“I don't think I could stay away from you if I tried Amari,” He said softly. He closed his eyes as he stepped closer to her and whispered, “If we are being honest, I have a gift for you…”

“W-what?” She asked, she was ever so innocent and painstakingly kind, Joshua wished that just once, she would be selfish. “You don’t have to get me anything Joshua. Your company is more than enough.”

His hand gently moved from her chin up to a cheek as he gently pressed his lips against hers in a chaste kiss. She tasted sweet, like sugar and jam, but the salty taste of her tears lingered upon her soft lips. He gently pressed his forehead against hers before he whispered, “I hope you liked it. It was the only gift you've let me give you, but I have more should you wish.”

“I’d want nothing more than I’d want that…” She whispered in earnest, with red cheeks. He smiled as he leaned in and gave her another kiss, letting it linger between them. Her lips parted ever so slightly as she breathed in deep, her arms finding their way back around his shoulders.

He kissed her deeply, feeling an explosion of emotions between them as suddenly he felt too clothed. He reached up to the clasp on his breastplate and loosened it. He wanted to feel their bodies against one another, and needed the feeling of Amari against his skin.

His eyes looked into hers deeply and he carefully pulled off the breastplate, laying it gently on the chair as he whispered, “Amari, I don't care about anything other than you. I don't want you to go through life just surviving. I want you to live, to love and be loved.”

Her fingers danced through his hair, her nails scraping against his skull fulfilling a desire between them. She shifted her hands to run down the length of his arms and griped his hands, guiding them to the lace at her back which held her dress in place.

Carefully he undid the knots as he kissed her hungrily feeling her own needs pour back into him. It was a sharing of emotion that seemed to feed into itself bringing them closer and closer as more flesh was joined. He kissed her as hands ran over the recently bared shoulders. It was intoxicating, the passion welling between them, and he didn't want to abandon it for anything.

Joshua was indulging in every desire with Amari exploring her body as she did his. Every scar, every bump and bruise was discovered with a sharing of how it got there. Joshua probably had more bruises, but the myriad of scars on Amari's body concerned him as he kissed and soothed away the troubled thoughts they brought.

Finally he whispered softly, “You're sure this is what you want?”

She nodded, pressing her forehead to his, she laughed. A melodic laugh he had never heard from her before, and it only made him love her more. They kissed before he took her, careful to try and not hurt her with the act. They slowly worked with each other building a rhythm before she bit into his collarbone supressing a cry of passion. Joshua shuddered at the primal act as he held her close, trying to keep rhythm with her as they joined in a passionate embrace.

The fire had died down as they finally finished, at last sated of their desires. They sat on the floor watching the burning embers, a quilted blanket about them to trap the heat. Joshua’s head rested on her shoulder as he whispered gently in her ear, “I wish we could stay like this forever…”

She rolled over into him, her chest pressed tightly against his. He could feel the steady thrum of her heart against his. “I have this memory, as much as I like forever, this right now is good enough for me.”

Joshua nuzzled gently into her neck as he said softly, “I love you Amari. However I'm expected at the Barracks. I need to go, but when I return, we will discuss our future. I promise you, the future will be ours, no one else's.”

He put his clothes back on before he kissed her once more, breaking it before he knew he would indulge in her once more. Carefully he exited the Bakery as he looked around and said softly to Amari, “I'll talk to you when I get back. Stay safe Amari.”

She had an old blanket draped over her shoulders, it was messy and frayed, but on her, it looked perfect. She tilted her head slightly to the side, and smiled warmly at him, squeezing his hand tightly, Joshua soaked up the warmth, returning it with one of his own. “I look forward to it...Joshua.” She left him with the smallest of kisses that tickled his cheek with warmth before she disappeared back into the bakery.

From the shadows a cloaked figure watched the final exchange before it headed back to the Duke’s Manor. It was time to report to the mistress about her fiance...