Build
    5"3/ 209
    Job
    Wanderer

View Profile

Magician Reversed

Magician Reversed

Out of Character:
    Solo. A sequel to "The Mountain and the Trial." Picture credit to Pinterest.
    "Throw me at the wolves and I'll return leading the pack." ~ Unknown.

Songs of Felicity.

Fewicity Smash!

EXP: 5,645, Level: 3
    Level completed: 17%, EXP required for next level: 3,355
    Level completed: 17%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,355
    GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5"3/ 209
    Job
    Wanderer

View Profile
    "Are you sure this will work?"

Felicity opened her eyes, confusion crossing her young face. She was surrounded by bookshelves full of old journals, novels, nature guides… Only half of them had collected dust, as the person who owned them read up frequently. This was not the only thing in this cozy, dark room however. The sound of bubbling liquids and the dripping of fluid droplets caused her to turn her head left, to the many tables and shelves of thermoses, bottles, measuring cups, and vials filled with many different liquids with rainbows of different colors and thicknesses. Steam also boiled in a large glass bowl; solid crystals and cut up and mashed leaves were laid out neatly in their wooden boxes. This was only a small laboratory though, as both the alchemist and his master were in the other room.

"Of course it will work, m'lady. We-we just don't know how…"

The girl nervously shuffled her legs. The cushioning of the laid back lab chair she was on rubbed against her brown pants. The red chair was comfortable, and two squishy holsters were at the side so one could squeeze them if-if… they were in… pain…

How nice of the manufacturer.

The girl was laying down. Looking up to the ancient stone ceiling above, she heard their voices from the other room.

"M'lady, maybe we should-"

"-No, Daisuke. My apprentice cannot grow strong if we do not inject your serum into her. This is your creation, right? Everything should be fine."

Now the girl reached for one of the stress relieving handles, shaking as she gripped it tightly. She was now visibly nervous. Looking up to the elvish lines and curves on the round dome above her, her green eyes unstably formed tears. She trusted these people completely. They would - her teacher would - never harm her! Right? Why was she so rattled? Everything would be just fine… right?

As she heard their footsteps tapping on the marble floor, entering the room, she closed her eyes. Gulping down the lump in her throat and pushing back the tears, she nervously smiled, "Masta'."

"Felicity."

She opened her eyes again. A young woman, just a few years older than she, was hanging over her. Her black hair blocked out any side vision for either of them. The young woman smiled reassuringly, her blue eyes portraying fond warmth as she spoke, "Are you ready?"

Felicity squeezed the handles again, "I guess…"

The young woman put a reassuring hand on her shoulder, "Nervous?"

"Y-yeah." Her voice shook a little.

The woman tilted her head, "Needle?"

Felicity's eyes darted away for a moment. With nothing but long, black hair with brown highlights blocking her vision, she was forced to look back to her and respond.

"Magic."

Now it was her teacher's turn to look away. Pushing her hands off the head rest, she looked towards the far left of her vision with an unreadable face, at least from down here.

Now feeling outright anxious, the child looked towards that direction. A middle aged man with long, greyish-brown hair was filling an injection needle with a clear but fizzling substance.

"Daisuke…" Felicity asked, her smile having faded, "Is it safe?"

The man's long hair blocked her vision of him. However, after a moment he disconnected the tube of the liquid, holding the rather long needle up in the air. "Of course it is, child."

Tears welding up once more, Felicity looked up to her teacher again, who extended her hand to her. The pale area where her gloves usually would be signified that she had just now removed the hand garments. The young woman smiled reassuringly, "You will be fine, Fel. It's okay. This will be worth it."

Felicity raised her good right hand to her's, squeezing it as tightly as she could as she heard Daisuke walking towards them. He lifted her sleeve, dabbing it with a cool cloth.

Felicity was vibrating, watching her trusted mentor with visible fear on her face.

"Come now," Ashla smirked, "I would never do anything to hurt you, right?"

Felicity smiled, although a tear slid slowly down her face, her expression screamed of unwavering admiration. "Nev'a."

She winced, clenching her teeth together in a hiss of pain, as the needle pierced her skin.

~~~

As the memory faded into darkness, her eyes closed, she spoke again. "Yeah, nev'a… except you did."
    Last edited by Flamebird; 06-24-17 at 06:34 PM.

Songs of Felicity.

Fewicity Smash!

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5"3/ 209
    Job
    Wanderer

View Profile
    As the dream world faded away, reality returning, her senses returned too. Almost immediately, the feeling of a cool atmosphere surrounded her. Despite the chill, but not cold, air; the heavy fur blankets layered on top of her kept her warm. Another blanket was beneath her, the furs both warm and abrasive. Beneath the blanket was sturdy, rough stone. The crackling and snapping of burning wood, and the smoky smell from it, came along with… mmm, what was that? It was some kind of meat, and it smelled good.

The young lady (only maybe lady) felt her stomach rumble wildly. It was as if one of Eiskalt's big cats was roaring from within her belly. Her body experienced the earthquake of hunger. She was awake.

Peridot colored eyes opened. No sunlight was there, and she thought it was nighttime. However, the shadows of flame flickering against a dark surface alerted her that she was underground. The first thing she saw was a dark granite ceiling carved from the side of mountain. She tried to get up, but thudded her head against the stone that was much lower than she thought. Well, that would leave a mark on her already big forehead. "Ow.."

Rubbing her head, she turned her head to the right. As it turned out, she was in the corner of a round cavern room. In the middle of the room, lined with large stones, a fire was partying amongst the surface of wood below. Dancing as if it were high, the flames tickled the top of a flat stone tray resting on a bone stand. On top of the tray, delicious looking meat was laid out neatly as if this were some dinner party. A dinner party in a cave? Felicity must of hit her head hard just now.

Wary not to hit her head another time, the girl crawled from her bed to the edge of the low ridge. As she slipped her feet out from what appeared to be moose fur, she noticed that both her footgear and wrappings were gone. Indeed, even though it was only her ankle she had unearthed from the blankets, the visible white marks left from the bandages were quite the contrast to the ever so slightly dark skin the wrappings never touched. Confused, she pulled the blankets away and ducked as she put her foot on the floor. For all the heat the combined heavy furs and fire burns suggested, the floor was freezing. Shockwaves of cold echoed through her body, she sharply lifted her foot and she squealed over the surprise. Oh, and in pulling back she hit her head again.

"Ow! Dagnabit!"

After rubbing the back of her head in pain, she decided to try again. This time, she readied herself as she put her foot down again. Both feet. Now, putting weight against the floor, she was very wary of the lowered ridge this time as she got out of the bed. Standing up, as the blankets slipped off, she realized that she wore different clothing than the previous waking moment. Long sleeved animals pelts, the dark red fur outside while the bare pelt was against her flesh, reaching down to just above her ankles. It was insulating enough, for a dress, that she actually would be feeling warm if not for the freezing floor beneath her soles.

Her hair was let down. The girl pulled some strands into her line of vision… and realized how long it had grown. She usually pulled it into braids or tails, but now she noticed how close to waist length it had grown.

Even for her usual standards, she felt uncivilized.

She walked across the room, her footsteps echoing across the cavern walls. Walking up to the heat of the flames, she stretched her hands just close enough to feel warmth spread through her palm. Her green eyes watched the food as if she were a starving pup.

The fur curtain in front of the walkway out parted. In walked a familiar face.

Felicity recited the name, "Maiara."
    Last edited by Flamebird; 06-25-17 at 07:36 PM.

Songs of Felicity.

Fewicity Smash!

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5"3/ 209
    Job
    Wanderer

View Profile
    The elderly neanderthal walked over, carrying a stone plate. Using thongs to pick up a piece of boned meat then plop it on the plate, her elderly voice cracked. "Would you enjoy a drink, honey?"

As the woman handed the plate to her, her instincts took root. Felicity immediately pulled the plate up and grabbed the hunk of meat. Mouthful after mouthful of delicious moose meat was shredded off the bone. Like a feral animal, she ripped the meat off and gulped it within mere moments. Only when her tongue only could feel more tender meat did she drop it on the plate with a thud. Her entire face stained from the swift consumption, she looked back up to the woman, "F-F…"

She was struggling past her lisp, to get the th out.

"F… t… thank you! Thank you so much!"

The medicine woman took back the dish. "You are most welcome. Water, dear?"

She nodded her head, still famished.

Maiara nodded, "You can have more if you like." She tilted her head towards the cooking meat over the fire.

With one appreciative expression, Felicity took back the plate, the bone falling to the ground, and grabbed another rip.

Kneeling to her knees, the girl put the plate down and starting eating between the bones with both hands. As she ate, Maiara spoke, "You have a wilderness in you, child. An inner flame."

Felicity looked up to the woman at the other side of the fire as she stuffed moose into her mouth with her fingers.

"You had an enduring trial." She said, "Even after hiking for so long. You managed."

Felicity scoffed, spitting a small bone from her mouth, "Not by much."

The woman shook her head slowly, "'Barely' was still just enough. You do not give up easily."

She held her hand up to pause the conversation. Maiara walked out for only a moment, then back in with a bone cup of water. Felicity dropped the scraps of food remaining on the plate and carefully took the water. Chugging from the thick white mug, downing the water in seconds, she slammed the cup against the ground, the loud bang sounding across the room. The elderly woman walked up to her and knelt down to her level, "You've become civilized, but not by much. Your instincts are your own brand of weapons."

Felicity ripped what little meat what left on the bone off and brought it to her mouth - then suddenly stopped, thinking it was a social cue. Flushing pink, she lowered her head; meat still inches away from her grubby lips. "Yeah, sowwy about being a hog."

The medicine woman laughed, a deep cackle that was low yet was not at all ominous. "Oh, child, I was talking about your fighting style. You understand, right? Those flashy swords that you once had in existence…"

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SWOWDS!?!"
    Last edited by Flamebird; 06-25-17 at 09:54 PM.

Songs of Felicity.

Fewicity Smash!

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5"3/ 209
    Job
    Wanderer

View Profile
    "Um… It's okay… I guess… I didn't need to defend myself to 'ive… 'o anyfing 'ike 'at…"

Down in the deepness of caverns down below, in a puddle of thick, unnatural yellow liquid, there were the remains of Felicity's prized swords. All her swords. Her two arming sword spinning helicopter joining device or something. Also, that two handed flamberge. All gone. Bye bye's.

They were partially melted. Random parts of the blades half liquidated or part way between solid and ooze. The melted grey glop that had once been metal swirled and melted in the small puddle of bubbling goo.

"… Ugh… um…"

Above the scene of the accident, Felicity and Maiara looked down from a flight of carved out stairs that led into a series of caverns. The sound of running water from a fall nearby sounded from a short way off. Just several steps above them a small underground waterfall formed a scenic archway through the stairs. Even here Felicity could smell the fresh earth and unsanitary water of nature; the droplets of vapor that collected on her body. Even the cool fingerprints of water could not hold back her growing hotheadedness.

"It's awight… even 'ough vat Zweihända' was my onwy 'iving memo'y of my cousin but you can fo'get 'et… it's fine…"

As she glared at her weapons' remains, her face went red. Her ears felt hot like the deserts of Fallien; chest ready to burst from the flames within. Her voice was unintentionally bitter, growing from soft to gruff.

"My masta' gave me vose ova two swords … but it's fine…"

No it's not!

Without warning, Felicity harshly turned to the elderly woman next to her with a hardened punch.

Without even thinking about where she was at or what she was doing, she punched again. Ignoring the feeling of hard rock against her human (or half human) fists, she gave into rage. Punch after punch, she pushed her adversary back further and further, each punch harder than the last- for about five seconds before gasping.

Her eyes were wide as dinner plates. Her face screamed of shock. Pulling one now bloodied hand to her face, she was speechless…

"Wha… what…"
    Last edited by Flamebird; 06-25-17 at 09:56 PM.

Songs of Felicity.

Fewicity Smash!

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5"3/ 209
    Job
    Wanderer

View Profile
    Maiara cackled again.

Felicity had, in fact, been punching not the hag, but a green energy shield surrounding her the whole time. The elder was kneeling down, holding two fingers in an X as they touched the slippery steps. She was laughing pretty hard.

Felicity was caught between desperate relief for having not harmed Maiara and rage for not being able to hit her.

She pulled back one of her still bare feet, "You hag!" And kicked the shield. As her bleeding fists already gave away, however, that particle shield was brick hard. It had been fifteen seconds, thus the pain numbing affects of her bleed-triggered ability was gone.

"OOOWWWWWW!! Dagnabit again!" She clenched her bare foot, but slipped as she did so, falling against the edge of the thin staircase. Now Maiara rose to her own feet, looking over the child. Relative fear fell over Felicity, as she had still tried to just clobber this lady. Miles away from the neanderthal caves, they were the only two here. Yet, with that sheild the mistress just made, Felicity gulped.

As water pounded down the fall several feet away from them, they were silent.

After many long seconds of Felicity hoping that the thaynes would spare her, the elder cracked a sudden smile once again, "Once again, wild blood."

She extended her hand.

As wind from currents high above them blew, Felicity looked over the edge. Down the spiraling stairs, even further down below the small puddle of… whatever that yellow goo was… there was a solid hole in the ground that decended into unreadable shadow. Her fears of falling caused her to look cautiously up to the elder woman.

Once again, Felicity was always cautious, but she reached her hand towards her's as the medicine woman spoke. "You have a fire and a passion that you've yet to harness. You learned to use your powers for good, but you must learn how."

She took her hand, hoisting her up, "That is why I am here, lass, to teach you to control those twisted powers your former mentor injected into your veins."

She pulled Felicity close, whispering into her ear. Hot air brushed her skin as Maiara refused to let her go, "You have passed your little trial, but you have a long ways to go still!"

Maiara erupted into mad laughter, pushing her off the edge.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 06-25-17 at 08:49 PM.

Songs of Felicity.

Fewicity Smash!

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5"3/ 209
    Job
    Wanderer

View Profile
    Falling…

Felicity could not help but scream as she fell downwards, into the darkness. Royal red hair flew as she extended her hands towards whatever light was left. Mental and unhinged laughter still circled around as if still fresh against her ears.

Who is this goon and why am I trusting her again?

Interesting last thoughts when falling to your death. Heh…

She continued to spiral downwards, screaming as she dropped heavy as an anvil…

She suddenly felt liquid splash, consuming her whole and wrapping her frame in her arms. The laughing finally faded beneath the slow, still waves. Her first reaction was joy over not dying… then confusion over not dying. She should of died falling towards any kind of surface, liquid or not, of that incredible speed. Yet she was still breath- not breathing. She needed air!

Instinct told her to swim upwards. She obeyed it. As she opened her eyes even beneath the surprisingly room temperature liquid, she noticed it was not dark anymore. All around her, sparkling particles of glowing white, miniscule yet still shaped like thin snowflakes, danced in each their own ways. As her young hands reached for them, she felt nothing. A moment of peace, although without oxygen, came over her as she looked down. Her fur dress circled around as she looked into the massive drop of mile upon mile of dark liquid and floating gold specks.

She could of stayed longer, but she needed air.

Swimming towards the top of the pool, she tried to see light beyond it, but she could not. Concern fell over her as she wondered just where she was.

What is Maiara doing? Where is she now? Why is she doing this? Why does she care about me so much?

Songs of Felicity.

Fewicity Smash!

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5"3/ 209
    Job
    Wanderer

View Profile
    The girl yanked herself above the water. Gasping for air, she grabbed blindly onto a rock, pulling herself up to it. Opening her eyes, through dim light she saw that she had fallen into a deep, but not very wide, pool.

That pool was dazzling with a beautiful, but unnatural, light about it. It was enough to eliminate the entire area. There was a stairway, most likely the same she had fallen from, at the edge of the jagged cavern walls. Other than that, it was calm, quiet, and boring. Felicity pulled herself up to the pool edge and onto land

After everything, Felicity finally noticed the stinging in her fists. Pulling the soaking backs of her hands to face her, she noticed that she was still bleeding. She was surprised that the surrounding air was not cold - or even cool for that matter. It was not burning either, or muggy… It was just… just…

… This was all just too odd.

Remembering the recent illusions that the medicine woman pulled on her before, the wet girl stood up. Pulling her fists into tight balls, she shook. She shook not in any kind of chill, but in the heat of rage, "Stop it!" She shouted up to the caverns above, "Maiawa, just stop it! I'm not p'aying you' games a second time!"

Only her own echoes met her cries.

As her own voice skipped around the circular walls, she winced, "I hate my wisp… and huge foehead…"

She growled, turning towards the land and raising her foot to kick a rock again.

-This time, she stopped and hesitated.

Remembering the pain against her toes the last time she had recently kicked something, she lowered her foot towards the pebble coated cavern floor below. Her dress clasped to her body, providing more awkward discomfort than warmth. Her hair was drenched; she could hear the water dripping off her and onto the rocky ground. She was not cold, but she was not comfortable either. Felicity sighed, sitting down again. As the tiny black pebbles and stones around her were shuffled as she came to the ground, she looked back to the spiraling pond in silence. At least the pond looked pretty.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 06-25-17 at 10:05 PM.

Songs of Felicity.

Fewicity Smash!

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5"3/ 209
    Job
    Wanderer

View Profile

After an extended time of waiting, a half dry Felicity pushed herself up from the ground below, looking into the darkness above. Incredibly bored, she cupped her hands around her mouth and called for Maiara again…

… No response.

Growling, she clasped her fists again. The girl was tired of waiting. Impatient, rage growing within her stomach, she looked down towards the glowing water. While the mysterious liquid did cause questions to briefly bubble in the corners of her mind, she was too angry to care at this point. Man, she really wanted to hit something right now! As she boiled in her anger, shaking in violence over the woman who ruined her precious blades and pushed her over, she suddenly heard a voice behind her.

"You appear to be shivering, love. Need a blanket?"

A gasp was emitted as Felicity quickly turned around. Only several feet away from her, there stood Maiara.

Felicity barked, "Wha'ai did you come fwom- Oh, nev'a mind 'et!"

Her face was red now, pointing at the elderly woman, she started to scream, "BWOODY HAIDES, I COUWD CWEAM YOU!! WHY DID YOU DO VAT!?! YOU TWISTED, CWEEPY- OH! I'M SO ANGEY I COUWD CUSS!!!""

"Yes," the medicine woman crossed her arms, tilting her head in an unamused air, "I can see that."

"YOU MUST BE MAD, I SAY! MAD! WHY, IF I HAD HAWF A MIND, I-"

Maiara lifted her hand to her mouth, letting out an overdramatic yawn.

That was it.

A growl erupted from the teen's mouth, rising to the octave of a scream as she raised her fist, racing towards the elder.

Songs of Felicity.

Fewicity Smash!

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5"3/ 209
    Job
    Wanderer

View Profile
    Felicity raised her scratched fist, green eyes wide as drool slipped from her mouth. Like an uncaged wild animal, she attacked her aggressor with a sturdy punch.

For a woman of old age, she raised her own hand, blocking with near perfection.

A gasp escaped Felicity's mouth at the raw strength the elder had. Maiara was so strong, in fact, she pushed Felicity's fist back, causing her to step back. Recently, the elderly woman had been all smiles and laughs, but now her eyes were dead serious. Felicity suddenly remembered how this very person saved her from the darkness of the cave, reclothed her, tended to her, and fed her. Her anger twisted her to tell her it was no excuse to push her off a ledge, but common sense and social aptitude told her that this was no way to treat a host.

Maiara's next words confused her, however. "Good. You are angry. Right where I want you."

Maiara shoved her off, almost causing Felicity to slip on the stones. Maiara extended her arms, her white and grey fur dress rustled in the drafts of this conflict. "You think raw power alone can beat me? Use it. Come at me!"

Once again, her anger won. Felicity pushed to stones behind her as she ran towards the elder. No way could this old hag stop her! Felicity was a tank, both in how much damage she could take and her fire power. Once again, she attempted to punch her. This time, she hit her, but mere seconds after the image flickered out of existence with a yellow glow. Confusion crossed her only before she was punched from her blindside by the medicine woman.

"Again!" She scowled.

Felicity responded, turning to her with a lack of form and throwing a lousy chicken bone punch. Calmly, Maiara stepped just outside of the punch 's reach.

Another punch, she missed again. And again.

And again.

And again!

Every time, Maiara encouraged her to try again. Every time, Felicity could not touch her. Every time, her anger grew.

"STOP IT!" Felicity screamed, her throat giving out in a squeak as she did so, "STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!!"

The medicine woman did not yield.

"Come, now!" She extended her arms again, "Are you not entertained?" She dodged another thrown sloppy punch with ease.

Felicity stopped, glaring at the medicine woman with sheer hatred. "I down't cawe if you fed me! I want to huwt you!!" Felicity picked up a sharp stone from below, about to hit her - then the idea came to her.

"Use your energy…"

Felicity raised the stone above her stretched out arm, watching Maiara. She needed more power! More energy! More anything!

Maiara's face was twisted, she spat from her mouth, "Why don't you bloody do it? Show me your power! Strike me!"

Felicity brought the razor sharp stone to her flesh, digging it in deep as she tore through her entire lower arm with it.

Songs of Felicity.

Fewicity Smash!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast