Jethro listened to the offer the wheels were obviously turning in his head as the electromancer spoke. He considered what Storm had said and already he had an idea of what was really going on. Finally he spoke, "I read a book once, now in this book there was a Baron and his two sons all three of them were cruel. Now the Baron wanted to rule a set of people with an iron fist so he sent his first son to rule in his stead for a time and ordered him to to 'squeeze' the people and to be cruel and violent. His second son would then be sent to 'rescue' these people and to be the proxy ruler for the Baron. Unfortunately for the Baron there was a rebellion and his first son was violently beheaded with out the use of a blade and his second son did not fare much better."

The Biomancer let the story sink in a moment before continuing "First I wont let my head be forcibly removed for the sake of your power. Second I have no qualms at all about being your hammer, but a mercenary is a dime a dozen. What you wish from me will cost more than money. I'm not sure what price what you want will be quite yet but for now lets say we have a tentative deal." Jethro was right, if all Storm wanted was a pack of raving mercenaries it would be a relatively cheap thing. But what he wanted was something more nuanced and much much more powerful.

What Storm was wanting was not just a hammer but one that could be use surgically. Someone who could quell rebellion via a violent and memorable display while his hands remained clean. In short someone who could work independently from Storm while furthering his goals. A mercenary captain couldn't be trusted to not attempt a coup or abandon the cause when things go sideways and they eventually will.

Wile they just met Jethro was just the sort where his interests were independent of the kind of power that the bortherhood was looking for. So in the interim Jethro was the perfect weapon not only that but he was relatively unknown to all who would would be looking for a group like the brotherhood and at the same time would become incredibly visible providing a nice distraction for the rest of the faction.