When Blaze was done Avis let the silence extend for a while between them. She blinked a few times, listening but refuting in her mind before she finally quietly responded.

"He doesn't trust me. He's never going to trust me. That's partly why he is doing all of this."

"Well he gives you the special attention anyway," Blaze huffed, folding her arms across her chest.

"And that makes you jealous."

"That makes me jealous," Blaze agreed, nodding.

She watched as Avis sat there awkwardly, between trying to reason and eating her dinner. The kenku rubbed her arm, unsure of what to say or do, and thus Blaze let out a sigh. She stood, brushing down her usual white blouse, far too small for her.

"I'm going to go. I'll see you likely when there's updates, I'm sure."

Avis gave her a brief smile with her eyes, then nodded. "I guess so," she agreed.

Blaze gazed at her for one long moment before nodding and turning. With a hard knock at the door she demanded it open.

As it did a piercing cry ran through the room. A cry of pain and of terror and fear. Avis winced, knowing that the cry could only be from the captured man. The one within the attack whom Brer had chosen to keep alive. At Vitruvion's orders.

Blaze turned and held eyes with Avis in that moment. The kenku saw her angst and her jealousy, but also her understanding. There was a small flash there, where pity suddenly swam into Blaze's eyes and Avis knew that it was not meant for the man. It was the realisation that the one doing the torturing was the one who had stolen them both from their lives and held them here against their will. It was an understanding that there might, one day, be a way out for Blaze, but for Avis right now, there was not.

Ducking her head, Blaze turned again, breathing softly. Another ringing scream ran around the halls and it was all she could do was close her eyes against it. Against the door directly to her right where the anti-chamber of desperation and filth was, where Avis had first ever been taken by Vitruvion. Blaze didn't wait for her guards with their quarterstaffs to gather. She strode to the other door that led across the corridor and into the next set of rooms, her guards hurrying to catch up with her and open the doors. Avis watched her until Brer came into view and told her he should really close and lock her door. And she sighed, then nodded. Turning back to her since she resumed eating the fine food, only hearing the highest, most piercing of screams from then on.