Eye Color
    Sea Green
    Build
    5'9" / 145 lbs.
    Job
    Demon Hunter

View Profile

Wing Woman of the Year

The wind whipped at loose shingles and tugged at laundry lines strung between stone buildings. It swirled cyclones of dust down cobblestone roads and wrapped flags ‘round their poles. It teased the dirty blond locks of a half elven youth as he strode down the street, black silken scarf raised against the wind. The sun slipped slowly toward the horizon, heralding the time when evening met nightfall.

Jake Narmolanya shivered against the early spring chill. Although the days had grown warmer of late, the wind gave the air a bite reminiscent of the icy winter. The half elf wore only a light black vest over his long-sleeved green shirt, the laces of which hugged his chest tautly. His pants matched the vest, pressed obsidian that wrinkled in the reddening twilight. Jake had all his clothing tailored from sifan cloth, save of course his fine leather boots.

The demon hunter ran a hand through his shaggy hair. He’d left his customary canvas cap behind this night, for it did not go so well with the rest of his outfit. Meeting with a woman made Jake think of such things. He never concerned himself with the colors of his clothing while on a Haidian’s trail. When doing battle with a demon, he didn’t stop to consider if his coattails complimented his bootstraps.

I suppose life can’t be all battles-to-the-death.

Of course, he didn’t feel the need to launder his clothing and bathe before meeting with most of his female friends. Perhaps it was Amari’s harsh, judgmental attitude that made him want to meet her expectations. Regardless, Jake and his garments were both scrubbed shining as his polished boots carried him through the streets of Radasanth. Soon he arrived at the Drunken Dwarf, a middle class tavern where he’d arranged to meet with the red-haired Salvic woman.

Jake took a seat with his back to a wall and ordered ale when the waitress came ‘round. Despite its name, the Drunken Dwarf catered to an almost entirely human crowd, which was good. It meant Amari would blend in. The half elf knew the Salvic lass was putting herself in danger just by meeting with him. The Crimson Hand, the organization in which she had become a leader, did not look kindly on external relationships. Jake was not sure why she had agreed to meet with him, but it made him glad. He felt Amari needed some positive friendship in her life, and hoped he could provide such an influence.

The smell of sour wine and stale ale wafted overtop of the odor of sawdust on the floor. A lute player began plucking her instrument in the far corner, earning appreciative applause and whistles from some of the more drunken patrons. The bosomy server returned with Jake’s ale, and he paid with silver and sipped the sudsy beverage. The tavern was crowded and growing rowdier as the minutes ticked by. Perfect conditions for a covert meeting between old friends.
    Jake Narmolanya - Child of Concordia

EXP: 38,655, Level: 8
    Level completed: 41%, EXP required for next level: 5,345
    Level completed: 41%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,345
    GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Emerald, yellow ring around iris
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    Most would find a bitter chill in the spring air, but most were not Amari. The redheaded woman welcomed the gentle breeze as it prickled her skin with the familiar bite of cold. Her black and restricting leathers were replaced with a more suited, summery attire. Her hair had been split, put in a half updo with the top half braided into a ponytail, pulling her hair out of her face. Her shoulders, blackened with the cracks of corruption, were exposed as she wore a thin strapped cotton dress that fell to just above her knees. The flowy outfit made Amari feel a little uncomfortable, she was used to exposed flesh, but she was not used to being so feminine. Advencia had insisted on doing the woman’s makeup, smokey charcoal lined eyes and glossy red lips.

Meeting Jake was a bit of a gamble; her Master had directly ordered her to not speak to him, but what could it hurt? Worst case scenario she’d be subjected to a torture she was all too familiar with. She found the meeting place with relative ease, the Drunken Dwarf. Amari wrinkled her nose at the name, these places tended to be unsavory. “Dammit Jake.”

As she pushed open the door and stepped inside, she was pleasantly surprised. Circular tables littered the bar, half filled with men and woman chatting amicably with each other, various drinks and foodstuffs upon their tables. It was loud, but not aggressively so, there were no fights and the air was thick with jovial laughs and light music. There was a succulent smell hanging in the air that made her mouth water, she couldn’t quite tell if it were goose or duck, but whatever the meat, it was well seasoned.

Her eyes glanced over the crowds till they landed on Jake who was in a corner booth, his back pressed up against a wall. Amari maneuvered herself through the crowd and sat herself down opposite the half elf. His hair was brushed back neatly, and the faint smell of soap lingered on his form, his clothes had been cleaned and pressed. “What’s this?” Amari asked, as she gestured toward him. “I doubt you had a doting succubus force you into bathing, what’s the occasion?”
    (23:17:08) BlackAndBlueEyes: Everything's coming up Lyehouse

EXP: 15,350, Level: 5
    Level completed: 23%, EXP required for next level: 4,650
    Level completed: 23%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,650
    GP

Name
    Jacob Narmolanya
    Race
    Human-Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blond
    Eye Color
    Sea Green
    Build
    5'9" / 145 lbs.
    Job
    Demon Hunter

View Profile
    “You should talk,” Jake shot back with a grin. His green eyes drank her in. “You look like you’re ready for a fancy date.”

She shot him a glare and tried to cover her face. Jake wondered if she was self conscious... Amari always seemed so confident. “As I said … I had a doting succubus insist I wear this. I know I look stupid!” She huffed, her rosy cheeks reddening more from frustration. “if you're just going to point it out all night I’ll leave!”

“I’m just teasing,” Jake said, the smile falling from his face. “You look great… Red.” He used her new name, and it still felt false on his tongue. To the half elf, she would always be Amari.

Tilting backwards on two legs of his chair, he balanced precariously while sipping his ale. Situations that made most folk uneasy were meditative for Jake Narmolanya. He could laugh in the face of a snarling demon, sing over the silence of a library, and dance along the edge of an active volcano. He figured it had something to do with his upbringing - he’d been exposed to hardship and violence from a young age, but never wanted for good friends and strong role models.

With Amari, however, Jake often didn’t know what to do or say. The woman had a spiny personality and a bear trap for a temper. He felt a certain responsibility for her, though. In the past he’d missed opportunities to make her life better, and while he’d accepted the fact it was not up to him to change her conditions, he wanted to support her as a friend. Even if that meant taking the odd tongue-lashing.

“I’ve been thinking about-” he cleared his throat “-procuring a new horse.” He confided to her, “a yearling.” His verdant eyes glowed and he put his ale down, rubbing his palms together. “From Fallien.” The last time they’d met, Jake had still been mourning the death of his previous steed, Gunner. The gelding had served him well for many years, and it had taken some months for him to feel ready to… procure… another horse.

“Good for you,” Amari said bitingly, and then softened somewhat when she saw the smile slip from his face for a second time. “No, really. I mean it, but why Fallien?”

“Don’t you remember?” Jake quirked an eyebrow. He’d told her about Fallieni lineages. “They’re known as the strongest and fastest steeds in all of Althanas.”

“Oh. Right.”

Jake re-settled the black silk scarf around his neck. Over Amari’s shoulder he spied a server and waved the young woman over. She cut through a fog of pipe smoke from two tables over and curtsied daintily as she arrived.

“What would you like?” Jake asked his old friend, “get anything, it’s on me.”

GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    “Whiskey, a blended malt one. Nothing under 20 years old.” Amari said, ignoring the slightly agape look Jake gave her. She had undoubtedly ordered the most expensive thing they had. She glanced over at him as the young woman wandered off. “What? You said anything.”

He shook his head with a small smile, “You just...order drinks like an old teacher of mine.”

Amari offered him a smirk, “You shouldn’t’ call a lady old, Jake.” He opened his mouth as though to correct himself but Amari interrupted. “I joke. So, Jake… of all places, why here why in Radasanth?”

Jake leaned forward and dropped his tone. “Radasanth has the broadest black market in all of Corone,” he said, “I’ve been looking for a sneaky thief to partner with for my horse heist.”

Amari sighed, assuming he wanted her to help. “You know I don’t have the time to aid you. I see why you want to be in Radasanth, but…” Amari fidgeted, hiding her face as the busty barmaid returned with her drink. Amari picked up the glass and in three gulps downed the entire thing. “Another.” She said as she slammed the glass back on the poor girls serving tray.

“Y-yes, of course…”

Amari leaned back in the chair and closed her eyes. “I feel way too vulnerable in this getup.” She muttered as she relished in the feeling of warmth as it ran down her throat and settled in her stomach. She barely caught whiff of the taste of the amber alcohol, and promised herself that the next glass, she’d take her time with.

“Don’ worry,” Jake jested, “I’ll chase off any unwanted suitors.”

Amari shot him a glare, “I can look after myself! I don’t need any-” She stopped herself and took a deep breath. Now was not a time for her anger, Amari had been trying to work on it, especially around those she was more amicable around… it seemed to help stop the black marks that kept appearing on her arms, and if she were being truthful, Amari didn’t always want to be angry.

“I think my attitude would chase most of them off.” She glanced him up and down, “What of you? Want me to chase away any girl who throws herself at you, or are you into that sort of thing?”

“Why?” Jake asked, color rising in his face, “is someone looking?” He glanced about the tavern as red tinged his cheeks and ears.

Amari grinned, “Maybe.” She didn’t know if anyone was looking, hell, Amari only just got here why would she be eyeing off the patrons of the bar? She wasn’t the type to go seeking sexual partners, and romantic ones were so far out the picture, such a thing didn’t occur to the woman. She glanced to the side as the barmaid came back with her next glass of whiskey. Amari reached out and picked it off the service tray, and with a sweep of her leg, she tripped the woman who went falling toward Jake. “Oh. My mistake.” Amari said as she took another sip.

GP

Name
    Jacob Narmolanya
    Race
    Human-Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blond
    Eye Color
    Sea Green
    Build
    5'9" / 145 lbs.
    Job
    Demon Hunter

View Profile
    The nimble half elf stood swiftly and caught the young woman, but not without landing his hands in a rather inappropriate place. Humiliation and anger shone on the server’s face, and she rounded on Amari. Jake tentatively touched her shoulder, drawing her attention back to him.

“Sorry about that, my friend is just awfully clumsy. Here,” he pulled a handful of gold coins out of his pocket and divided them, paying for the drinks they’d ordered so far and including a generous tip for the girl. She gave Amari a waspish look but took her tray and left.

“That wasn’t funny, Red.” Jake growled, sipping the ale which he had nearly spilled in the ordeal. He sat back down, as usual making light of the situation. “Come on now, I do alright by myself. I don’t need you throwing women at me.”

“I found it very amusing actually…” Amari said as she leaned back in her chair, her uncaring attitude toward the server reminded Jake of her circumstances, and how vastly different their outlooks were. “What’s the real reason I am here, Jake? You don’t want my help with yer’ horse, you don’t…” She paused to take another drink. “Want me to throw women at you. You and I both know I ain’t good company, so what is it?”

“We’re friends,” Jake said with a shrug. He took a long pull of ale to give himself a moment to think. Why did Amari always question such small things? “Friends should keep up with each other. It’s good.” He set down his mug and leaned his forearms on the table. “How have things been with you recently? You are looking well - honest.”

She averted her gaze at his compliment and leaned forward, hiding her face behind her hand. “Master had me killed twice yesterday, looks like I’m able to regain life at least twice now, happy accident I guess.” Amari lowered her hand and finished off the glass, she barely sat it down before signalling for another. Her cheeks took on a rosy tinge and Jake wondered if he should allow her another drink. He decided to let her, his eyes wide as she continued the story.

“By happy accident, I suppose the second death wasn’t intentional. A particularly brutal strike to my gut pierced a vital organ I think.” She shuddered. “I’d rather not go into detail. Beyond that...we are moving forward with our plans, of which I cannot divulge to you. Advencia, the Succubus I mentioned earlier, she seems to have taken a liking to me, I have a few men under my command. Life is….good I guess.”

“It sounds like a night off is just what you needed,” Jake said sagely, “and a few drinks, I reckon.” He downed the last of his ale and signalled for more, and the serving girl filled his mug to the brim with the frothy drink. “Is there anything particular you’d like to do? We’ve no need to stay trapped in here while there’s a whole world out there.” He waggled his eyebrows and sipped from the freshly topped mug, feeling the beginnings of an ale buzz in the back of his mind.

“If you’re referring to us fucking, I’d need several more drinks first.” Amari said, rather crassly and unexpectedly. “Beyond that, it’s just...nice to not be on constant guard.”

Jake sputtered slightly, choking on a mouthful of ale at the surprising comment. “That’s not what I meant.” He shook his head. “I mean, unless you… no, we’re just friends.” He cleared his throat and took a long drink of the bitter brew. “Good,” he added as a blush crept into his cheeks, “I’m glad you can relax a little.”

GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    “I’m talking about fuckin’ not making love. It’s just two people getting some sort of high off the other.” Amari said. She was halfway through her third straight glass of whiskey, and the heavy buzz in her head only grew.

“I know how sex works,” Jake muttered into his mug. “I guess if that’s what you want… we could. There are plenty of inns around here.”

Amari finished the last of her glass, and placed it on the table. She shifted toward Jake, pushing herself between the table and him, she slid easily onto his lap. Amari had no real or immediate intention of banging Jake, he wasn’t exactly her type. He was athletic, and attractive, but she felt him too...jovial, and too innocent. Still, she wanted to have some fun, and he was incredibly easy to tease. Her inebriation and his flushed cheeks only egged her on further.

“Oh Jake.” She whispered, her hand dancing over his thigh as she pressed her head into the crook of his neck. “If you had said yes straight away,... but I’m not about to force a man to do what he doesn’t want, and you clearly don’t want me.” She gave his knee a small slap before laughing at how red his cheeks had become.

“Look at your face!” She said, laughing again.

Jake chuckled awkwardly along with her and cleared his throat. “I’m always a wallflower,” he said after he’d drunk enough chilled ale to cool his cheeks. “Usually I visit a few taverns, and at some point a lady ends up in my lap. I’m not sure I’ve ever had to tell a woman I want her. They just assume.”

“That’s your problem.” Amari mused, still resting in his lap. She didn’t mind the position, the alcohol and positive atmosphere had her more relaxed than she had been in a very long time. Amari didn’t even bat away his hand as it found its way to her waist, even if it was just to keep her steady. “You are far too passive. Woman like dominance, to be pushed hard against a wall and claimed, to have someone lay claim to their body and take all that they are.” She paused, “Although, if you’re managing to bed a few ladies without that, I suppose you are not without your charms.”

Amari pushed herself off him, the sudden vertigo caused her to stumble slightly before she righted herself. “I think we’ve overstayed our welcome here, that woman keeps giving me daggers, I can only hold my temper for so long.”

“Really? Women like that?” Jake’s eyes widened as if he were learning a brand new piece of information. “I’ve seen men being forceful with their flirtation, but I never realized… I always thought it was just because…” Jake trailed off and downed the last of his drink. “We can find another tavern,” he offered.

“Well. I like that.” Amari said as she began to walk off without Jake, “Let’s go, you should lead the way. I do not know my way around this region at all.” She paused at the door, calling out over the banter of the other patrons. “C’mon portal boy! Let’s go!”

Jake left a few coins on the table and hurried after her, leading the way out into the chill night. He turned down an alleyway, footsteps echoing off the stone walls. “Do you really think I should learn to be more assertive?” He asked as they moved.

Amari covered her mouth as she hiccuped, giving him a nod. “Mmm, most definitely.” Amari glanced around, the two were alone, and the air was brisk. “Are you going to open a portal thingie?” She asked.

GP

Name
    Jacob Narmolanya
    Race
    Human-Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blond
    Eye Color
    Sea Green
    Build
    5'9" / 145 lbs.
    Job
    Demon Hunter

View Profile
    Jake paused in the shadowy alley. Thoughts roiled and rubbed together inside his lubricated mind. So women fancied assertive men? He supposed that made some sense. While Jake was usually content to bed whichever beauty chose to sit on his knee, there had been one occasion where a particular woman had attracted his interest, and he’d been powerless to win her over. The ordeal had caused the half elf no small amount of heartache, and had taken him some months to recover from. He knew one day he would become smitten with someone again, and he would like the end result to be different.

“Have you ever been to Scara Brae?” Jake asked. Emboldened by the bitter ale, he wanted to try out this assertiveness which Amari claimed worked so well on women. He was nervous and unsure of himself, however, so he wanted to try it somewhere he wouldn’t be recognized. “There’s a nice strip of taverns I visited once just outside the city’s walls. We could go there, for a little change of scenery.”

Amari shook her head, “Never.” She waved him forward, “Go on, do the thing.”

With an air of ceremony, Jake raised both hands and waved his fingertips in an intricate and unnecessary pattern. A wooden door sprang into existence, set against the solid wall of the tavern. When Jake opened the door though, they did not see a harsh rock wall.

The doorway looked out from a small copse of trees on the city of Scara Brae. Large stone walls crowned by parapets surrounded the thriving medieval city, with small buildings clustered around the outside like chicks flocking to their mother. A dirt road led to the broad wooden gates, and looped around the walls, visiting each building it passed along the way. The houses, taverns, and shops were all one and two story affairs, mostly made of wood, although some showed foundations of cobbled stone.

“After you, milady,” Jake said with a half-bow fit for a courtroom. He held the door wide open.

She stumbled through the door, “You know… if you’re taking me to a seedy place I’ll ...something to your face…” she muttered.

“It’s not seedy!” Jake insisted. I hope, he thought. Amari had higher standards than he did when it came to the quality of taverns.

They traipsed out of the trees and made their way along the dirt road. They passed a butcher shop, a bakery, and a chandler house. The sun had already set in a Scara Brae, and darkness haunted the sprawl of buildings, fought back by the lanterns hanging outside the taverns and other places still open for business.

“Not that one,” Jake said as Amari strode toward the first inn they approached. Last time he’d gone to the Bedsprings and Broomsticks he’d gotten in a fight with a man by sitting on the wrong barstool. Amari stumbled slightly as she changed direction and Jake caught her elbow to keep her on her feet. “Maybe you should get water instead of whisky,” he suggested.

“Maybe you should… shut up.” She leaned heavily on him for a moment, head lolling on his shoulder. “And also, bathe all the time. You don’t smell like a stable today. But mostly shut up.” She patted his arm and then laced hers through it. “Where are we going?”

“Over this way,” Jake steered her across the road to a large two story building of red-painted wood. Numerous lanterns illuminated a large sign which read: Haide’s Underbelly.

“What kind of place have you brought me to?” Amari asked with a hiccup. Jake led her inside so she could see. A fire blazed in a central hearth, and oil lanterns adorned the tables and walls giving the place a bright, cheery look. Sawdust thickened the floorboards, but absent was the smell of sour wine and vomit.

Groups of men and dwarfs frequented most of the tables, discussing the recent events at the palace or the latest updates on the ongoing skirmishes with goblins. A bevy of women sat at the bar, their cloaks and clothing seeming a mite too fine for such an out-of-the-way tavern. But then, Jake and Amari were dressed almost as well.

The pair took a seat at one of the open tables and ordered drinks, Amari again opting for expensive liquor while Jake ordered the house ale.

“So,” the half elf said, leaning forward expectantly, “how do I go about being all assertive and such?”

GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    Amari swirled the whiskey in the glass, she told herself this would be her last drink, at least for now. Her head buzzed with the merry dullness of the liqour. Her movements were sluggish and the world around her was hazy. “I should do this more often…” Amari mused, “Drinking, I mean. Fuck everything and just….” she paused to take a swig of the spiced liquor. “Just fuck everything.”

There was a silence between the two, if it were awkward Amari didn’t notice. She was too wrapped up in her own receding world. She cleared ther throat, remembering Jake asked her a question. “What was it you asked?”

“I...how do I go about being all assertive and such…” He sounded less sure, as worry laced his tone.

“I don’t fuckin’ know.” Amari muttered, leaning forward to rest her arms on the table, placing her chin atop them as she stared Jake down, trying to think of a better response. “You’re just...so passive and happy all the time. Be more crass, you’re a thief right? Take what you want. Do what you want? Take a similar approach to women-” She paused. “Course, if they tell ya t-t-to fuck off...yer proberbly should.”

Jake looked upward is if taking mental notes. “So I should treat women like a shiny trinket, ripe for the taking? Hmm, that seems… wrong.” Doubt laced the half elf’s eyes as he glanced at the group of women across the bar.

“What?” Amari snapped, “No! You gotta….” She paused, blinking slowly. “Youuu gott..gotta just.. Here.” Amari stood up, wobbled, and took a deep breath to steady herself. “Not think about repercusshuns.” She turned away from Jake before he could protest and approached the group of girls.

“Oi.”

They glanced over at her, one giving her a look of mild concern, she had large blue eyes and her long golden hair was pulled back into an intricate braid. “Can we help you? Are you alright?”

Amari waved the concern off, “I’m fine, I’m fine. See that man.” Amari pointed to Jake, then back to the blonde. “I’m his friend. He’s shy ya see, he thinks yer...attractive.. Said sumthin’ about…” She paused, what did girls normally like to hear? “Somethin’ about how yer eyes are like pale moonlight.”

“He did?” She glanced over at Jake, as the other girls in the group stifled giggles at the sudden interest. “He’s a handsome man himself.”

Amari grinned as she took a seat at the bar beside the ladies, “Good...good you should go over to him.”

“What?” A blush crept up on her cheeks, “I..I can’t do that.”

“Do it! Look at his muscles!”

“Yes, yes. Look! He’s looking at us!”

The two girls broke into more laughter as they egged their friend on, pushing her toward Jake. Amari leaned back on the bar, watching it unfold with a smug smirk on her features. “Jusht take that chance.”

“What was that?” One of the girls asked.

“I shaid I need a water.” Amari ‘repeated’.

GP

Name
    Jacob Narmolanya
    Race
    Human-Elf
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blond
    Eye Color
    Sea Green
    Build
    5'9" / 145 lbs.
    Job
    Demon Hunter

View Profile
    Jake wanted to follow Amari, but he felt glued to his seat. He watched, somewhat mortified, as the redhead approached the very lady who’d caught Jake’s eye and struck up a conversation. What is she doing? The half elf drummed his hands on the table nervously and then took a long gulp of ale. He watched Amari sit with the Scaran women, and then nearly spat out a mouthful of ale when the blonde who’d caught his attention stood up and moved toward him.

With a hasty gulp he downed the better half of his beverage, and stood up. He rose so suddenly that the blonde woman stopped short. She bit her lip and then giggled, covering her rosebud mouth with a dainty hand. Jake found himself falling into her sapphire eyes, but reminded himself sternly of what Amari had said. He needed to be assertive.

“Please sit down,” he said in a choked voice, and then cleared his throat. “I mean, please, sit down. He darted around the table and pulled out a chair for her. “Milady.”

The blonde hesitated, but then sat, smoothing out the long skirts of her blue dress. It was made of light wool, but seemed a shade finer than anything worn by anyone else in the tavern. Her elegant braid smelled like fresh lilacs. What sort of peasant bathed daily with scented soaps?

Evidently, the type Jake liked.

The half elf resumed his seat and sipped his ale. His impulse was to buy the blonde a drink, but he could see Amari over the Scaran woman’s shoulder, watching him.

Be assertive.

“I’m Jake,” he said, tugging at the silk scarf he wore ‘round his neck. “What’s your name?”

“Isabella,” she told him like it was a secret. “I am a seamstress’ daughter.”

That might explain the fine clothing.

Jake couldn’t help but notice Amari cosying up to the other two girls, her hand on one the black haired girl’s knee, and a finger under her chin, the two seemed close, incredibly so. The girl looked enamoured with her, every so often Amari would glance at Jake as if to say ‘I told you so’.

“What are you staring at?” Isabella asked, starting to turn toward the women at the bar.

“Nothing.” Jake slammed a hand down on the table and she turned back toward him. “I mean… you, of course. Did you know you have eyes like the moon?” He’d heard somewhere that women liked that.

“Yes, your friend mentioned that you thought so.” A blush rose to Isabella’s pale cheeks.

Damn it, that’s where I heard that. Right… assertive. Take what you want.

Amari was, to say the least, incredibly distracting. Another glance in her direction and she had her lips pressed to the raven haired girl, her friend didn’t seem bothered either, she sat behind Amari, casually playing with her crimson locks. He briefly wondered how she did it, and if she liked women over men, or just both.

“Do you know of a good inn nearby?” Jake asked, taking a casual sip of ale.

“Perhaps… why?”

“I should like to take you to bed.” The half elf said daringly. “We will lay together until morning light… or until one of us tires. Whichever comes first.”

Isabella’s blush deepened, and for a moment she bit her lip and seemed on the verge of agreeing, but then her spine straightened and her chin lifted and she appeared to look down on him, despite being somewhat shorter.

“That will never happen.” She said, and seized his tankard and tossed what remained of his ale in his face. Jake wiped his eyes as she stood and stormed back to the bar. After a moment her and her friends exited the tavern. Jake bitterly watched as one of her friends with raven hair turned and blew Amari a kiss.

Well that went bloody well.

GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    “What happened to you?” Amari asked as Jake sat down at the bar beside her, he reeked of ale and looked mighty pissed. He shot her a bitter look. Amari didn’t entertain him with further questions, she was far too drunk to care. She picked up her glass of water and took a sip. “Rejected I take it.”

“It was going well,” Jake said, “until I tried to get all assertive.”

“Don’t tell me you asked to fuck her shtaight up.”

“Well… not in so many words.”

Amari snorted, then broke into laughter. “You fuckin’ idiot.” She gave him a hearty slap on the back. “Yer hopelesh yer know that? Fuck me...there’sh a differensh in being asshertive an a shtraight up ashole.”

“It was my first try!” Jake said defensively.

“Yer jusht gon look like a shleeze now.” Amari said as she pushed herself up off the bar, wobbling a bit. “Next bar?” She asked. Amari wanted to explain that there was little to no use in staying in a place where he already failed, and he may as well try his luck at the next place, but her mind couldn’t string together such a complex series of words in her drunken state.

“Go!” Amari said as she pushed forward.

“If you say so,” Jake murmured, his pointed ears still tinged with red. The two left the bar, Amari needing to use Jake more than she cared to ever admit. She leaned against him for support, an arm around his waist and the other drunkenly pointing to another nearby bar, with its lights lit.

“What about that placesh?”

“Are you sure you want to go there?” Jake asked.

As he asked Amari saw someone enter the tavern, they slammed the door and the entire place seemed to shudder. Amari grinned, such places, seedy, dark, she was used to them. “Shure, without much warning Amari let go of Jake and stumbled toward the place. Inebriated, wanting to continue the high feeling of adreneline running through her, she burst through the door. Arms out wide.

“Hunniesh, I’m Home!” She beamed, proud of her introduction. The entire place fell quiet, beady eyes on her, their very faces telling both her and Jake that they were not welcome. Amari either didn’t notice, or didn’t care. She gallivanted straight on in, sat down at the nearest table, and picked a cube of meat off a plate and popped it into her mouth.

She was hungry after all.

Meanwhile….poor Jake..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast