Who: You, the players of Althanas. Althanaversary will be able to accomodate up to 32 players.

What: Althanaversary, the new January tournament to celebrate 5 years of Althanas.

Where: All Althanaversary-related registration threads and tournament threads will take place in this forum.

When: Registration for Althanaversary will begin on Friday, January 19th, at 12 A.M. E.S.T. The first 32 players who register will be enrolled in the tournament.

Why: Because we rule.

How (The Rules): Althanaversary is a one-on-one tournament where players get to choose the match-ups. When players register, they must choose to be in one of four brackets (Bracket I, II, III, or IV) - those players who register earliest will have their choice of brackets but will be unsure of who else is in it, while those who register latest may have less brackets to choose from but a better knowledge of who is in their bracket. Once registration has ended, players will then have 3 days to essentially create the match-ups in one of their brackets, and submit them to the tournament host. Players may choose any bracket to create match-ups in, but they can only submit ONE bracket. It need not be their own. 4 brackets will be chosen at random (one for each group of players), and the round will begin, at which point it will be a standard one-on-one battle. This process will continue up to the final round. BRACKETS ARE NOT REQUIRED - you need not make one to participate.

Because this is rather complicated, allow me to illustrate:

------------------------
Cyrus the Virus, Santhalas, Witchblade, Serilliant, hamnat, Slayer of the Rot, Ira Shinkara, and Dante are all in Bracket I. Santhalas, looking for an early advantage and an easy first round, makes the bracket he submits the following:

Santhalas vs. Serilliant
Cyrus the Virus vs. Witchblade
hamnat vs. Dante
Slayer of the Rot vs. Ira Shinkara.

Santhalas's bracket is chosen, so the match-ups he selected will occur in the first round. He easily wins his battle against Serilliant, and advances along with Witchblade, hamnat, and Ira Shinkara.
-------------------------

The winner of the tournament will receive 3,000 GP and 40% of the EXP required to go up a level (or 2,000 EXP, whichever amount is the larger).

So with that said, are there any questions?