Taka had spent a day alone. Scarlet made sure of that, no food, no water. Nothing. He was ready, Scarlet had said she would break him and she meant it. She slowly descended the stairs in a low and purposeful rhythm. She knew the fallen ronin would hear her footsteps, and she knew the ache in his heart. She saw it in his broken gaze as she left him those few nights prior. She would use all those things to her advantage. Ulroke taught her well, and she would mould Taka in a similar fashion. If successful, she’d have her own unwavering knight, and if she failed - he’d be fodder for the succubus whore, Advencia.

As Scarlet descended the final step and rounded the corner, the flickering illumination of the single lantern she held cast an eerie light upon the residents of the lower sanctum.Her own face was cast in shadow, pale and greyed skin taking on an almost sickly appearance in the light. Her eyes darkened by the tainted corruption that corsed deep within her being, stained veins littered her face and exposed skin. She wore a long, crimson gown. Once belonging to Lichensith Ulrokes former lover. It’s sleeves covered her arms and the hem kissed the dirtied floor. Her presence illicit a few moans of discontent, but beyond that the prisoners were too far beaten, gone, or dead to otherwise object.

Scarlet passed these, until she stood in front of the cage that housed Taka. “Hello, ronin.” She said, her voice smooth and calculating. “I trust you find your stay comfortable?”

The Ronin shifted, his kimono dirtied from the detritus of the cell, acknowledging her presence. He cleared his throat, his voice gravelly, “How can I serve Amari-sama?”

Her lips turned down into a dissatisfied frown. “Scarlet.” She corrected, “address me appropriately.”

He nodded, “My apologies, Scarlet-sama.”

“Mmm. Tell me ronin, what do you desire?” Scarlet asked as she slid a finger along the cold iron bars, she inspected it and sighed, as she wiped the dirt off on the sleeve of her dress.

“I desire what any warrior of Akashima desires, to serve,” He replied.

Scarlet was not satisfied with the answer. “You’re saying what I want to hear.” She chastised, as she flicked her wrist, and a small key on a chain fell out from under her sleeve. “I don’t think you truly believe that, ronin.” Scarlet unlocked the cell and pulled the iron door open. “But you will. In time. Follow me.”