Thread: Mikhail Timofeyovitch

Mikhail Timofeyovitch

Name: Mikhail Timofeyovitch
    Nickname/Alias: Bely Medved
    Race: Human
    Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 247lbs
    Personality: Mikhail is a fatalistic, phlegmatic, cynical brute of a man. Despite his relative youth, the privations of his early life have left him wary of authority figures of any sort.

History:

Mikhail does not talk much about his past, beyond the last year or so. Before he took up wandering the world, he lived the majority of his life in Salvar, serving the Church of the Ethereal Sway as an initiate into their priesthood. Unfortunately, his streak of stubborn individuality, and seemingly inherent distrust of all authority figures left him completely intractable. After nearly a year of training, he used the techniques he had been taught to cut down those he had been tasked with aiding, and flee the wrath of the church, leaving his intended target to make their own way in the world. Now a marked man, Mikhail travels the face of Althanas, wielding his powers in service of his own interests, and avoiding the vengeance of the church.

Appearance: Mikhail is a hulking man, his body is layered with rippling muscle underneath a layer of fat. The magic he learned from the church bleached all of the color from his hair and eyes, which combined with his size and temperament to earn him his nickname shortly after he abandoned the church.

Skills:

The Unforgiving Blade: Mikhail is well versed in the use of sword and shield, though his sword is composed purely of force.

Abilities:

Force Sword: Mikhail manifests a blade of pure force. It doesn't have any properties that would be out of place with ordinary steel, but it has the virtue of being always available. This ability has been honed over years of training such that it takes essentially no effort, and may be wielded almost as an extension of his own arm.

Minor Kinesis: Mikhail can move objects of up to ten pounds using the the powers taught to him by the church. He can't move them swiftly enough to cause serious injury, but he can grab things from about thirty feet away, and bring them to his hand, or move them around within the same radius. He can only manipulate one object at a time, or a single small volume of liquid within the same limits.

Lore of the Arcane: Mikhail has learned a great deal about both magic and mages from is time among the Ethereal Sway. He can recognize magic when it is used, and even detect the residual traces of magic within a few days of it use.

The White Bear: Mikhail is a large man, 25% stronger than average, and incredibly hearty. He endures hardship and toil more readily than an average man, and is approximately 25% more resilient than normal men.

Equipment/Weapons:

Mikhail wears a plain suit of iron scale armor, and carries a simple oak shield banded in iron. He also carries a travelers pack with basic necessities and camp supplies, such as a bedroll, small tent, and other minor essentials.
    Last edited by Mikhail Timofeyovich; 04-20-17 at 06:18 PM.

Maul-Slayer
    EXP: 172,649, Level: 18
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 16,351
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 16,351
    GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod (human)
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile
    Hi Mikhail, welcome to Althanas! I'll be helping you get your character approved. There's a few changes I'd like you to make to this profile before we proceed.

For organizational purposes, please move the skills Lore of the Arcane and The White Bear into abilities. Also please provide a bit more detail for The White Bear. I'm reading it as increased Strength and Endurance right now, but it's difficult to gauge how much so. You can use multipliers if you want (for example, x1.25 strength and x1.25 endurance), or you can find an artistic way of expressing it. Either way, I need some clarification there.

Lastly (for now), please provide more detail for Minor Kinesis. For example, how many objects can be manipulated simultaneously? I would recommend sticking with 1-3 objects for level 1.

Hope that's not overwhelming! Let me know if you have any questions.
    ... They fell to him as prey to bluefin
    for the Jya's warriors knew not how to swim...
    13-3-2

I wrote a book! ~ Most Suave Character 2010

Changes made.

Maul-Slayer
    GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod (human)
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile
    Great, thank you. Now for round two.

For the time being I'm counting your force sword as part of your inventory, but even so you have one too many abilities. You can choose to lock either Minor Kinesis or Lore of the Arcane until next level, or you can lock half of The White Bear (which currently counts as two abilities). Or, if you'd prefer to keep some form of all the abilities, you can reduce the enhancements in The White Bear to 25% each, and I'll make an exception.

Lastly, Mikhail has more equipment than we typically allow level 1 characters to start with. You have two options; either dial back the full suit of armor to two pieces of armor (such as a breastplate and a helmet), or keep the full suit but sacrifice your starting 200 GP. Hint: Sacrificing the GP is a better deal, but taking less armor and keeping your GP will allow you to buy something else at the bazaar should you want it.
    13-3-2

Edits made.

A suit of scale mail is basically just a scale shirt with vambraces, a helmet, and gauntlets.

Maul-Slayer
    GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod (human)
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile
    Approved; starting GP will be removed. Just be aware that this is a fairly powerful level 1 profile, so your level 2 update may need to be a modest one.
    13-3-2