Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

Pushing my luck

So, I figure people might be getting annoyed by my recruitment threads popping up by now, but I had this idea for a Power Group (Clans now, I guess) that I wanted to start just before I disappeared years ago. And the fact that I still want to try it years later tells me that either it’s a decent idea or I’m the type of person who can’t let go of the past. Might be the latter. Wouldn't be the first time. We'll see.

I’m also quite aware that people might be wary of joining any venture of someone who just returned after a long period of activity and who left a lot of things unfinished when he left. All I can offer is my apologies for not finishing those things (though most of those people are not around anymore, I guess) and assurance that unless something drastically changes, I’m here to stay for the long haul.

At any rate, I want to create a group of hunters whose sole purpose would be bringing monsters down. To use MMO terminology, it would be a strictly PvE group, but one that might end up offering their services to other members as well. The way I see it, on Althanas there are always people on the lookout for a specific material or item, and it can be hard to find people with the right skill set to help you get it. This group could end up offering that assistance, for a modest price.

But first, we would need to establish the group with active membership before we get into offering services to anyone. I would initially just a handful of people and do a recruitment thread with them. Once those are done, all four of us will do the first official Clan thread, which would revolve around getting ourselves a real base of operations: an airship.

The ranks within the membership will be based on the number of hunts they end up doing for the group. And each rank will most likely give you access to something within the group. Do check the info below. Also, moderate activity is required. You don’t have to be able to post very often, but around once a week. It's not a terribly strict goal, but one to aim for.

What follows is a summary of what the group will be about. The name is a bit shit, but I couldn’t come up with a better one off the top of my head.

------

Menel Govannen – The Fellowship of the Sky

Mission Statement

Menel Govannen are a group of gifted individuals who took upon themselves the task of ridding the face of Althanas of all things abominable and monstrous. We are not goons for hire or assassins, and we don't hunt for sport. We render the hunting services to the public of Althanas for a price, we get to choose which hunts we do, and we get to name the price. We also generally don’t involve ourselves with affairs of the governments and various wars between factions. As such, we are not interested in conflict with other Clans, unless directly provoked. However, that doesn’t mean we can’t hunt the long pig given the right circumstances. After all, sometimes a man is a wolf to man.

Membership

There is no restriction when it comes to joining other Clans while being a member of the Menel Govannen, as I have no intention to get into the Clan War business. However, in the unlikely event that such a thing happens, any member is free to choose which Clan they will be fighting for. But should they choose a Clan that directly opposes us, their membership will be terminated.

Menel Govannen Ranks

Recruit Hunter – a member who has completed at least one hunt. Trainee hunters gain access to the Armory. Recruitment threads are counted as hunt threads, should they end up being hunts (and they probably always will in one way or another).

Adept Hunter – Adept rank is obtained once a member completes a total of three hunts, one of which he or she organizes. Adept hunters have access to the Lab.

Professional Hunter – Professional rank is obtained once a member completes a total of five hunts, one of which he or she organizes and one of which is a major hunt. Professional hunters get a pegasus permanently bound to their character. (I'll see how exactly we'll go about this, depending on the spoils we end up receiving from the pegasus gathering thread/treasury income/other factors. Worst case scenario, I'll look into buying some from the Bazaar if possible, but I reckon it won't come to that).

Master of the Hunt – rank reserved for the leader of the Menel Govannen. Letho Ravenheart is the current Master of the Hunt.

Major Hunts

Every three months or thereabouts (depending on activity and posting speed), the Master of the Hunt is required to organize a Major Hunt. Major Hunts will usually be targeting large, massively powerful monsters that will require a lot of work to bring down. Every member of the group is encouraged to join the Major Hunts, though it is not obligatory to do so. Some of the Major Hunts might be Boss Battles, but we’ll see how it goes.

Minor Hunts

Minor Hunts are threads that members do with either some other members of the Clan or members outside the Clan that recruited them. I’ll put up some Hunts once we get a base of operations, but you are free to come up with your own. Keep in mind that any thread labeled as an official Hunt would allow Clan members access to the Armory and the Lab (if they have sufficient rank). More on those two below.

Hunt Spoils:

25% of the gold earned during the official hunts goes into the Menel Govannen treasury (well, should there be a concept of Clan treasury in the Clan Rules, if not I'll have it added to my account and keep a transparent track of it in an official clan thread of some sort). Also, it is required of every member that completes a hunt to acquire a certain component from the monster he or she slain if it’s possible to do so. So if a member slays a werewolf, for example, he or she should request a part of the werewolf as a spoil that would go into the Lab’s inventory (preferred components are blood, bones, marrow, fangs, brains, scales, but anything you think could work in an alchemical concoction is acceptable).

Features that will become available once we set up our base of operations:

The Armory

The Armory is a joint inventory of the Menel Govannen. Every member of the group can choose to place some of their items in the Armory, thus allowing their companions to use them. These items can only be used on official hunts. You don’t lose possession of your items if they are in the Armory. You only allow others to use them if they need them. Placing items in the Armory is not compulsory. If you don’t like people touching your stuff, it’s your prerogative.

The Lab

The Lab is where alchemists of the Menel Govannen concoct potions, salves and even poisons that hunters can use in the hunts. These concoctions are usually extremely potent and potentially dangerous to the user, mostly due to the fact that they are made from the remnants of the monsters the hunters slay (blood, bone, hair, skin, saliva, fangs, claws, or just about any other piece). Any member is free to use any combination they like. Just keep in mind that the ingredients are finite and we need to keep track of how many of what is left.

------

That about does it. From what I could gather from reading around the forums, apparently Clans are not currently active and the staff is planning to roll out the rules and stuff in the future. But this doesn't necessarily prevent starting this thing, so if anyone's interested or has any questions, do let me know. Also, ideas. Ideas are also welcome. I'm not against changing some things around when it comes to this if someone has something in mind.
    Last edited by Letho; 05-16-17 at 04:47 PM.
    "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

William Butler Yeats - The Second Coming

EXP: 8,595, Level: 3
    Level completed: 90%, EXP required for next level: 405
    Level completed: 90%,
    EXP required for next level: 405
    GP

Name
    Ozoric Newalla
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    5'11/145llbs
    Job
    Dragoon

Hello you old salty dog!

Duffy missed you

I think Ozoric is right up the Airwing Captain's street.

Non Timebo Mala
    EXP: 126,303, Level: 15
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 8,697
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,697
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

Hey, it's the Duffman. I wasn't sure you were still around. Good to see that you still are, man.

This Ozoric dude looks perfect for the job. I'll send you some ideas by PM and get a thread up soon.

EXP: 128,600, Level: 15
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 6,400
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,400
    GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    More pepper than salt.
    Eye Color
    Grey or Blue
    Build
    6'1, 185 lbs
    Job
    Defiler.

View Profile
    On a purely PVE basis, I'd be interested. I'm really tied up right now (as is obvious based on my slow replies), but expect things to break free shortly.

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    If you'll have me, i'd be interested.

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Non Timebo Mala
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

That's great, you two. I'm doing a bit of revising, since I don't think we'll really need some of the things I listed (just some changes to the hierarchy basically, the rest will remain pretty much the same). Expect a PM from me tomorrow at the latest with additional information. If you're still interested then, we can do a recruitment thread before we move on to some juicy stuff.

And don't worry about activity. I don't mean to move this thing at a breakneck speed. That way lies burnout. A post every week or so is fine. Also, if you're busy right now, we can start at a later date. It's all good.
    Last edited by Letho; 05-15-17 at 02:21 PM.

Non Timebo Mala
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

Alrighty, I did some changes to the info. It's nothing drastic really. Changed the name primarily. Not sure if it's more or less crap, but it is what it is now, I guess.

Also, did away with three groups within group stuff, and instead added a hierarchy based on the number of hunts done, which in turn opens up the Armory, the Lab and your own personal winged horse. The way I see it, it's a group with a simple goal, so the hierarchy should be simple as well. And all of this is really just a good excuse for getting some people together and having some fun taking down some heavy hitters.

If anyone has any additional questions or suggestions, let me know. I'm not against changing some stuff around if somebody has a good idea.

Storm and Shin, if you're still interested, we can do a recruitment thread. Seeing as Storm and Shin obviously know each other from before, we can probably do a single thread with both of you, the way I'm doing with Ozoric and Josette. Let me know if that works for you.

Ozoric and Josette, the thread is up.

Deliver Us
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job

View Profile
    I'm good for that!

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Starslayer and the Mad King
    EXP: 48,726, Level: 9
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,274
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,274
    GP

Name
    Skie dan Sabriel/ Avery Nito
    Race
    Moontae
    Hair Color
    Black/Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue/Green
    Build
    tall and slender

View Profile
    I'm interested, with Skie
    Sometimes love looks like torture

List of my alts

Deliver Us
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Replied to your PM, Le-bro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast