Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A job offer...(Brotherhood Closed to Storm)

EXP: 2,640, Level: 2
    Level completed: 22%, EXP required for next level: 2,360
    Level completed: 22%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,360
    GP

Name
    Jethro Miller
    Race
    Humaniod
    Hair Color
    brown
    Eye Color
    green
    Build
    5'6

View Profile
    Jethro listened to the offer the wheels were obviously turning in his head as the electromancer spoke. He considered what Storm had said and already he had an idea of what was really going on. Finally he spoke, "I read a book once, now in this book there was a Baron and his two sons all three of them were cruel. Now the Baron wanted to rule a set of people with an iron fist so he sent his first son to rule in his stead for a time and ordered him to to 'squeeze' the people and to be cruel and violent. His second son would then be sent to 'rescue' these people and to be the proxy ruler for the Baron. Unfortunately for the Baron there was a rebellion and his first son was violently beheaded with out the use of a blade and his second son did not fare much better."

The Biomancer let the story sink in a moment before continuing "First I wont let my head be forcibly removed for the sake of your power. Second I have no qualms at all about being your hammer, but a mercenary is a dime a dozen. What you wish from me will cost more than money. I'm not sure what price what you want will be quite yet but for now lets say we have a tentative deal." Jethro was right, if all Storm wanted was a pack of raving mercenaries it would be a relatively cheap thing. But what he wanted was something more nuanced and much much more powerful.

What Storm was wanting was not just a hammer but one that could be use surgically. Someone who could quell rebellion via a violent and memorable display while his hands remained clean. In short someone who could work independently from Storm while furthering his goals. A mercenary captain couldn't be trusted to not attempt a coup or abandon the cause when things go sideways and they eventually will.

Wile they just met Jethro was just the sort where his interests were independent of the kind of power that the bortherhood was looking for. So in the interim Jethro was the perfect weapon not only that but he was relatively unknown to all who would would be looking for a group like the brotherhood and at the same time would become incredibly visible providing a nice distraction for the rest of the faction.

EXP: 128,600, Level: 15
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 6,400
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,400
    GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    More pepper than salt.
    Eye Color
    Grey or Blue
    Build
    6'1, 185 lbs
    Job
    Defiler.

View Profile
    Storm listened intently as the tandem moved, distancing them from the scene of the massacre. The philosophical nature of the freshly patched newcomer was startling; for his discretion he didn’t flinch at the obliteration of a handful of men. These men were obstacles, however had not been proven evil; the total lack of consideration to even adopt a shred of remorse was encouraging for the type of work that the wizard needed done.

Ability to compartmentalize… massive f*cking check. Looks like he doesn’t struggle much with vilifying folks and moving on with them moving on. Useful.

The casual nature that the smaller fellow waxed on from was also a bit unsettling. He had made a sound point, but certainly seemed to carry on a bit.

“I do need hammers, of course.” Storm smiled as he moved, his hand pushing into his diaphragm from high atop the back of mighty Attila. It was an old trick he had learned; it projected his voice better, and made him sound more articulate. Additionally, his bloodstained hands didn’t draw as much attention when they were kept within the frame of his body.

“I need hammers, but I have those. I need more. My thought is that you’ll make a better… hell… scalpel.”

Scalpel? Screw it, go with it.

“Dangerous, lethal, but capable of cutting with a precision and sharpness. At times serving functions more strategic; removing problems before they fester, cutting at infection without destroying the flesh.”

Riding on, a cool breeze brushed his face. The fresh, clean feeling of the nearby sea rubbed at him, reminding him that the ability of the electromancer to purify some sins with better organization not lost on him. This one could be a key; he could help establish order and serve as a liaison, trade associate, perhaps messenger, and of course battle companion. The notion made the veteran salivate; how many times had he sent a fool to run a man’s deed, only to be left with a fool’s result? Competence could be contagious within the Brotherhood, but it would only start with exemplary talent.

Thinking of those bizarre, devastating vine-arms and the speed this fellow worked spread that ivory smile wide upon Storm’s face. Competence had arrived.

“As for compensation; you’ll be paid handsomely, of course. I suspect a man of your talents has little trouble finding basic work. We’ll make you whole there. What may be more interesting, I’d presume, is advancement opportunity.”

The old wizard thought he caught a little spring in the step of Jethro at this mention.

“Ever lead a troop, soldier? Ever command people? Leading ain’t for everyone, but I’ve got a good feeling about you…”

EXP: 2,640, Level: 2
    Level completed: 22%, EXP required for next level: 2,360
    Level completed: 22%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,360
    GP

Name
    Jethro Miller
    Race
    Humaniod
    Hair Color
    brown
    Eye Color
    green
    Build
    5'6

View Profile
    Jethro shook his head "If you would like me to lead men, I would only lead no more than five. My...gifts and your purpose for me would necessitate such a small group. As for the present I am your body guard so allow me to get bloody. Keep your hands clean, that is one of the reasons why I am here is it not?"

Storm may have sat a fine horse but Jethro walked, so long as there was no need for the electromancer to gallop Jethro could keep up. It was an interesting observation that in spite of all their speed to get a body across a longer distance it took just as long to get from point A to point B just as fast on foot as on a horse. It was when one carried any sort of weight or the horse galloped that the horse won out.

After some time Jethro asked "Where and when do you want to get started?" the biomancer looked down the road. It seemed clear but just to make sure... From somewhere with in his duster a swarm of bone white insects about the size of the average thumb began spewing forth and skittering on the ground tossing up leaves and moving ahead of the pair.

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    Jethro receives 620 EXP and 80 GP!

Storm Veritas receives 1100 EXP and 70 GP!

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    All rewards added!

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12