Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile

Quarterfinals: Zieg dil' Tulfried v Asukastrikes

Round 3 will begin at 12 AM EST on Friday, April 7th. Good Luck!

GP

Name
    Asuka Murakama
    Race
    Human (Akashiman)
    Hair Color
    Copper
    Eye Color
    Light Emerald Green
    Build
    5'10"/120 lbs.
    Job
    Vagabond

Under the ivory stare of the vigilant lunar Goddess, a tiny shadow trudged up the rugged stone path towards an immense monolith which taunted her stature with its own. The rustic cobblestone fortress loomed over a rolling plain just southeast of Serenti - the place where Asuka had been waiting for the elven vampire in the previous match. Dark clouds were nowhere to hide the Moon's glorious shine across the deserted landscape though a few stray feathery formations whipped by across the starry sky, their eerie shadows fleeting across the wind-combed terrain.

Ignoring the absolutely serene landscape in order to focus on the task at hand, the red-hair Akashiman stroke the handle of Kazeryu, making sure it had not been left on the way out of the rundown inn. This was a fight she would have to give her all. A fight that might as well be the one thing that can make or break her soul. If she was to succeed in tracking down a target as elusive as her supposed Doppleganger, the lass thought as she glanced up at the gigantic ramparts and demonic windows, having her name known among the populace would certainly make it easier to keep tabs on her target's whereabouts.

~~~

"Hey! You two!"

The clearly feminine voice rang over the din of the Rochen's Ale Hut with surprising vigor, causing half the patrons to go silent as well as the tavern music players. Two scruffy-looking men to which the voice was addressing, however, were too busy guzzling down frothy golden drinks at the bar. Their merriment didn't last long when the rough-looking lass stepped up behind them and snatched away the iron mugs from their droopy hands.

"He, hey~! What'tada big ideah?" One of them spoke up, glancing towards the unwelcomed party crasher.

"Wha? you godda problam wid us'erz?" His cohort joined in, sporting a comical goatee and matching green tunic that contoured his muscular frame like the man's second skin. However, both went silent and almost instantly sober when they met the cold glare of the red-head Akashiman they met that one time outside Serenti.

"Don't even think about going anywhere, Zando and Roland." Asuka stared the two men down. To the amazement of many people within the rundown tavern, the squeamish men sat back down in their respective seats quietly.

"Aw, c'mon, Miss Asuka." Zando pleaded, "We didn't know da vampy Arawn wudn't gonna show up."

The only response they got was an uninterested eyeroll. "Jeez, you two are so slow. I have an errand I need you to do." The swordsmaiden stated and produced a roll of parchment. "Take this to a guy by the name Zieg dil' Tulfreid. He's my next opponent in the Serenti and I DON'T want a no-show from him."

"Z-z-z-z... Zieg...!" the one with the goatee stammered and looked visibly shaken the instant he heard the name of Asuka's next opponent. "Z-z-z... THE Zieg dil' Tulfried?!? The Demon General of Haidia?!?"

While Zando went pale like a sheet and all Roland could do was gawk at the parchment in his hand, the Akashiman shrugged nonchalantly and blink. "Yeah. That's him. Is there a problem?"

~~~

The place hadn't changed one bit... Asuka noted as she strode down the moonlit promenade, stepping over the few piles of fallen suits of armour which had toppled over while she was waiting for her previous opponent, Arawn. The tapestry hung loose on only a nail by the far side of the wall, creasing the old man's toothy grin into a maniacal sneer. Jeez, this place is creepy to no ends. Asuka couldn't help but rub her bare shoulders uncontrollably as the sound of her boots beating against the granite interior echoed down the halls.

Historically, this ancient mansion belonged to a very wealthy family of aristocrats and among the richest of the merchant class during the first few years after Radasanth had returned to his homeland. The scarlet velvet armchair and expensive, albiet rusted and tarnished kitchenware and candleholders reminiscing the establishment's former glory. A few gigantic painting remained within the halls, featuring the entire family and close relatives. Walking past a picture of two beautiful little girls seated side by side with who appeared to be their mother, the swrdsmaiden paused transfixed to the spot as her eyes roamed the oil painting portrait.

The red-hair girl stared hard at the dust-laden oil painting, picking out the minute detail long obscured by the force of Time with her emerald eyes. This is... Coarse, callous fingers reached out and lightly brushed away a portion of the fine layer of dust awau from the artwork to reveal the weathered colors hidden behind the light brown veil. The two girls, both in their best billowing dress and matching frilly Sunday hats, held tight to the skirt of their beloved mother's dress as the matron hugged her daughters' shoulders. Those warm, soft hands falling lightly upon each girl's sleeves while the three of them smiled peacefully at the gawking wanderer. The three ladies, now either dead or reborn, seemed to ignore the tiny speck of tear escaping the corner of Asuka's face. Like they never cared if the unfortunate Akashiman was hurt deeply by their timely mockery of her own family.

"Stupid painting!" The lass hollered at the top of her lungs, unsheathing the steel bladed Death in a flash and impaling it deep into the bosom of the Mother, driving the sword halfway into the crack between the dark granite blocks lining the wall behind the painting. Panting steadily now, the angry swordsmaiden glared into the emotionless eyes of the beautiful lady standing there oblivious to the poor girl's actions. "I'll show you..."

Followed by the sound of steel against stone, Asuka withdrew Kazeryu and carefully drove it back into its sheath. Without batting another eye, the bitter girl trudged away towards the far end of the corridor leading back to the other hallway. She was not about to let some stupid painting get the better of her emotions now that she was going to face off against the infamous High General of the Haidian Demon Army. Not this stupid painting.

"...I don't need a stinkin' family..."
    Last edited by AsukaStrikes; 04-11-06 at 01:37 AM.
    Hel hath no Fury like that of a Pissed off Redhead

The Demon Knight
    EXP: 40,922, Level: 7
    Level completed: 66%, EXP required for next level: 3,078
    Level completed: 66%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,078
    GP

Name
    Zieg dil' Tulfried
    Race
    Haidian
    Hair Color
    Crimson
    Eye Color
    Blood Red
    Build
    6'4" / 290 lbs
    Job
    High General of the Haidian Army in Haidia

((Takes place after Of Kings and Killers))

Zieg dil' Tulfried sat silently, staring at numerous reports from the Unknown Regions of Haidia. He sighed and ran a hand through his shoulder long crimson locks. Too many things were going on in Haidia, and as High General of the Demon Army, he had to deal with every single one of them. Even more so now with the king assassinated and a minor on the throne, he was having to organize both aspects of the nation.

He picked up a map of the furthest explored regions of Haidia and compared the reports to the map. He marked down a few places of interest, mostly where scouts had discovered dwarven encampments. The dwarven attacks had become much more frequent now that the king was dead and Zieg was amazed at how many there truly were in the underground region. He had never thought there would be so many after such a short time since the demons had arrived in Haidia.

A brisk knock on the wooden door of his office pulled the general from his thoughts and he replied with a simple, "Enter." Through the opening door came a slender demon in full body armor of red titanium body armor. Adorned upon his armor was a general's rank emblem, a recent requirement of the Demon Army.

"Ah, Johannan, welcome. Please sit down." Zieg motioned to a leather chair that sat across from him on the other side of the desk. Johannan smiled and shook his head.

"Thank you, Zieg, but I will not be staying. I just came to inform you that all preparations are complete for your extended leave. Zaketh is managing the troop placement, while I will handle your day to day duties. Haidia will run as if you were not even gone."

Zieg sat back, puzzled. "I appreciate your concern, General, but I was not aware that I was going anywhere at all."

"Do you not remember, sir? The third round of the Serenti Invitational will begin shortly. We received notice from two bumbling idiots a few days ago. Your opponent is one Asuka Murakama, a nineteen year old human girl who wields a longsword. I thought you had been informed."

"Apparantly not. I had completely forgotten about the Serenti. I hope this girl gives me a bit more of a challenge than my last two opponents did." Zieg stood and grabbed his helmet from a corner table. "Thank you for making the preparations for my departure. I will go pack, then Kaza, Xeppa, and I will leave immediately."

~~~~~~

When Zieg finally arrived at the arena that had been designated for his battle, he found found it very much to his liking. It was an old mansion that had nearly collapsed from disuse, though several paintings and old furniture still remained in the place. As he walked down the broad main hallway to the dining hall, he saw picture after picture of who he assumed were former owners of the residence.

"Creepy," was all Zieg chose to say about the place. Xeppa and Kaza, who followed close behind, did not reply. It was no matter, they were not here to enjoy the scenary, they were here to fight. As Zieg opened the door to the dining hall and stepped through, he cleared his mind of all trivialities and prepared himself for the task at hand.

((I put us in the dining hall since you did not specify where you were. If there is a problem, send me a PM.))
    ~7~

"The one who does not have the courage to look at the truth is called a coward. A coward is afraid..."

GP

Name
    Asuka Murakama
    Race
    Human (Akashiman)
    Hair Color
    Copper
    Eye Color
    Light Emerald Green
    Build
    5'10"/120 lbs.
    Job
    Vagabond

The cresent moon glowed from the pitch-black sky outside, washing the corridor with soft, white light. Heaving a sigh, Asuka continued down the hall all the while nervously gripping Kazeryu in anticipation of her opponent's appearance.

Zieg dil' Tulfried... the Demon General... what kind of person is this guy? The endless corridor stretched into the darkness, always leading her on. Slowly, the inky abyss took on vague shapes and texture, revealing yet another world not so many humans have the luxury to enjoy. A smile crept across Asuka's tensed face. [i]Finally. At least I can see a bit in this creepy place[i] Unlit lanterns rested idly along both walls leading towards a large nyhon door intricately carved with the wild rose motif. The tarnished brass handle felt smooth and cold, a familiar touch which reminded her of Zerith's spiked gauntlet which dug into her shoulder.

The bandaged wounds on her thigh and shoulder had healed nicely, leaving only small scars where metal met flesh. The doc's concoction worked like a charm, Asuka smirked, hearing the steady click clack of metal on stone coming echoing down the hall. Well, looks like that guy is finally here...

~~~

“Well. Hello, hello. Nice of you to show up.”

Leaned against the large door on the opposite side of the dining hall, Asuka glanced up and down the figure walking casually through the opened doorway. Lit only by tiny beams of moonlight coming through a gigantic window, the white sheets covering paintings and furnitures shone with ethereal aura. Frilly curtains hung limp within the roomy dinig hall, yet for some reason Asuka felt an irresistible chill run down her spine.

Her opponent, the renown Demon High General of the Haidian Demon Army, was standing before her along with his two familiars. Clad in imposing armor that blended with the night, the Demon High General looked every ounce as legend had spoken of. His face remained hidden within the safety of the spiked helmet, untouched by the shining ray.

Trying to keep a straight face, the Akashiman swordsmaiden took a short stride towards her opponent, all the while remaining within the shadows of the curtain. thrity yards… plenty of room by my standards…

“I heard that you’re a demon of sort, though I must say you look rather… smallish.” She attempted a weak chuckle, but most of the sound was swallowed by her own throat. “But it’s an honor that you made it. My last opponent never showed up, so I’m expecting more from you.”

Well, the time for pleasantries are over…

“It’s a pleasure meeting you, Oh, Great Zieg dil’ Tulfried. I’ve heard many rumors about you.” Wasting no time, Kazeryu slid out of its sheath effortlessly and at the ready – its blade running parallel to its wielder’s arm. “In case you’re curious, my name’s Murakama Asuka. Don’t wear it out.”

There was nothing left to lose for Asuka. She had already found out her “target” had in fact not even showed up at the Serenti Registration Center. It was such a pity, but this lass wasn’t about to give up something she had started on her own. Not without a fight.
    Hel hath no Fury like that of a Pissed off Redhead

Administrator
    EXP: 81,363, Level: 12
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 8,637
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,637
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    Zieg's writing style was slightly better, but Asuka had more character in her brief posts. Since both of you neglected to post for about an equal time, character determined this battle.

Asukastrikes advances to the semi-finals.