Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Emerald, yellow ring around iris
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    Fucker….” Amari hissed. She didn’t need to be talked through it, she guessed it was all in her head, she used similar magic. Although hers thrust him into the viewpoint of her memories, his just seemed to inflict pain.

“What the fuck was all that about?” She snapped between heaving breaths, sweat dripping down her forehead. “What the FUCK?” Amari spat again, more fire in her voice. “You fuckin’ goad me into attacking you? You pull that shit and you ram your tongue down my throat? What the fuck?”

“That was me dealing with the shit you put in my head, you got no one to blame but yourself,” He replied pointing at her before he tossed his coat over her.

“You started it with what you put in my head.” Amari grumbled, shifting to press her head to the floor. She was exhausted and her skin still prickled with the residual effect of his hex ability. “Ugh..” She welcomed the cold of the stone. Amari wasn’t sure how much time had passed, nor how long it was till morning. Seth was getting on her nerves, he kept pushing her buttons and it was infuriating. “Wasn’t my intention to get you off.”

“I could say the same thing!”

Amari laughed, “I suppose I did get some reactions outta you, just because I was being burned alive, don’t think I didn’t notice.” She slowly lifted her head, then using the wall as leverage, pushed herself back to her feet. “Do you have any semblance of time in here?”

“Day and night get fuzzy round here,” He replied truthfully as the burns began to fade and disappear from his skin. He looked up at the ceiling before he moved back to the walls, “Hear boots, probably your pet succubus back from sucking a soul through a dick.”

“Shit.” Amari hissed. She knew what would come if she didn’t return injured. “Shit. Shit. Shit.” She glanced up at Seth, “This waste of time is your fault.” She shifted her hand to her arm, and it lit up in the same crackling red energy from before, the light tore through her skin and her arm twisted violently, snapping the bone in her forearm. Amari cried out, but caught herself. She shifted her good hand to her chest, splaying out the palm, her skin eroded away into angry red welts and purple bruising.

“You know, I could have just broken your jaw. He'd have said something about finally getting some quiet and probably accepted I did what he wanted to do…” Seth offered. His gaze showed a bit of sympathy, even as he moved away from her and the door opened. He seemed to take on a whole new persona as he stiffened, readying for battle. He glared balefully at Avencia before he put on a show, “Tell Ulroke next time, I won't be so gentle.”

Avencia’s nose flared and she narrowed her eyes at Seth, then down at his still semi erect dick. “I smell the lingering scent of lust in the air.” She glanced down at Amari, then kneeled down to her to help her over her shoulder. “And I smell your skin on hers. If I find you’ve done anything to Mistress-”

“Advencia, Enough.” Amari breathed, surprisingly still conscious, although the amount of blood that steadily poured from her wounds would soon put an end to that.

“You want a ticket back to the abyss? Keep pushing succubus. Don't you have a dick somewhere to suck like a straw?” Seth replied.

“Jealous?” She hissed back, her tail flicking side to side. Unlike Amari, Advencia was incredibly adept at avoiding attacks, and was deadly skilled with not only her fists, but with a blade. “You want to fight? I’ll….” Advenia’s bright blue eyes widened as she turned to Amari, giving the redhead a small shake. “Mistress?” Amari’s head lolled side to side. The succubus frowned, the anger dissipating. “Couldn’t she have been the one person you just left alone?” She muttered quietly. “Just her.” Advencia shook her head as she turned to leave the cell.

“I am a demon, you tell me? Ulroke is the one at fault, after all this is what he wanted, isn't it? Don't blame a demon for acting in its nature…” He shot back.

Advencia paused, her back to Seth. “I expect this from Master Ulroke, not always from you.” And with those final words Advencia swung the heavy iron door shut behind her, such a feat showing how strong the lithe demonness was. There was a series of clicks as all the locks slid into place, and once again, Seth was left alone in darkened silence.
    (23:17:08) BlackAndBlueEyes: Everything's coming up Lyehouse

EXP: 149,213, Level: 16
    Level completed: 84%, EXP required for next level: 2,787
    Level completed: 84%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,787
    GP

Name
    Seth Dahlios
    Race
    Lavinian
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    5'7" 160
    Job
    Thief/Hex Mage

View Profile
    Silence.

He closed his eyes as he roughly grabbed his coat and draped it across his shoulders. The lie was easy enough to sell, Avencia was sold a story of a man who would brutalize all in his grasp. When Scarlet hurt herself to avoid punishment, Seth added in the unrepentant sinner garbage he knew the succubus would be familiar with. Her ignorance of Seth sold the rest of it.

It galled him he lied to protect the girl, and that's what she was. She had some dirt on her boots, but she didn't know enough to realize she was in trouble. Lichensith Ulroke was a man notorious for his schemes, even when Seth was constantly running into him. This smelled of a larger scheme, and Scarlet had hinted he wanted Salvar.

Truth be told, he was honest when he explained the Church. They were the largest threat to anyone trying to rule the icy wastes of Salvar. It was information he knew Lye lacked, and information he'd act on. It was also another piece she could use to justify seeing Seth again. That, was the true reason she hurt herself.

It wasn't loyalty to Lye’s orders. Coming out unscathed would have made this a non-punishment. At that point the Crimson Assassin would have chosen a different means of punishing his pet soul mage. Seth wasn't sure why the vested interest in the girl, but perhaps with another round of questions he’d get to the bottom of it.

He curled up in a corner, feeling the adrenaline of preparing to fight Avencia wear off and with it fatigue gripped him. How often he'd see the girl, he didn't know, but he knew one thing fasting wasn't his idea of a good time. He had maybe a month at this rate before he would waste away.

The Demon grabbed sleep, fitful as it was. He still wasn't sure if going for Lye would be the right play yet or not. Either way, preparing to leave meant he'd have to prepare to fight Ulroke. The Crimson Assassin wasn't stupid, he'd probably feed Seth just enough to keep him going and hope his body would atrophy to the point he’d be a true captive. That much he grasped, and yet Ulroke didn't leave him to starve. That meant he wanted Seth ready for something…

The succubus was another issue in and of itself. She was a true demon, but maintained some strength, above that of others like her. She didn't rely merely on seduction and soul devouring, she could fight. Her demeanor changed and for a brief moment he saw that much. Unlike Scarlet’s posturing Avencia had been a predator. The two circled each other looking for weakness. That was information he'd need, especially when he left.

Seth slept, and the Demon dreamed, always the same. Always the passed out girl with white hair, being held by the Dark Mother’s ghouls. Always being forced to disarm, before his jaw was shattered by Cassandra. Always the feeling he had failed her, when she needed him most.

The room warmed as the wrath engine ticked to life, and the Mana began to build…
    "White needles buried in the red
    The engine roars and then it gives
    But never dies
    'Cause we don't live
    We just survive
    On the scraps that you throw away"

-Re-education (Through Labor), Rise Against

EXP: 38,655, Level: 8
    Level completed: 41%, EXP required for next level: 5,345
    Level completed: 41%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,345
    GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile

A few weeks had passed since her last encounter with Seth, and Amari wasn’t exactly looking forward to seeing him again. She’d be satisfied if she never saw him again, he was rude and he was a hypocrite. So why is it that she found herself staring at the door to his cell?

A promise, one that would ensure her Masters protection.

“Goddammit…” Amari said with a sigh as she ran her hand through her hair and adjusted the emerald shawl she wore over the same dress she had worn in their previous encounter.

Amari practically kicked down the door with a leather booted foot, “Right!” She commanded. “Listen up old man, I ain’t got a lotta time, but I got some shit you want, and you got some shit I want. I can’t be fucked dealing with the same pain manifesto as last time.” The door swung shut behind her and the reverberated within the small cell. It was clear that Amari had been through quite a lot the past few weeks, the thick cracks that adorned her skin were thicker, and she held herself with a more confident air. She had more clarity, sense of worth, and was not ready to be pushed around or manipulated by the man.

The Lavinian Demon didn't even flinch as she came into his cell. The chains were wrapped about his wrists and he didn't even pretend to be a chained beast anymore. He let a soft grin light up his face as he said, “We going for a walk? I promise to behave if you let me off the leash for a bit…”

Amari’s eyes narrowed. “No can do, we’re not leaving this room, I assume you can already do this, but-” Amari paused as she broached the gap between them. As usual, unafraid in the very real face of danger. She took his hand and wriggled her finger in the gap between his skin and the metal of his shackle. Amari was more precise, more practised with her soul magic. She was able to concentrate it on certain areas, leaving Seths skin unmarred. The metal hissed and groaned as it melted away from her finger before dropping to the floor. Amari repeated the process with the second one. “That’s all I can offer you.”

Seth rubbed his wrists as he looked up at her and nodded, “I suppose this will have to do. Nice work by the way, you're learning quickly…” His tone held a bit of genuine thanks in it as he looked up at her, “So you're here for a reason, let's get to brass tacks.”

Amari nodded, unclipping the shawl, she let it drop to the floor before sitting on it, well within arms reach of the man. It didn’t bother her, anything he could do to her, he’d do regardless of the distance and Amari was confident she’d bounce back from it. “It’s amazing what one can do when not being goaded into fits of rage, isn’t it?” Amari chided. “Same as last time, 3 questions and 3 follow up questions. Then, I want to discuss another matter.”

He scratched his hair as he nodded sagely, “I see. Well I suppose you can go first again, unless you want time to figure out what you're going to ask. I suspect the new business is the true reason you're here, you just want the questions to justify it to Ulroke.”

Amari gave a wry smile, “You know he keeps his subordinates on a tight leash. I believe it is your turn to go first, oh Demon of Lavinya.”

GP

Name
    Seth Dahlios
    Race
    Lavinian
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    5'7" 160
    Job
    Thief/Hex Mage

View Profile
    His eyes looked at her before he spoke candidly, “Your name isn't Scarlet. I know that much, who are you really? Not this ‘I'm Scarlet bullshit.’”

The woman grinned, and Seth knew she was going to keep her answers short and concise. “My name was Amari L’Olfsden.”

Seth carefully sussed out her name before he spoke, “Noble family. Salvarian, I almost broke into their library to steal some books during my year long rampage. Decided against it, figured they didn't have anything I hadn't already read…” He mused before he nodded, “That’s your game...alright. I forfeit my three follow ups Amari.”

“Shame.” Amari mused, “There was a book there that may have interested you, but I digress. You probably were right. Fine, next question.”

“I was looking for books from Mordechai, I doubt your family even knew who that was. I digress, next question,” he replied and looked at her, “You a masochist?”

She furrowed her brows, confused by the sudden subject of the question. “Hmm. I did willingly come back here.” She joked, “I suppose I am, yes. Your follow ups?”

“Lye abuses that fact, doesn't he?” Seth asked calmly. The Demon did find some humor at the joke, but he needed to know how much Ulroke had abused the girl.

“Master does punish me for insubordination, but we don’t exactly jump in the sack each time…” She trailed off and adjusted herself, trying to get comfortable, a futile effort. “He abuses, to put it simply, if anything I think the fact I retain some enjoyment from it bothers him at times. Two more.”

“Is that what you want? To be used and abused till you can't help him anymore? I'm not judging, well I'm lying I'm judging. I'm just trying to gauge who you are Amari L’Olfsden,” he hid his eyes behind his hair.

“I’d prefer if you went by Scarlet, but I see that is an effort in futility…” She muttered, absently playing with her long crimson hair. “That’s a bit of a wasted question. Who in their right mind would want that? No, I don’t, I still want to, and will help him, but I’m not to be tossed aside or disposed of. Last question.”

He looked at her deadpanned as he seemed to be studying her silently. He's tilted to the side as if he was deciding something even as the wheels in his head continued to turn. Finally he spoke, “That's good to hear. I was worried for a second you'd just let him use you up for selfish pride of duty. Thank you for proving me wrong.”

He let the words hang in the air before he finally breached the final topic, “Where is my gear?”

“Don’t know, I guess in underground storage as a spoil of war.”

“Did he try to grip Ebony and Ivory?”

Amari gave him a confused look. “I’m….not sure. I don’t exactly ask him about those sort of things. If doing so caused something detrimental to him, he’d probably try to study it, or have it destroyed though.”

His eyes went dead before he shook his head. He bristled, “If he damaged those blades I will rip his spine out his asshole and beat him to death with it…” He wrestled with the concept before he clenched his fist and said, “That means they're with him for now. Good to know.”

Amari’s eyes narrowed and her amused grin fell as he told her of what he would do. He knew she had some sort of loyalty to the man, and did not like to hear such things, but it was truth. He didn't like when people fucked with his things.

“I suppose I will ensure they aren’t damaged. Final follow up?”

“I would say that asking you where his bed chambers are is off the table. You are his loyal servant after all,” He offered. He sighed before he looked at her, “Would he have separated the equipment or kept it together? I know, I'm short a couple of questions. It doesn't thrill me either.”

“You’d have to tear my own spine out before I divulged that information. You’re asking me things I am not certain on, Master can be lazy, he’s probably-” She paused, “I see…” She shook her head, “he’s probably tossed it all carelessly onto the one pile somewhere. If you’re planning your escape, you may not be able to get everything.”

“I have time for specifics. Even if I can't get them through you, though it's in your best interest to help me with those, because that means less time rampaging through here, less chance Lye gets pulled into the fray,” He replied candidly. He then gestured to her, “That's my three, your turn.”
    But never dies
    'Cause we don't live
    We just survive

GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    “It is also in my best interest to not give you the entire layout of the Sanctum’s grounds, even if it were to protect my Master.” Amari was cautious, Seth was fishing more and more for very sensitive information. She wasn’t too fond of it, but, she had similar questions herself.

“What was your involvement with the Ixian Knights?” Amari asked, her emerald and golden eyes watching him carefully.

“Simple deal, Sei protects my daughter, I put the blood on my hands he's too chicken shit to do himself,” He replied before he grumbled, “In hindsight I should have known better. Damn immortal put me at ease...made me think it could work.”

Amari frowned, rubbing her chin. She didn’t recall seeing anyone or hearing of anyone named Sei when she found Samantha. She knew Lye was looking for Sei, and Lye held a lot of contempt for the man. Amari wasn’t sure if Seth was genuinely being thoughtful or if it were a ruse to make her waste her followup questions. “Do you know of his whereabouts now?” Amari asked, she had a feeling Seth may just assume the man was with his daughter, but the red headed assassin knew it to not be true, or that Sei was concealing himself.

“No, he ran after Eiskalt. Footed Taka the bill and disappeared with the rest of his damnable family. Taka couldn't hold them together, too green so they disbanded last I heard,” he replied, “I don't care if I see him again, probably put a gauntlet through his face”

You wouldn’t be the first. Amari thought to herself as she hid an amused grin behind her splayed hand. She had two more follow-up questions. Sei was a dead end, and it seemed that Seth knew little of the current position the disbanded Knights were in.

You know….” Amari mused as she shifted again, spreading her shawl out as best she could before rolling onto her stomach. “I paid a visit to the Castle of Ixia, I was told of a few things, hidden away from many more - I assume you’re not going to take kindly to this, but… are there any secrets you think I’d find interesting hidden away in its depths?”

“I'll be generous and count this as a follow up as this has nothing to do with me being a knight,” he replied looking at her pointedly, “I worked for Sei’s assassin corp in the tunnels under the keep. You can reach Radasanth through them and get to many places. Some that haven't seen people in ages. I'm sure an assassin would find that interesting.”

Amari bit her lip, she was going to ask him about the demon in Taka’s soul, but she chanced that he wouldn’t count that as a follow up question. She made a mental note to ask more about the tunnels another time. “If the Ixian Knights were to band together again, would you join them?” Her final question had no ulterior motive, it was simply her own curiosity.

“Depends, do I have my daughter back, and were they the cause? No? They can go fuck themselves,” he said honestly.

“I’ll be sure to tell them that next time I see one of them.” Amari said with a small grin. She had to appreciate that they were just talking now, and that there was no anger between them. As uneventful as it was, it was also useful. “So, you’re planning on escaping soon it seems, when do you plan on doing it?” Amari didn’t need to think about the next question, it was obvious Seth was making a move.

“Soon as I decide if torturing Lye and leaving him for you to fix tells me where Samantha is,” he looked at her, “I'm not kidding about what I will do for her.”

“It won’t.” Amari said flatly. “Don’t go stooping back to his level, Seth. I think I will save my follow-up questions, and my final question for the time being. Amari pushed herself up off the ground. It was time to show him the real reason she had come back.

Amari reached out to press her thumbs against his head, his grey eyes looking up at hers before he spoke, “I'm already down here Amari.”

“Don’t make me regret this.” She chastised, as she pressed her fingers to his temples; and Seth was thrown into her memories. Reliving them as though he was watching through her eyes, feeling the same things she felt, seeing the same things she saw, it was a dangerously real play to him.

Amari did not show him torturers flaying her alive, she did not show herself being hung upside down and drowned, she didn’t show beating after beating.

Before his eyes, lit by a crackling fire, was his daughter, laughing at something Amari had said.

GP

Name
    Seth Dahlios
    Race
    Lavinian
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    5'7" 160
    Job
    Thief/Hex Mage

View Profile
    His breath hitched in his throat as she showed him Samantha. Not the guarded woman he had tried to help, but Samantha. This was a side of her he never saw, she had always seemed so withdrawn. Now, he saw her and tears gently fell from his eyes as he managed, “Sam…”

The memory continued, and he spoke, but he spoke with Amari’s voice; and had no control over what he was saying. “I’m being serious, fuckin’ pans and pots out of thin air, and he got all high and mighty about it too...I mean, if I had powers like that I’d-”

Sam interrupted, “God, sounds like my dad. All that power, fuck all he does with it…”

“Well, his soul is pretty messed up. I should know, I touched it. Suppose he ran out of oomph. I ain’t wise to hex magic users, dunno if that’s what happens to them all. What would you do with it?” Seth had to watch as Amari moved her eyes away from Sam, to the fire before them. Seth wanted to see her again, but he was forced to act out as Amari in the memory.

“Wouldn't know. Only active Hex Magi I know about are him and his cousin Beatrix. Lady Freebird didn't know much on the topic, she just opened up my ability to use it.”

Seth felt the tangled mess of hair fall over his bare shoulders, and the warmth of another body. He watched as Amari turned to see Sam resting her head on Amari’s shoulder. The sensation was the closest he’d ever been to his daughter, and it wasn’t even his memory. “I’m sick of people telling me not to use it. No one understands. You seem to though.”

And with that, the memory faded away as Amari pulled her hands away from his temples, deftly wiping his tears with her thumbs. “That’s two reactions I’ve gotten from you.” she said quietly.

“You cheated….you gave me what I needed, but never asked…” he replied, putting a tough front up, even as he pulled himself back together. He looked up at her and spoke, “You did this for Lye, didn't you?”

“He sent me to her, yes.” Amari pursed her lips. “I don’t think he counted on us becoming friends though. He said I have no time for such frivolous things, but fuck him. I like her. I showed you, for you, however. I could have just given you a location, but I wanted to keep my end of the deal we made.”

“I want the location, but I'll take the memory for now. Thank you, it's reassuring to know she has someone who isn't trying to twist her to some sick end….” he looked up at her, “I owe you…” She shrugged in response.

“Don’t get too sentimental, your whole ‘demon’ facade will slip. Just keep up your end of the deal. Don’t kill Ulroke, and if I may chance, do your best not to maim him too much. He’s suffered enough. Let me deal with his shortcomings.”

“I….” he actually stopped himself and thought through his words, his tone dropping, “I will leave him to you. He hunts me though, so know I will make him regret it. Did you tell her the Crimson Hand have me?”

“She knows I am Lye’s right hand, and knows I spoke to you in a cell, so I assume so. Although I didn’t outrightly say it.”

“It's up to Sam then, if she acts on it I'm up shit creek. That's going to limit what time we have left Amari, I'm sad to say. Though I don't think I'm ready to take Lye head on, he's got me on the no food diet….”

Amari sighed again, muttering under her breath. “The shit I do…” she stood and reached under her dress, and pulled out two small bread rolls. He raised an eyebrow before it wiggled teasingly.

“Shut it, I have a pouch attached to my thigh. If you don’t want them I’ll just throw them to the pigs.”

“I'll eat them, just wasn't expecting to eat betwixt your thighs….” he replied, letting the joke slip out nonchalantly.

“Considering our last encounter, you coulda fooled me.” She said as she tossed the rolls toward him. He deftly snatched them them out of the air before he took a hearty bite out of one.

“I said I wouldn't fuck you, not that I didn't want to,” he replied genuinely as he continued to eat the roll. He raised an eyebrow as he said, “Damn good bread, didn't know Lye hired a cook….”

“I made it this morning. Ground the flour yesterday and added my own blend of ground spices to the mix. Now, if you don’t mind….back to the questions?”

He nodded, “Suppose I owe some answers.”
    But never dies
    'Cause we don't live
    We just survive

GP

Name
    Amari Ciel L'Olfsden
    Race
    Ar'Tuel Soul; Human Body
    Hair Color
    Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile
    “Last follow up question, knowing what you know now; are you planning an escape any time soon?” She didn’t hesitate to get straight back into it, she gave him his reprieve, she gave him glimpses of his daughter. Things that meant more to him than she would ever know.

“Sooner than I anticipated. I don't know if she's with the Dark Mother, but if she's moving freely abound where she is and not chained to Aerith's wheelchair then I can't assume I'm safe here.”

“Chained?” Amari asked, a little surprised. “No, but there was someone in a wheelchair there, and she wasn’t exactly allowed to leave the compound, honestly. I’m surprised they let me stay.” Amari shrugged, speaking her thoughts out loud. “Perhaps because I was sent on behalf of the Hand, maybe because I didn’t go on some tirade about what she should and shouldn’t be doing. If she were chained I’d not be happy about it….” Amari muttered, not exactly liking this new information he had given her. “In short...I don’t think she’d leave where she is right now…” Amari tapped her chin. She had more thoughts on the matter. She glanced up at Seth, only now noticing his hair.

“You hair has gotten whiter, why is that?” After all her careful planning, she foolishly wasted her last question on a whim of curiosity.

“Mana Burn, I'm a shit version of you.”

“Dammit, we need to figure out a clause where we stop screwing each other over with these answers…” Amari muttered. Seth mirthlessly laughed. “Fine. Follow up question. What does mana burn do to your body?”

“Let me explain it like this, you are a fine tuned machine that lets through water at efficient and highly capable pressure. I'm a bad copy of you. I'm the guy that understood the principle just enough to cobble together one that works. It can even match you, but working at that capacity burns the engine out….” he explained.

“Hence the madness, and tattered souls. Etc etc….” Amari muttered, realising she had wasted her final question. “I don’t have a follow up.” She stood and picked up her shawl, shaking out the dust and crumbs from it, then clipping it back around her shoulders.

“Actually that's Hex Magic in general. The ramifications are a bit worse for mana burn, my body's burning out Amari….”

“I’ll keep that in mind. Before I go, I want to ask, and by all means do not feel obliged to answer. Have you ever hugged her?”

“Not since the Night of Debauchery. She had shown up that day and I hugged her as a welcome, I don't think she knew what to do with it honestly,” He said softly.

“Is that so? Here.”

Once again, Amari pressed her fingers to Seths temples, bringing forth another memory.

Samantha gripped me tighter, she was only a foot shorter than I was, her arms looped up and underneath mine, and I could smell the faint scent of lilac lifting from her snowy hair as it tickled my nose. “Scarlet, stay one more night. I feel better...things are less annoying, people don't bother me as much. You take the edge off dealing with this shit hole.”

I wrinkled my brow, scoffing to hide the confusion I felt. “What?” I placed my hands on her head and ruffled her hair as though I was trying to dig into her scalp. “What the fuck’s wrong with you? You mad?”

I felt her hand shift and the cool touch of metal against my skin, I grabbed her arm and roughly pulled it away from me, ignoring the gash on my shoulder, and the blood that dripped from her blade to the floor, my hand shifted to the blade and she allowed me to pry it from her fingers before I dropped it to the floor. There was another sting as my wound healed, alighting in gold. “Next time, dig a little deeper don’t waste your energy.” I wrapped an arm around her shoulder bringing her back in. “And next time I’ll strike back.”

Samantha gave me a grin, “That’s why.I like you Scarlet. You get me. You don't take my crap. Please, spend the night with me?”

“Suppose so.”

“Will you consider the offer to join us?”

The memory faded before Seth could see the answer that Amari had given, and it quickly warped into another; Seth was on his knees, tears stinging his eyes. Amari contemplated continuing, but figured one last one won’t hurt, and to leave him on a positive note.

I watched as her eyes fluttered underneath closed lids, she was curled up under the blankets, which she had taken the most of. Nightmares plagued her sleep. I reached out and allowed a reassuring hand to graze her cheek. She settled, and her murmurs quelled. I came here expecting to garner information for Lye, to establish relationships with the two clans, instead I found this batshit insane girl, who I just so happened to identify with, and understand.

It made me feel oddly warm and comforted…

Amari quickly pulled away. “I need to go.” She wasn’t supposed to show him that much, and wanted to leave before he could question her further. Without another word Amari headed toward the door, knocked thrice, and it opened. Amari gave Advencia a small nod before the door shut, leaving Seth to mull over the visions in solitude.
    Last edited by Mari; 06-16-17 at 11:10 PM.

GP

Name
    Seth Dahlios
    Race
    Lavinian
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    5'7" 160
    Job
    Thief/Hex Mage

View Profile
    Sam was okay. He clung to that thought as it took the terror of his nightmares off. He knew she was more free, but she was obviously under Cassandra's influence. Enough to betray him was the question, though if it meant she lived, it was worthwhile.

He understood his father's dying words after all these years.

It shook him to think of that night, all those years ago. The night he killed his parents, paying a price no sane man would. They had taken it in stride, had accepted their Fate with startling calm. It had shaken him out of his sin lust. He never could understand his mother hugging him as he stabbed her in the heart, nor his father telling him he was sorry and proud of him.

He finally did now.

Samantha could never shirk her heritage. Not without being released from it entirely. She was lost, confused, and without anyone. Cassandra was using that to encourage her to be a monster, to throw society aside and indulge. Seth couldn't protect her, and so he would have to make sure she was the best monster she could be. Even if it killed him he could fight back and draw attention to himself, give her time to better herself.

If she killed him, she was ready.

He burned the memories in his mind, her smile. The attack, Amari had been right of course, and the look of determination on her face as she carried it out. He burned those memories into his mind, trying to make them his own. It was like gripping sand, but he was determined, he refused to back down.

He rested less fitfully, the dreams less intense as he prepared his exit. He wasn't ready for his next few rounds with the cult. He couldn't let them win, yet. Not until he was sure Samantha was ready, not until she could defend herself.
    But never dies
    'Cause we don't live
    We just survive

Make It So
    EXP: 23,137, Level: 6
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 3,863
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,863
    GP

Name
    Rayleigh Aston
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brunette
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'3 / 115
    Job
    Mechanic

View Profile
    Thread: Dying Breed
    Participants: Mari & Dissinger
    Type: No Judgment

Congratulations!

Mari receives 1,160 EXP and 110 GP (due to Mari's 10% more GP ability).
    Dissinger receives 1,750 EXP and 100 GP.
    Althy's Judging Admin
    To try or not to try. To take a risk or play it safe.
    Your arguments have reminded me how precious the right to choose is.
    And because I've never been one to play it safe, I choose to try.

Make It So
    EXP: 23,137, Level: 6
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 3,863
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,863
    GP

Name
    Rayleigh Aston
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brunette
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'3 / 115
    Job
    Mechanic

View Profile
    All rewards have been added.
    Althy's Judging Admin
    To try or not to try. To take a risk or play it safe.
    Your arguments have reminded me how precious the right to choose is.
    And because I've never been one to play it safe, I choose to try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12