Dark Crimson
    Eye Color
    Emerald, yellow ring around iris
    Job
    Crimson Hand 2IC

View Profile

The Second Day, Reprise

Mature Content warning: Strong Sexual themes, drugging

The sky was still awash in tones of midnight blue, the sun barely rising above the horizon. WIth every breath heated condensation appeared before the woman. Goosebumps prickled her skin. She was dead to emotions, not to the cold. Her footsteps left deep crevices in the freshly fallen snow. There had been a small blizzard last night, and the entire sanctum shook as the winds howled through the lesser insulated cabins.

Scarlet returned to the log cabin, carrying a small wooden bucket filled with soft, white wash cloths, various lotions and oils. Behind her was Advencia who was dragging a large wooden crate behind her, rather begrudgingly.

“Why do have to carry this!?” She huffed, painted red lips in a firm pout.

“Because, if I am being honest, you are physically stronger than me.”

As expected, Advencia puffed out her chest and offered Scarlet a proud smirk. “I know your game, Mistress, but I’ll take the compliment just the same.”

Scarlet gave Advencia a wry smile, “Of course, I could say I want you to work for your meal, or perhaps remind you of your place, but I find with you.. Flattery works best.” Scarlet stopped in front of the barred door to the log cabin. She readjusted the small bucket in her grip as she hefted up the iron bar, allowing it to fall to the snow with a muted ‘thump’

“Remember, no more than a few years off his life. I have little need for a ronin who will die sooner than his use for me expires.” Scarlet warned. She had discussed with Advencia the day prior, what her intentions were for Taka, and that Advencia being the succubus she was - could have her fill of the ronin. She was not to take his life, that would only occur if Taka proved completely useless.

Scarlet pushed open the door, frowning in disappointment as she saw him curled up in a shivering mess under the mattress. “I suppose thats one way to keep yourself from dying.” She said flatly as she headed toward the tub, she set the bucket down and began to open up some of the bottles, throwing in loose salts to the bottom of the washtub.

Taka rose pushing the mattress off himself and swung his legs over the edge. He carefully checked himself for frostbite, “It was a bit cold last night.”

“Unlike you, I didn’t have the luxury of a mattress, just a floor.” She didn’t care about his plight. “You’ll live, and if you don’t - the boars will eat well.”

Advencia silently set about her own tasks. She opened up the chest and pulled out several logs and headed toward the fireplace. She placed the logs, paper and flint, and within a few moments, the hearth was crackling with a small flame that would grow to warm the entire cabin.

“I feel I may have tackled things incorrectly yesterday, Ronin.” Scarlet said as she watched Advencia then pull out a large bucket of water, she shifted to the tub and poured the smaller bucket into it before leaving the cabin to fetch more water.

“You are a man who has little needs, and I have taken what little things you need away from you. What kind of host would I be, if I did not ensure the safety of my guest, hmm?”

“It is not my place to question my charge’s actions. As you have been so kind as to remind me,” He said stiffly.

There was the briefest hint of an amused smile upon her lips as Scarlet pushed herself off the tub, ignoring the succubus as she poured another bucket into it. “You speak the right words, but I can’t help but feel you don’t mean them.” Scarlet headed toward the large chest and pulled out a iron handled coal holder. She checked it, clicking open the button in the handle. It was filled with black stones. She headed toward the fireplace and nestled the stones into the hearth to heat them up.

“You will be bathed today, the water will take a moment to heat up. In the meantime….” her black and red eyes rose up to meet Taka’s cautious gaze. “Are you hungry?”

“If I am to eat, I shall eat,” He said simply standing as he managed to escape frostbite for the night. He carefully stretched as he looked to the two women in his cabin.

Scarlet pulled out an assortment of food, lavish, and grand. Crusty bread, jam, softened butter, meat that still steamed with warmth, leaking juices and blood. Eggs, cooked a variety of ways. Scarlet set them all down about her before gesturing Taka to join. “Come. Eat.”

As if to show the food was not tainted she picked up a slice of bread and buttered it, before placing a slice of steaming ham onto it. She bit into it and chewed slowly, watching his movement.
    Last edited by Mari; 07-05-17 at 11:50 AM.
    (23:17:08) BlackAndBlueEyes: Everything's coming up Lyehouse