Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Hollow Part Three: Horizons (Mature)

EXP: 10,855, Level: 4
    Level completed: 38%, EXP required for next level: 3,145
    Level completed: 38%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,145
    GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Hair Color
    Black (feathers)
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    4'10 and 80 lb
    Job
    Steward of Sir Vitruvion Elssmith, nobleman of Beinost and human form-bound god

"What - what was that?" Thesus stuttered in a painful voice, "I saw ... I couldn't ... The things I saw!"

Before Avis could hear what sort of horrors the man had seen because of her Vitruvion was speaking. In a low, threatening voice that Avis personally knew very well.

"Pay me just what is owed. No double the cost, just what is owed and now. Then we will be away, and you will never see her again. If you refuse I will get her to do it again, and the money will rise to double. Then again, triple, again, quadruple, again-"

"Yes, no, I mean!" Thesus spluttered as he grasped for a key at his throat. Uneasily and messily he pulled it out, then pushed it into a top drawer at his desk. Whilst gasping, he pulled out a bag of money, his face littered with fear and horror, and shoved the bag over the table, where it came to rest with a fine chinking. "That is it. Just take the whole thing."

"Thank you," Vitruvion smiled genuinely for the first time. He leant and picked up the tail of rope that apparently he had dropped. "A pleasure doing business with you, Thesus Heysan."

The spectacled man scowled and waved a hand madly. "Get out, please," he moaned, clutching at his skull.

"Of course," Vitruvion gave a mocking bow. And he turned just as the servant from before was opening​ the door with a tray laden with tea.

"We won't be needing that anymore," Vitruvion beamed at him, tugging at the rope. Avis stood, grunting in a low, quiet tone. "Our business here is complete." And he dropped the bag of money happily into a large bag at his belt. Twisting back around he began to stalk off, Avis fast at his heels.

Once back outside, Avis' mind was going wild. What had she done then? What had Thesus meant when he said he had 'seen things' and just what had he seen? How had she managed to cause him to stop breathing? Was it the fear? The hatred he saw? Was it really that intense.

Vitruvion opened the door and pushed her inside. She unsteadily got in and as soon as she did Brer was moving, locking her feet in place once more. With a slight nod and a pause from Vitruvion the two men began asking how it had gone.

"Better than I could have hoped," Vitruvion replied, throwing Zulon the bag of money. "Now get out and ride in front. I want to fuck this girl on the way home."

As if my day couldn't get any weirder. Or worse. Avis laid her head on the back of the carriage wall, not watching as her two guards gazed at their master stunned, but then nodded. Brer only paused long enough to suggest something quietly, out of Avis hearing, and Vitruvion nodded. Brer turned back to her, gave an apologetic smile before producing two more padlocks from his pockets. Because apparently that was what the romance-loving half-giant did. Kept padlocks in his clothes. She siezed and stared as he leant forwards to either side of her. Pressing down to keep her in place with an arm he looped parts of the chains binding her body to the wall, into fixtures already there. Since this was Vitruvion's​ carriage it made sense for there to be such things.

She glared at him when she figured out what was going on. But he shrugged and stepped back, leaving her in that way where she could not now lean back from the wall. There was an inch perhaps of movement, but between that and her feet she was trapped, the only parts of her free being her legs and -

Just enough spread. It would be painful, but Vitruvion would get what he wanted. Brer stepped out, going around to the back to sit. Presumably because he was too large to sit at the front. By himself then, Vitruvion moved in, eyes bright. He closed and latched the door, moving to sit opposite Avis, who glared at him with all the unspeakable hate she could.

"You did well," he quietly said, as the carriage began to move. "Very well today. Your gift has grown, that much is clear. I look forwards to seeing what it becomes in the rest of your life. Because I will be there. From now on, I am determined that you are mine." He leant forwards, placing a hand on either thigh. A slow, creeping and lustful grin appeared on his face. "I have a lot of plans for you, Stare."
    Last edited by Stare; 06-22-17 at 04:07 AM.

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Hair Color
    Black (feathers)
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    4'10 and 80 lb
    Job

They were not stopped at the gate again. Instead the guard from before waved them in, recognising them from before. It was just as well for Vitruvion was in a less than civil position. Avis had her eyes closed, taking the pain and the effects with a clenched jaw. Brer and Zulon could hear the grunts of their master and simply tried to ignore it, as was their norm.

It was when Vitruvion was done that he gave her a gift. And that was opening the blind slightly. Enough for he to just peer out. She was intrigued to see that they were near the centre of the city, where the markets were live and in full colour. It was bright midday, warm and mid-summer and -

Fucking hell.

Skra. Her old master, at his pastry stall. He held his wares, high and over his head, calling them out in his gruff dwarf voice. He was alone, neither of the other apprentices there with him and no Avis to get fresh supplies. In his eyes was exhaustion, in his tone was impatience. She leant forewards as much as she could, straining at the bonds. Avis' heart beat wildly, madly. If only she could break out of here and run to him. She would say how sorry she was that she disappeared and left him like that. He would be shocked at how angry and hateful she had become. She would cry, he would hold her like the fsther-figure he had become to her, and then - then ...

"What are you looking-"

Vitruvion's bent down to look through the gap, covering her line of sight. Clearly she had expressed her emotions in some way for his reaction had been sudden and rude. Furrowing his brow he searched around, as the carriage continued to wander past. She could still hear Skra's voice calling out on the air, kind and full of hope.

Not for her anymore.

Vitruvion looked up to her with an eyebrow raised. "I presume what you saw was someone from your past life. A friend or a familiar face." He tugged down the blind. "You know that is gone now, Stare. No matter what happens now, even if the Hollow is destroyed, you will never be free of me. You are my new Spice. My new obsession."

How very nice for me, Avis drawled in her head.

Moving to sit by her he kept a hand on her leg the entire way of the journey back. He did not remove the locks holding her to the wall, nor her feet, but instead made her sit there, silent and unable to move.

The carriage eventually ceased to move. Voices could be heard, those of Brer and Zulon and other guards. Vitruvion looked at Avis then took up his neck scarf he still had not replaced and leant forewards to tie it around her eyes again. She heard the door open, locks being turned, then she was bundled from the carriage and sunlight peered in once more. A short walk, a hobbled walk and the light and warmth was gone, and despite her protestations she was once more led, bound hand and foot, down the stairs and rooms and corridors, into the stony depths that was the Hollow.

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Hair Color
    Black (feathers)
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    4'10 and 80 lb
    Job

Two days passed. Peace, freedom and silence. Enough time to contemplate her moment with Thesus, what had happened. The major factor that she could not get over was the effect she had had on him. His lack​ of ability to breathe, his gasping claim of "seeing things". What things? Well, clearly terrible ones by his reaction. Perhaps his doom, perhaps his nightmares. Perhaps visions of despair, perhaps simply what he feared the worst that could happen.

That day she was back in the carriage. Vitruvion's attitude seemed to have changed. Slightly. He had reduced the amount of bindings to the leather cuffs and rope binding her body, still with a short chain for a hobble and still with her muzzle but he did not require her to be padlocked to the carriage itself. Instead he relied on her to sit as the blindfold was taken off and the carriage rocked into motion. Vitruvion had not mentioned why she and her two guards were accompanying him, nor could she now ask. He just left her to muse and consider and try to figure out just what the hell his deal was.

Blaze had come to see her the evening after Avis had returned from the event with Thesus Heysan. Apparently Blaze had been out into the world but only a few times, and they were to accompany Vitruvion as his restbite on business trips. Blaze had apparently come to the Hollow two years after Spice, hearing the news from Hope herself, who had known the elf. Spice had died of an apparent illness. Spice had been mysterious in her ways, and Vitruvion had been obsessed with her, doting on her. He had been distraught when she had passed.

The major thing that concerned Blaze was Vitruvion's claim of owning documents that signed Avis to him on an international level. Whereas Avis had little knowledge​ of Hernsford Blaze knew it was a coastal city on the much undiscovered continent of Dheathian. It was a city-state, powerful in its vast navy and commerce, the main trade of which was human lives. For centuries it had fought other nations to keep their rights in owning other people, and the general consensus was so long as the slave was from Hernsford and had been bought there, there was no doubt, internationally, that they belonged to their master.

"I've never been to Hernsford though!" Avis had protested.

"Do you think that matters?" Blaze had said, "Vitruvion knows a slave trader there, one whom can have the documents created from scratch with the real ingredients. He can make it seem like the records of selling were just never written down and - oops, there another becomes property over here. I imagine it would have cost Vitruvion a great amount of money."

"Great, so I cost him a lot of money now did I?" Avis had drawled sarcastically. "And to whomever he flashes the paper at they'll believe I fucking belong to the guy. Like a cow, or a plant!"

"You're worth more than a plant to him," Blaze had frowned.

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Hair Color
    Black (feathers)
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    4'10 and 80 lb
    Job

"Uh huh. And every time I deny to someone that I've ever been to Hernsford, Vitruvion the Bastard will just go on about how I'm lying because I'm a fucking slave."

It seemed Vitruvion had become obsessed with the idea that Avis belonged to him. In his own words he had never really enjoyed displaying the fact that he possessed his girls of the Hollow ... That was apart from her. And apparently Spice, and before her the other nameless one who committed suicide. All of them, according to Blaze, had some form of extraordinary talent that had delighted Vitruvion. For a moment Avis was sure she had heard jealousy in Blaze's voice, but she dismissed it, thinking why would she be jealous of me, when I not the one who has their future entirely forced for them. If the documentation stood in a court and Vitruvion would truly put out a bounty for her.

"We're not going past the market so you won't see your old master," Vitruvion said in a calm, cool voice. "I have been considering allowing you to see him one last time, but I have not yet decided. That will be up to you. If you behave."

Avis rolled her eyes at his comment of her obedience. It was becoming irritating, his constant reminder that she was not apt to obeying his commands.

He remained quiet for the majority of the trip, keeping himself to himself. And revealing no more about what their purpose was.

Brer said little, only grunting and agreeing with what Vitruvion said, Zulon said less and Avis was muzzled. Personally she hated the contraption, but she knew it was Vitruvion's way of controlling her one more way. He had taken her virginity, her pride and freedom, and now he had temporarily taken her voice.

He murmured things every so often, comments about people outside on the streets. Sometimes there was little to see but others there was the daily lives of Raiaeran elves. He would say if something intrigued him - such as a young boy filling an amphroae with water from a pump - or if there was an unusual happening - a husband arguing with his wife's affair partner about who loved her more. He seemed to find ordinary life difficult to fathom - an aged man walking across the road slow and steady - and the mundane fantastic - a woman hanging out all of the washing for her large family whilst her twenty children ran about her feet. He was in the middle of explaining about an elf man fixing the slates on his roof when the carriage suddenly drew to a halt with a heavy thump.

Vitruvion immediately frowned, and he peered out of the window with more scrutiny. "We are not here yet. What can be going on?"

Another thump, and a couple of raised voices. Vitruvion sighed. "Zulon, go ask the driver what the issue is."

The young man nodded and opened the door. Nothing could be seen, apart from visual proof that the carriage had been stopped. Zulon's voice could be heard, asking what was going on as the door began to shut of its own gravity.

Thump. Thwack. A heavy beat that sent the actual carriage rocking. Avis' eyes widened. She turned to stare at Vitruvion, disbelief crossing the face that could be seen.

Vitruvion looked to Brer. "Deal with this. Now." He himself took up his cane. Avis watched with strange intrigue as she saw him twist off the top, and reveal a long, thing dagger from the hilt. "I'll protect my possession."

Possession. Clearly her. Avis growled, squirming in her tight bonds that held arms to body, hands together at her waist.

Brer grunted and pulled open the door. Immediately he was assailed straight into combat, his mattock flying into the air. Avis recoiled, bringing her legs up onto the seat. Beside her Vitruvion threw the latter half of his cane to the ground and bared the dagger beside her in readiness.

I could fight were it not for these darn things, she thought in a hiss.

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Hair Color
    Black (feathers)
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    4'10 and 80 lb
    Job

The other door was wrenched open, and a masked fighter shoved his face in. With a sneer in his eyes he bore a long wicked knife and threw himself into the carriage, eyeing up his prize. With both doors open now effort had to be made to keep eyes on both. Vitruvion threw himself forwards to begin grappling with the man as Avis was left alone, defenceless aside from her own will. Desperately she tried to gain some ground by tucking her hobbled feet beneath her on the seat. At least the claws would provide one singular weapon, what with her hands immoveable and her beak leather-bound.

Snap.

She looked over and saw Vitruvion's hand on the masked assailants face. It was running with a strange frostiness, with deep furrowed lines as if the man had suddenly aged. The half-celestial was gasping, hair having becoming loose in the fray, and the dagger still in his hand. Grabbing the body with one hand he prepared to hoist it and throw it out.

Suddenly the side where Brer had been found an enemy. A jeering face appeared, black hair and a ragged scar over an eye. He saw Avis in the corner near him and his eyes began to light up as he reached for her with grabbing hands. Vitruvion began to shout - but not before Avis reacted. Kicking up and out she doing her feet into the man's face, hitting hard into him and sending them both slamming into the ground outside.

Immediately the man began to yell and scrabble. He had a pointed weapon of some kind which he tried to flash in Avis' face. She was sprawled by him, on her back, her legs tangled with his. As he leapt for her she twisted her legs up in the air, downing him for their conjoined mess. Crumpling, he fell back down and she looked briefly around to see a host of other assailants, three at the moment being kept at bay by the huge Brer, and more trying to calm the rearing, frightened horses. Another man came around by the back of the carriage, away from Brer. He saw her, there, fresh for the taking and began to run ...

Twisting sharply around Avis flipped the chain of her legs around the downed man's neck. Crossing her claws at the bottom she yanked tight, causing the neck to suddenly snap and the already bloody face to fade of life. The man running for her - she barely had time. The best she could do was try to rock herself up onto her knees so she now was leaning on her recent victim's body. She slammed her head into the man's groin as he came at her and though she gained quiet the savage wound down and around her shoulder she managed to have him winded.

Suddenly then his face was twisted into a horrible mess. Avis' eyes grew as she saw his eyes pop from his skull in horrific fashion, his tongue loll out and his nostrils flare. He went cross eyed - then promptly fell to the ground like a downed tree and behind him the bloodied and bruised figure of Zulon appeared. His chest was heaving, his eyes round and filled with madness. On his head was running blood from a wound where he clearly had been hit on the head.

Avis stared up at him and he looked down, a wry and mad smile on his face. She stared through her muzzle, trying to tell him with her eyes to cut her out of her bonds.

But the dazed, hardly recovered man did not even begin to comprehend. From the side Avis could see one of Brer's attackers break from his defensive cover and aim straight for the inside of the carriage.

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Hair Color
    Black (feathers)
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    4'10 and 80 lb
    Job

Zulon did not move. Fuck, Avis thought, and she was on her clawed feet, uneasily unwrapping them from the neck of her kill. As she saw the new attacker get his torso stuck in the carriage and begin to make horrendous noises, she scuttled and did her best to run. She slammed her shoulder into the small of his back where it would react on his solar plexus. Right where her father had always told to hit.

Down he fell, stunned and frozen like her second. She pushed him with the form of her bound body, down to the side. He collapsed down, his eyes huge in disbelief on how a nearly completely trussed up parcel had defeated him.

Behind him was the form of Vitruvion, staring at her with round, fixed and determined eyes. He was clearly in a state, no less than three bodies around him, each one of them with grey skin and frost covering their forms, as if they had been exposed to the harsh Berevar elements. Avis remembered the freezing, numbing touch of his created metal collar, and the chill of Ventrua's healing and she knew then that they had died due to his magic touch.

Blood still dripped from his blade as he stood over a body that was just slumping to the ground. Clearly he had been being attacked from his side when the now downed man had come, and it could have been a close death battle.

Reaching out he grabbed her with his spare hand, wrapping his fingers around the ropes at her front. She scrabbled at the steps with her feet, using them to aid his reach and ease herself up and in. Zulon suddenly seemed to come back to his senses as he stabbed into the one who was downed, piercing him through the eye and into the brains.

Dropping her onto the floor beside his bodies, Vitruvion slammed the door that he had originally been assaulted from shut and shouted out of the other.

"Get us out of here," he yelled. "Zulon, to the front, Brer, keep one alive and bring him."

He crouched low over Avis, long knife out and his eyes twitching to either side. There was a moment of shouting, of scuffling and pain. Avis saw Zulon running forewards, yelling as he went for the guards holding the horses. A body fell, a shout went out and horses shrieked. Avis began to try to get up to her knees.

A foot softly pressed on her back - not hard but built with pressure. "You've done enough for now, Stare. Stay down until we are out of here."

Suddenly the door was opened more. And a dozed, barely breathing body was thrown onto a seat, shortly followed by large Brer. Avis curled up, trying to duck beneath it all as the carriage suddenly lurched and they were galloping off at full speed, three bodies plus an unconscious prisoner now in the back.

Vitruvion remained where he was, crouched low over Avis, his hand in place of his foot on the back of her neck to guide her to keep there. In a rough voice he spoke to Brer. "How many?"

"Ten at least," the half-giant grunted. "She took out one, Zulon a couple, me a handful."

So there may be one or two left alive?"

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Hair Color
    Black (feathers)
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    4'10 and 80 lb
    Job

Brer shrugged. "Maybe."

Vitruvion was nodding. "Good. Then they'll live to tell the tale that Vitruvion Elssmith is not so easy to destroy."

Finally he glanced down at Avis. "Are you hurt?" He asked.

Her chest was heaving and she swallowed before gesturing with her eyes to her shoulder where congealed blood was starting to gather over the feathers there.

Nodding, Vitruvion leaned in to gaze at it, using his daggerless hand to ease the feathers apart. She let out am agonising groan through her muzzle as he did so, clearly stating that she was in pain.

"We will have it seen to as soon as we get back," he said in a low, tense voice. "Then I will find the bastards who did this." He tilted his head to gaze into her eyes. "You saved me there, Stare. You could have let the bastard have me, but you didn't. Now why is that?"

In all honesty Avis did not know. But she simply acknowledged that in the heat of the moment it had been between facing death at the hands of the attackers, or facing life at the hands of Vitruvion. Despite what a half-life it was.

Clenching her jaw she looked right back at him, explaining her uncertainty in her eyes. With a small smile he cupped the back of her head and whispered to her.

"It should be me who protects you, as I have taken that responsiblity on as your master and owner," he stroked her feathers gently. "But you have given me a great service today and shown me you possess the spirit of a queen. I am proud of you, my kenku."

Curling up slightly she rolled onto her side, avoiding as best as she could the numerous bodies. But it was impossible with the number that there were. Vitruvion stayed by her, sliding away the point of his dagger into the hilt of his cane. Trying once more to ease herself onto her knees she tucked them underneath her, grunting in a muffled way.

He rested a hand on her shoulder, easing it slightly as she got to her knees, breathing hard and laboured. He said nothing more, simply held her eyes.

The carriage heaved to a sudden halt. Vitruvion stood, telling Brer to bring the prisoner as he took Avis by the upper arm, encouraging her up. He paused and grabbed his scarf from his neck. Without asking her he draped it around her eyes and tied it off, then standing to take her wrist.

Guiding her through the halls and corridors, stairs and ramps, avenues and alleys. Through to the main room where her blindfold was removed late. Then the door to her room appeared before her and by then she was wheezing with trying to keep with him. Heavily, she collapsed into a chair, just sitting there as Vitruvion looked at her, a firm frown on his face. The door was still open. But he did not seem bothered by that. Instead he reached over, and began to unbuckle her muzzle.

She practically spat it out, gasping as she did.

"That thing -" breath, "Hate it."

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Hair Color
    Black (feathers)
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    4'10 and 80 lb
    Job

"Yet it is necessary," Vitruvion replied, taking the leather and folding it into a small section. "For when I take you out again."

"Again?" Avis placed her head back against the chair, swallowing huge gulps of fresh air. She eyed him warily. "So your whole speech-"

"About using you for more, yes," he nodded, leaning back slightly on his cane. "As you know the documents are set, and you have already proved your worth. You killed today without barely being able to move, and that was impressive. Not many of my men could do such."

"Father taught me," she sighed, glancing down at her hands. "Can we remove these now please? I'm inside."

"Wait until Brer is here," Vitruvion said, straightening to walk around the bed and find the other chair. He took it up and carried it back around with an easy arm, the other holding onto his cane without clacking on the ground.

"What are you going to do to him?" She asked, eyes watching him. "The unconcious one?"

"I have enough devices that can be altered for torture," he replied without a hint of remorse in his voice. He set the chair opposite her and sank into it.

Avis was silent for a while, thinking of the poor man's fate. Certainly with Vitruvion's reputation and with the amount of things that could be used for pain he was going to either tell them all - or die full of agony.

"So where were we going before the attack?" She asked quietly.

"That is for me to know and you to not ask about," Vitruvion said running a hand through his hair. He winced as he apparently came across a small scrape. "Perhaps it will be rearranged."

"Where though?"

"Do I need to repeat 'not to ask about'?" He said in a heated tone, eyes narrowing at her.

She looked at him for a while, considered what position she was in now. The way she was bound, their relationship now, the potential permanence of this ...

"No," she dryly replied.

"Exactly, I don't," he nodded. "See, these questions are fine, daring is allowed, but when I give a direct order I expect the men I pay to carry it out, and moreover yourself. Because-"

"You own me, legally, sort of," Avis grumbled. "I got it."

"For all accounts I do. Technically the law requires for me to have bought you in Hernsford itself," Avis nodded with disgust, she had heard this from Blaze already. "But of course any time you deny it, I can simply claim you are lying for your own benefit. And anyone believes the master's tale over the slave's in a court of law."

"And what happens if they have those who can tell if you are lying or not in court?" Avis dared to ask.

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Hair Color
    Black (feathers)
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    4'10 and 80 lb
    Job

"Well eventually, when we have time, I will be taking you to Hernsford, where my contact there will make the matter even more formal. An exchange of money is all that is required," he grinned, showing the edge of teeth. "And then, my dear, you will not be able to deny anything. I will have, quite literally exchanged money for you in a fashion I believe they call 'buying'."

"You're an absolute bastard," she told him, matter of factly.

He nodded in agreement. "That I am. And you'll be pleased to know that if I ever died you transfer directly over to Ventrua as she knows my business the best so." He shrugged. "You'll never be free of my influence. Bitch."

"'Bitch'?" She stared at him.

"Yes. I am as much of a bastard as you are a bitch. Thus, this relationship will develop into something rather glorious."

Avis paused, then suddenly asked something that had been on her mind for a while. Despite the emotional complexities of the conversation she had already come to terms with a large part of it. Therefore her mind switched to her questions.

"Do you age at all? And how old are you?"

"I would say that is a rather rude question, but the you are rather blunt." Vitruvion paused. "To answer your question, no, Ventrua and I cannot age due to our genetical make up. And I shall not give you a precise year but I have seen a whole century."

Avis was suddenly struck dumb. Her beak halves parted as she heard his words. Over a century? Fuck me. That was older than any kenku could hope to get.

A soft laugh came. "I see you did not think I was so old. Well, I can tell you that my sister is not much younger than me either. And the Hollow ... This place has been around at least thirty years in some measure. Many hosts and guests have died and come, you know likely that I am the only one of the original ten left." He lounged slightly, tapping his cane off the floor with mild eagerness. "And I have changed in that time."

"I'm fifteen." She paused, and a lump came into her stomach realising she had missed her birthdays. "Sixteen now. The age of majority for my people is thirteen and we consider ourselves a good age if we have lived to forty years."

"Short," Vitruvion frowned slightly. "Something should be done about that."

"What?" She furrowed her brow, staring at him.

He waved a hand. "Do not worry. It is none of your major interest for now."

Creasing her brow she glared at him whilst he continued to smile. It was then she realised that if he did not age at all, then he would still be around when she was nearing her death bed. Still young, agile, full of life.

He was going to be extremely hard o escape.

"Sir," came a grunt. Both Avis and Vitruvion looked over to see Brer in the open door. The half-giant paused. "He's in the stocks of anti-chamber."

"Chained?"

Brer growled a nod.

"Good, then I shall get information from him."

Vitruvion moved to his feet, then looked at Avis he paused, then took his knife from the tip of his cane, now knowing that she herself had comprehension of its existence, and then he leant down towards her. She sucked in her breath, holding herself still as he unplucked the majority of the cords there.

He leant back up and started striding off as she eased herself out of the constraints, only the binds on her legs and wrists left.

"Tell Jared to bring her the best of the meals," Vitruvion said to Brer. "And undo the rest of her bonds." He handed him a key. "When Zulon is recovered have him resume duties, I want her guarded at all times. This one is precious to me, Brer and I will not allow clumsiness to be the reason I lose her."

"I can hear you, you know," Avis offered, rolling back her shoulders and beginning to ease her stiff joints.

"Good, then you know that I will be most irritated if you got these men into trouble as well as leaving here without my instruction."

It was a threat. A mild one, but still a threat. That if she tried or was successful at escaping it would not be her now who was punished. Whoever has been guarding her would face judgement also.

She was standing now and he was leaving. She heard the click of the door being shut, then footsteps as Brer came to her, key in hand. He raised an eyebrow when he came to her and she raised her wrists, allowing him to do his work.

"You escape, and it is bad for me."

"I know," she sighed. "Don't​ worry, I know it's stupid for me to try now."

"Even outside."

"Even outside," she agreed.

GP

Name
    Avis Tsakaka
    Race
    Kenku / Tengu
    Hair Color
    Black (feathers)
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    4'10 and 80 lb
    Job

"Vitruvion is over a hundred years old?"

Avis sighed as she picked at her food, watching Blaze take in the information with amazement. "Yes, and his sister."

"So he's immortal?"

"Well he can't age and so yes, in a way."

Jared the steward had bought her a fine rump stake, the best Avis had had in a long time. It was seasoned well and came with high quality potatoes, vegetables and a half glass of rich red wine. It was rare she was given alcohol, but she knew it was because of the fact she had fought for Vitruvion. On his side. And potentiqlly saved his life.

"But he's a hundred?"

Dramatically, Avis sighed and looked over to Blaze who was pacing, trying to take this all in. "Yes, it makes complete sense. And the Hollow has been in Beinost for over thirty years. Vitruvion has run it, to varying degrees for all that time. He knows precisely what he is doing in this city and what he is doing here."

"Finding girls for pleasure?"

"That and indenturing them into an unavoidable life of slavery."

Blaze's lips pursed. "He said he wants to take you to Hernsford?"

"To make whatever the literal hell my life is official, yes."

She looked honestly surprised. "He's never gone that far for one of us, Stare. I am sure of it. Not for Spice. Not For Nameless."

Nameless was the term they had decided to use when speaking about the girl whom had come before Spice. The one who had committed suicide.

Stare gazed at her for a long time. "Then what is he playing at? I'm probably the least enthusiastic about this whole idea of his, the most reluctant 'guest' he has ever had, yet he is fully determined that I am basically stuck for the rest of my mortal life."

Blaze tucked a length of her brilliant red hair behind her ear and shrugged slightly. "All we can know is he thinks of you as special. So be thankful for that."

Once more Avis felt an ugly feeling coming from the sort-of elf. Pausing, she made her voice patient and calm and asked Blaze just what was on her mind. "Blaze, please just tell me. Are you jealous? Because I've heard it more than once in your voice now?"

The fiery red-head sat there in silence for a moment before huffing. "Well I have been here for longer than you."

Avis couldn't believe her. "You are jealous because I am getting my future decided for me? Because Vitruvion has literally bound my existence to him?"

"It's not that," Blaze flashed a look of anger. "It's the attention, the glory that you are getting. You have been here four months and already you have been outside twice. In three days! Chances are you are going to be able to do that a lot. He says he wants to use you for other things - don't you realise that means less sex and more business ventures? Of course I am jealous, Stare. You've got the trust from him that I've worked years to gain."

Avis went quiet as Blaze had her tirade. Pressing her the halves of her beak together she tried not to argue, but rather kept her silence. Huffing in her own way she tried to not agree with the points Blaze madez but rather retort them with her own pains.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast