Her wide, sable eyes looked up at him with awe as he draped the cloak around her. As soon as he did so she felt the soft warmth of a good covering creep over her. A breath escaped her lips - a sigh, by all means - and it made whisps of smoke upon the air. For a moment she was caught by the wonder of it, and then her sense of duty fell over her once more.

Her duty. To serve the one who held her vessel, who brushed the mark with their flesh. This man, the one with the dragon's head.

Taking the sides of the cloak she pulled it closer around her form, feeling a mixture of fascination and wariness coming over her. This man - by his actions he seemed kind, but that could merely be a ruse. She had had kind masters at the start at first. Those who acted with goodness and gentleness, and then over time realised what they had. They would end up misusing her, becoming cruel and manipulative, declaring that she had to do this, that, the other, that they expected the world from her. Oh yes, the good masters could end up being the worst.

But then there was Amari. Again Astrophel felt the sinking feeling in her stomach as she realised she might never see the red-haired beauty again. Probably would never. In fact there was such little chance of it the young djinn considered if she should just say 'never'. In any place, that was the past, and like all things times changed, and Astrophel moved on to a new master.

Except ... 'And as you do so, please, refrain from referring to me as your ‘master’.' So here was another who did not like the term. Perhaps this continent was made of people who disliked it, so far were they from Alteron, her home land, far across the sea.

Her eyes drifted over to the tiny bird that he gave a name to. 'Arie.' Astrophel had always liked birds, so maybe she might get on with it at least.

Carefully she blinked, trying to consider what she should say to begin on good terms with this man.

"I ... I cannot call you by your first name," she said in a small voice, "It is not the way." She nibbled on the corner of her lip in a delicate manner. "You are my master. You have my vessel in your hands. I apologise for the way I appeared to you, ma-mister, and I spoke out of turn. I am sorry."

When her words did not seem to have any effect on the man, she cuddled the cloak closer around her. Her heart sinking, she realised he had no idea what she was and what he had in his hands now.

"As I am bidden, I will answer your questions. My name is Astrophel, and I am a djinn. The teapot is my home when I am not in my physical form. You have it, my vessel, in your possession, and called me forth and now you are my master. I am bidden to obey your every order." She curtseyed again, her long hair falling beyond her face. "Your will is mine."