairs.” As Amari passed her fallen comrade she covered him with a discarded bedsheet before leaving the room

Taka watched as she left, and knew that perhaps this could never be repeated. Perhaps it was a wrinkle in time, but for a brief moment he had experienced life, and it was a humbling experience. He knew now why ur refrained from such things, the taste of it he had made him crave more. He knew life would never be the same.
    Last edited by Tainted Bushido; 03-26-17 at 10:09 PM.

GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    Did she regret last night? No. Not in its entirety, she was drowning in the pain of losing Noel, and Amari knew more than anyone that people did foolish things when they were grieving, more often than not she had used it to her own advantage, and now, she found herself on the other end of the stick. She and Taka had divulged in each others flesh, multiple times that night, each time he grew more and more confident and seemed to entangle himself further within Amari’s grasp, and her in his. It was something they both needed, even if it were coupled with the macabre and grotesque visage of Noel’s deceased form lying silently on the floor.

Amari had a clearer head now, she knew what she needed to do. She was going back to Salvar with Noel, and she was going to bring him and the book to Madison. Madison would be able to aid in reviving Noel, Amari was sure of it. Then there was the matter of Lichensith Ulroke, her Master. For too long she had served him without question, things needed to change. Amari wasn’t about to up and leave the man, she didn’t have the heart to do that, but she wasn’t going to yield to him so easily. Torture be damned.

The lower floor was devoid of most people, it had only just gone daybreak and most patrons were still asleep after a long night of being kept awake by the sounds of fighting. Amari chose to sit quietly at a table after having ordered a pot of well needed earl grey tea. It arrived, but instead of the server carrying the silver platter, it was Aislinn. Who was deftly balancing it on her one hand.

“Do you know what you did?” She asked as she placed the tray down and took a seat opposite Amari.

“We’re both adults, Ailynn.” Amari said as she carefully poured the woman a cup of tea then herself.

“While your actions make that logic refutable, I am inclined to agree you have reached maturity. Do you understand what you have done to Taka?” She asked once more as she carefully sipped the tea and nodded as if satisfied with the pot.

Whatever elation and peace Amari felt was slowly crumbling with the harsh reality of the womans words. What had she done? Amari had pushed the Oni’s influence back so it was nothing more than a trickle, she had defended him, she had bedded him. All the while Taka was a willing and accepting participant. “Given him something he wanted?” Amari muttered dryly.

“You have, you gave that man everything he wanted and more. Now I ask you this, what happens when you are gone? Do you plan to stay with Taka forever? Are you willing to stick with that man until death do you part? Keep in mind that question has an entirely different meaning for you two,” the witch then set her tea down and looked at Amari expectantly.

Amari hadn’t thought of that. To her, sexual acts were nothing more than that, a means for release. She had never experienced such a thing filled with love and devotion, last night came close, but not quite. Had he only given himself to her because he cared about her? That didn’t make sense, “We...had only met twice before.” Amari began, “He knows...he knows I can’t stay, I have to return to Salvar and bring Noel home.” Amari avoided using any terms associated with the Crimson Hand, the conversation was already delicate, she didn’t need to agitate it. “Taka…..” She paused, trying to find the right words, “I care about him, but, whenever I’m around him that Oni seems to rear its head. We’ve helped each other over and over, in such a short amount of time...I don’t understand your questioning.”

“Taka and I do not get along. I know this is because I am hard on the man, but understand I do so because I know what he can do. I also know that the Oni is held in check when he keeps his passions under control. Last night, you used my room to let them all out and now he knows what he was missing. It was one thing when he only had ideas, now he knows,” She let the words hang in the air as she sipped her tea.

“He risks everything for you, because he sees so much of himself in you. Do you realize that? So, when you leave him because you can't stand that Oni anymore, I want you to realize he has to keep those passions contained, but doesn't have ignorance to use as a shield. Where ignorance is bliss, tis folly to be wise Amari, and you made Taka wiser than he ever needed. You cannot put this cat back in the bag,” She explained. She looked down into her tea before she said softly, “It's why he has been celibate for so long. Taka thinks he's ready, but he is woefully unprepared. One day, he will find that person who will make the sacrifice, but I see it, you don't even know who you are. Are you willing to help Taka in the fight for his very existence?”

Amari didn’t like the woman’s words, not because of how harsh they were, but because of the underlying truth in them. “I don’t know that yet. I do know that I’ll do what I can to keep that Oni in check, If I leave Taka to never see him again it won’t be because of some smart mouthed demon, it’d be for his own well being.” Amari finally took a sip of her tea, it did little to alleviate the heavy feeling in her chest.

“Do you know why he refers to me as Tsukai?” She asked softly. Amari shook her head. “It is the Akashiman word for Witch. In his culture there are no good witches. Every last one is a terrible foe who only brings suffering. He refuses to use the trade speak version of the words because we accept the good and the bad. He uses that word because he sees me as an embodiment of evil.”

She shook her head softly before she spoke, “I cannot continue to look out for him. He needs someone who is willing to stay at his side, even if it meant what's not best for him. If you can't do that for him, then we have a problem, because he will fall now. Seduction has become so much better a tool against him.”

“So, in short, I’ve made things worse for him?” Amari shook her head, “If he really saw you as the embodiment of evil, he would not have brought me to you.” Amari traced invisible patterns upon the tables surface. “I am unsure if I am able to stay entirely by his side, I have a lot of business I need to take care of - some of which would mean his death if I did not tie up the loose ends. Don’t mistake my uncertainty for apathy. I want to aid him, but I cannot do so without first aiding myself.”

GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    The Ronin exited the room after a while, his hair was pulled back into a ponytail and his clothes while still dirty at least looked presentable. He looked down upon the common area and saw Amari talking to Aislinn. A sigh left his lips at the sight even when he heard the dutiful footsteps approaching him. He closed his eyes before he said softly, “I was honestly expecting this far sooner. You've learned patience.”

“Taka, we've known each other for years, I’m one of the few men who have stayed with you through thick and thin. In all this time you showed me the value of restraint. So believe me when I say this is with all due respect, but what in the name of the Thayne did you think you were doing last night?” the words came without preamble. They were measured, as if the speaker had spent the night going over what would be said.

The Ronin allowed himself a wistful smile behind his mask as he replied, “If I said living, would you believe me?”

Erikson shuffled in place next to him before he spoke softly, “Boss, if you want to self destruct, I can think of no better way. You may think that you can stop being the monk, but we both know the taint isn't going to stop because you decided to take a vacation.”

The Ronin nodded firmly. He knew the sentiment all too well. Many a time he had to sit on the sidelines while his men caroused, drink and enjoying the company of women. For them, the only risk was a hangover or a burning sensation when they urinated. He looked at his longtime Lieutenant before he said softly, “Lucas would have been proud of you Erikson-San.”

“An artful deflection if ever there was one. I'm flattered you think so, but we still have the problem that you just broke your celibacy. What do we do now?” the one time Caravan Guard asked as he crossed his arms in front of him.

“You go back to Radasanth, take jobs from the Crown for now, and await my return,” Taka said softly.

“Why am I waiting for you to step off the boat with us? I highly doubt a job could be done in a few seconds,” The feigned ignorance was dripping from every word.

“I am traveling to Salvar with Amari to ensure safe passage and the delivery of her friends body,” Taka replied firmly.

“So you're going to try suicide for a change. I'm glad we had this talk, it was nice knowing you Taka,” The words were without a moment's notice, obviously unprepared, but heartfelt nonetheless.

Taka remained silent, his voice lost as things continued quietly through the morning. Aislinn seemed to have soured Amari’s mood, much as Erikson had done for him. He was certain a similar conversation had just occurred and now the two of them were being counseled. He rested a gauntlet covered hand on the railing before he winced softly, “Where is the blacksmith? I need to restore my soul, and cleanse my honor.”

Erikson nodded softly before he spoke, “Not far, but it'll take time for them to be able to repair your Katana. It took me most of the night to clean it. Your wakizashi is clean though and in its sheath. It's sitting on your Daisho stand in your room. Aislinn used it last night, but seeing as she's grilling Amari, I doubt she'll complain too loudly if you gather your things.”

Taka froze at those words, looking at the man who he had fight beside in three Wars. He remained silent, unable to speak, knowing the symbolism of what the man had done. He had tried to repair the Katana, symbol of a samurai's soul, something Taka had been careless with and nearly destroyed. Then he had cleansed the wakizashi, symbol of a samurai's honor. When he finally found words he looked down at Aislinn and Amari before he spoke, “You are a good friend. I apologize for being unworthy of such friendship.”

“I'll send you the bill later. We’ll escort Lady Orlouge back home to Pierce, then we’ll get a couple of jobs to build up capital, so when the Crimson Hand get their hands on you we can mount a proper rescue mission. How much do you think hiring the Lavinian Demon would cost?” Erikson joked. Taka relaxed knowing things were slowly returning to a normalcy. He tilted his head as he looked at his second in command.

“Any news of the Cult should be given to Aislinn. She will know how to use it. Seeing as how I will need to wait for my blade to be repaired, I'll see you off. Any questions?”

“How much does a General make?”

Taka laughed softly and shook his head, “Not nearly enough.”

GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    Ailynn left Amari with heavy words which burdened the woman. Amari wasn’t sure what to do, she contemplated leaving whilst Taka was away getting his sword fixed, but that would lead to Taka seeking her out. “Dammit..” Amari muttered. She hadn’t left the small table, and over an hour had passed. The tea that sat before her was cold and the milk curdled.

“What the hell am I supposed to do in this situation?” She groaned as she pressed her forehead to the table. It would have been easier if she didn’t give a shit about him, if she saw him as nothing more than a quick fuck, but that wasn’t the case, even with her corruption lifted, Amari struggled to identify with, and deal with her emotions.

It’d have been better if I had avoided him during that night in the castle...then none of this would have happened. Amari wouldn’t be feeling so torn and melancholy, she’d have her book, she’d have Noel, and she’d be on a boat back to Corone.

Amari lifted her head to catch sight of Erikson, who quickly turned his gaze away from her. “Erikson...Right?” Amari asked, “Do you mind if we talk?” Amari gestured toward the seat before her. “I won’t take up much of your time.”

The man ran a hand through blonde hair before he looked straight at her and nodded, “I suppose this was inevitable. Go ahead, you first.”

Amari frowned, normally such a passive aggressive remark would slide right off her back, yet right now, it hung heavily in the air, Amari ignored it. “What should I do, to fix this?” Amari rarely asked for advice, and it was even more rare for her to admit she wanted and needed help, her asking the man for such things was a big step down a path she was trying to steer herself down, one that would better herself, not that he would ever know that.

His eyebrows rose at the blunt statement. He looked down for a second before he spoke, “To be honest, from what I knew of you, this is the last thing I expected you to be asking. I, honestly don’t know. This is new ground for all of us, but there is one thing I can think of. Be honest, to yourself and him. If this isn't going anywhere, you need to let him know before he does something stupid. Trust me, I've seen him do it to himself.”

Amari frowned, “I’m sick of this ‘honest with yourself’ shit, I barely know what I’m doing half the time, I don’t know what I’m thinking or what ‘this’ is that you all keep referring to.” The mans answer did little to alleviate the turmoil she felt, and only instigated the confusion that wracked her emotions.

Erikson sighed before he looked at her, “Are you getting your jollies, or is this something you want to pursue? Is Taka the guy you want to try and have a life with, or is he just another warm body for the night? I know I’m asking a lot of you, but you have to understand, we all care about that man. He pulled my ass out of the fire multiple times. I don’t want to have to pick up the pieces if you decide you made a mistake. If you did that's fine, we clean it up now, rather than let him get his hopes up only to watch him crash at the end.”

“You’re talking as if he actually cares about me.” Amari’s voice softened, “and that just doesn’t make sense, that’s not something someone does.”

“Taka does care. He bent over backwards to keep that…” Erikson paused as he pursued his lips, “Man alive. He tried to do everything he could because he knew that the man was a friend of yours. He was practically ready to die, just to save you a little pain. He,” He gestured as if trying to find the words and finally sighed, “He seems naive, but it’s not because he is, he was a Ronin for over a year before Sei found him and made him a General. He knows life is shit, and that people are shit. He cares because Sei showed him that if one person isn’t shit, if one man stands up and says ‘Hey, it isn’t right to treat people like shit. We’re going to treat each other nice!’ Others follow. That was the lesson the Ixian Knights were teaching, until Eiskalt, and the Night.”

The man spoke quite a lot for such a short answer. “Right…sounds like a shit lesson to me...” Amari muttered, turning her attention to the Jade stone in her hair, she spun it round and round between her thumb and forefinger. It was a foreign concept to her, to have someone care like that. Sure, she had brushes with such dreams. Shinsou was the first to come to mind, but he was a bittersweet thought, Amari wasn’t sure what the man felt for her, but it surely wasn’t the love she once had for him. “You are asking a lot. You’re asking me if I want to spend the rest of my life with a guy I barely know. You’re asking me to decide things I don’t know….” Amari paused, biting her lower lip. “Honestly...it would have been best if I ignored him that night in the castle. If he forgot all this.”

Amari stopped fiddling with her hair and lowered her hand to the table. “People get hurt around me. It’s best if I avoid them. Hell, look what happened to Noel, and he was the most virtuous man the Crimson Hand had. The kinder someone is to me, the worse their fate.”

Erikson looked down at the floor as he nodded softly, “Don’t say Crimson Hand around the other men. I knew Taka was stubborn, but this is up there for rampant stupidity. Does Aislinn know?”

“Know what? That I’m with them? I don’t think so.” Amari offered Erikson a wry smirk, “may as well lay it all on the table. I’m Master Ulrokes right hand. I do as he asks without question.” She paused, “well...did. The man is an emotionless, foolhardy, stubborn child. I spend half my time ensuring something like Eiskalt doesn’t happen again.”

“Yedda’s tap dancing tits…” Erikson swore, “Taka certainly knows how to pick ‘em.” He took a steadying breath as he looked at her, “Look, no offense, your employer is an ass of monumental proportions. I wouldn’t bat an eye at his passing. However, that doesn’t complicate things any more than they already were. I mean, me knowing doesn’t matter if he knew, did he know?”

Amari nodded, “I’m fairly sure he knows. We’ve discussed it, but do you see why I struggle with this sort of thing? I didn’t exactly grow up with rainbows and sunshine. Fuck, I’ve never even seen one of those. Listen…” Amari leaned forward, “You don’t have to like me, hate me for all I care. I just want Taka to live his life, and do so in full. If that means I am to leave him now, I will. If I have to go one step further, I’ll wipe myself from his memory.” Those words hurt Amari, more than she let on, more than she showed, yet she kept her stoic appearance. “I’m wondering if it is the best course of action to take, leave him with the one encounter, have me as nothing more than an adversary.”

Amari leaned back in her chair. “It’d be safer for him that way.”

“So you let the man live a day as if he wasn’t a powder keg with the fuse lit, and then you want to tear that day away from him because you think it’s inconvenient? With all due respect, that sounds like a very Crimson Hand decision,” Erikson offered. He looked around before he spoke his voice calm, “Don’t try to save Taka, he won’t let you, and he’d make a beautiful mess of any attempt. That man is about what he can do for others, the second it turns to his turn for something, he’d insist that help go elsewhere. You already answered the question best you can, this isn’t some wild fling, you care about the guy. Really, that’s the best any of us could hope for.”

“I am Crimson Hand, Erikson.”

“You say that, but for someone who had a chance to kill one of her master’s biggest enemies, you certainly didn’t step up,” Erikson shot back.

“My Masters enemies are not always my own.” Amari sighed, rubbing her forehead. “I didn’t expect this conversation to go on so long, I’m sure you have better things to do. I’ll wait here for Taka.”

Erikson shook his head before he spoke, “Honestly, you two deserve each other with how much you guys march to your own drum.” He then turned and moved to the other mercenaries as he began to talk to them about the changes to their plans.

“Dunno if that was a compliment or not.” Amari muttered. The talk with Erikson certainly helped more than the one she had with Ailynn, but Amari couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong and that Taka was going to get hurt.

“Are you ready?”

Amari glanced up at the familiar voice. “Taka?” She offered him a faint smile. “Do we have everything? Supplies, the book? Noel? Are your swords fixed?”

“My blade will be done shortly, they said the damage to it was not enough to warrant more than an hours work. They also said I shouldn’t hover around the shop, so I’m here to gather my things, we can grab my blade and be done with this place, as happy as some of the memories were. Did you gather your things yet from your room?” The ronin replied as he saw the group of mercenaries looking at him then back at Erikson.

“I travel light, all I own is on my back, or upstairs with….” She glanced down. “With Noel.” Amari shook her head, she couldn’t dwell on the mans death, she knew that she could bring him back.

Taka remained respectfully quiet before he spoke, “I’ll get a container for him, we can probably find passage to Salvar sooner rather than later and be ready to go. Do you need anything else?”

Amari paused, thinking, as dangerous as Magicite was, it’d be useful to bring back to the hand, but she had a feeling Noel probably had more on his person than what Ailynn found. It’d be unwise to mention it to Taka, he’d only fight her to get rid of it.

“I don’t think so.” Amari stood, she could feel Erikson’s burning gaze on her, but as she caught it she felt it was one more of a reserved respect than ire and distaste. “I’m ready to go when you are, Taka.”

Amari had to work out her own turbulent emotions, and soon, especially if she wanted no harm to come to Taka, but first and foremost - she had to do what she originally came here to do, find answers to her race, bring Noel back to life and explain to her Master why she was galavanting around with the enemy. All in a days work.

GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    “Here you go, good as new,” The man said as he carefully brought the Katana to Taka, THe ronin took the blade in hand feeling the connection restore immediately. His eyes traveled the blade as he said softly, “You did good work. How may I thank one who restores souls?”

The blacksmith shook their head as he knew what the Ronin was saying. He nodded before he spoke, “Just give me some gold and we’ll call it even on this one. The blade is well made, I haven’t seen craftsmanship this fine in a while. Who is the blacksmith?”

“A man named Sen, he died though, this was his last work,” Taka replied.

“A shame, the man was a genius. Still, my assistant will tell you how much to pay, I have more work to do, thank you for coming in,” The blacksmith said as he called out to his assistant while heading to the forge in the back of the shop.

The ronin carefully sheathed the blade, feeling the comforting weight of Rengoku on his hip. He of course paid the asked price, adding a bit more to the pot as a thank you for such speedy service before he moved outside the shop. Amari was nearby, and he wasn’t sure how to approach her. Were they lovers, mere friends? It was an awkward dynamic for they had merely gone back to things as if nothing had occurred between them. He knew they would have to work it out eventually, but for now they needed to get on the ship. When he stepped up to her he spoke softly, “Do we share a cabin, or would you prefer to be lodged alone?”

“I’d prefer your company.” Amari said simply, as though it were nothing. “Lodging together is fine Taka, after everything, I think I’d appreciate the warmth of another, if it didn’t go against your code.”

He looked at her, seeing the look of quiet hope. He knew that the night should have been a one off, but there was something intoxicating about her. He carefully lifted her mask and gave her a warm smile as he spoke, “I would be honored Amari-chan.”

His heart raced at the prospects of what was to occur. With his taint in remission he let the mask hang from the Saya of his wakizashi, relishing being a normal person for however long it lasted. He knew it was a dream, one he would assuredly be awoken from, but he wanted to savor it while it lasted. Amari had given him a rare gift, and he was loathe to waste it. Gesturing down the street he spoke softly, “After you.” She offered him the faintest of unsure smiles, following the path forward.

The lodgings were quickly secured, giving them a bit of privacy, as well as ensuring their cargo would make it intact. The ronin quickly paid the fees and returned with their promised booking and handed it to Amari, “The ship isn’t the quickest out there, but the fastest possible. We will have some time before we reach Knife’s Edge. Is there anything else you wanted to do here in Dheathain?”

Amari thought for a while, “I’m not used to making decisions. A tool isn’t generally given such a luxury as that.” She quickly added, seeing the look Taka had given her, “I suppose I have that now. I’ll be demanding as such when I get back.”

“I would say the first step on that road is to stop calling yourself a tool. Tools are mistreated and reforged all the time. They are lost and replaced without a care to the man using them. People, are not tools, no matter how desperately some cling to the notion. They are people, and when you treat them like people, they will do things no tool is capable of,” Taka said. His tones wasn’t one of condescension but of an offering. He gave her a piece of the wisdom he had been forced to learn as a Ronin.

Amari sighed, reaching forward and instead of brushing his hair away from his face, she pulled it forward into his eyes, her fingers pulling strands out of his ponytail. “What would you call me?” It seemed as though her cold guard was slowly crumbling away, despite whatever words Aislinn shared with her earlier. “If we have nothing here, we can board the ship early?”

Taka looked at her before he spoke, “When I had come to that realization, I was merely a Ronin. I had to figure out what I called myself because no one would give an answer other than weapon. I realized the answer is different for every person. If I were to hazard a guess, I would say you are Amari.” A hand gently brushed the rogue strands out of his face as he looked at the ship and spoke, “I have no problems with boarding early. Let’s go to your home.”

Amari, in a teasing manner, pulled the strands right back out again. “It’ll be a week or so right? I hope you don’t get motion sickness,” She quipped.

He smiled as he tried once more to be free of the rogue strands. His eyes looking upon her as he said, “I’ll be fine, I was part of the Yanbo Port guard. If I got sea sick I wouldn’t hear the end of it from my fellow guard.”

The two made it to the small cabin, housing a single double bed with puke green covers, a port hole and a dresser. Amari didn’t seem phased, she quickly took off her leather Jacket and tossed it onto the bed. “Taka.” Her tone turned serious. “I...may not be the same person when you see me again, after I return to the sanctum. I am not sure how Ulroke will react to a number of things.” She turned to face him, reaching out to grasp his hand, then his sword with the other. “Promise me on your wakuzusha, that you will not put yourself in harms way for me, no matter the outcome.”

Taka looked upon the woman before him, trying earnestly to protect him while telling him that a storm was on the horizon. He looked at the woman with a serious glint in his eyes as he said, “I promise you, that I will not put myself in harms way for the sole purpose of avenging you Amari-chan.” He pulled his Wakizashi and held it before him as he spoke, “I swear this upon my honor, and will uphold that promise, until the day I finally die.”

Amari seemed satisfied with his answer, she breathed a sigh of relief and threw herself onto the bed, arms outspread. “We have a reprise, you wanted a world with just the two of us , this is about as close as it could get.” Amari joked.

Taka nodded as he moved beside her on the bed and said softly, “I may be destined for Jigoku, but I think I shall enjoy my time in Tengoku…” He took a chance and leaned forward kissing her, and deciding to make the most of their trip. She reciprocated, and Taka didn’t wish for it to end.

But, all good things eventually do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast