Race
    Apparently Human
    Hair Color
    Silky Black
    Eye Color
    Eerie Blue
    Build
    5'7" / ?? lbs.

I compiled a list of maps in another thread, but I'll put it back up here. If anyone wants to make their own maps, you can use these as references without having to dig through the site. IT was painful enough on my own, I don't want other people to go through that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxis View Post
    Here are all the maps I know of.

Althanas

Alerar

Salvar

Raiaera

Fallien, Corone and Scara Brae

Some don't match the general overview of Althanas (notably, Salvar which looks way thinner) but it should give you a general idea. Otherwise, for the descriptions, look in each Region's stickies with titles that refer to geography.

You're lucky I looked for all of them for my solo.

I'm Mr. White Christmas!
    EXP: 55,856, Level: 9
    Level completed: 17%, EXP required for next level: 9,144
    Level completed: 17%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,144
    GP

Name
    Ashiakin Azzarak
    Race
    Demon
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'0''/170lbs
    Job
    Spymaster

I never noticed it before, but the positioning of Salvar/Alerar/Raiaera on that map is pretty off... Salvar should only have a southern border with Alerar. Raiaera should be to the southeast of Alerar and have no border with Salvar. And Salvar is too thin.
    "The problem with escapism is that when you read or write a book, society is in the chair with you. You can't escape your history or your culture. So the idea that because fantasy books aren't about the real world, they therefore 'escape,' is ridiculous. Even the most surreal and bizarre fantasy can't help but reverberate around the reader's awareness of their own reality." -- China MiƩville

Former Regions Administrator, Former Salvar Writer

GP

Name
    Rajani Aishwara
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Dark Brown
    Build
    5'10" / 140 lbs
    Job
    Entrepreneur

That's not to mention the Tular Plains is all out of date, but like Serillant said this is all being worked on. Still it's good to know where things are.
    Entrepreneur - a person who organizes and manages any enterprise, esp. a business, usually with considerable initiative and risk.

Cast & Crew of The Peregrine
    Captain - Rajani Aishwara
    First Mate - Aton Mira
    Helmswoman - Tiberia Natalya
    Head Cook - Mohana Colville
    Deck Hand - Gaius Dove

EXP: 17,590, Level: 5
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 2,410
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,410
    GP

Name
    Elena Alexi Nito
    Race
    half human / half vampire
    Hair Color
    black with bloodred highlights
    Eye Color
    chocolate
    Build
    Height- 5'1" / Slender
    Job
    N/A

If members that are visibly familiar and active with a certain region, perhaps they could be deputized as sub continent writers to assist the main continent writer. With Mod or Admin approval of course. Such as working with the history and regional information the content writer has started and writes out additions that the continent writer may or may not use at history her discretion.

That may help ease the strain on the continent writer and hasten the completion of incomplete continents.
    In a real dark night of the soul it is always three o'clock in the morning, day after day.

F. Scott Fitzgerald (1896 - 1940)

EXP: 1,200, Level: 1
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 800
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 800
    GP

Name
    Doji Ki
    Race
    nine tails
    Hair Color
    jet black hair and fur, silver tips on the tails
    Eye Color
    Violet
    Build
    the tails add some weight
    Job
    kenshi

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlit Raven View Post
    If members that are visibly familiar and active with a certain region, perhaps they could be deputized as sub continent writers to assist the main continent writer. With Mod or Admin approval of course. Such as working with the history and regional information the content writer has started and writes out additions that the continent writer may or may not use at history her discretion.

That may help ease the strain on the continent writer and hasten the completion of incomplete continents.
    I like that idea, also it'll make the continents more varied too. I think the biggest problem with most the regions is they mostly feel like a single nation with set ways and if there were sub writers then there would be more options in a region and might increase the popularity of the non-Corone regions.
    Voted 2006's Cutest character yay I won an award^^

God bless me I'm a free man
    With no place free to go- Neko Case

level 6

I'm Mr. White Christmas!
    EXP: 55,856, Level: 9
    Level completed: 17%, EXP required for next level: 9,144
    Level completed: 17%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,144
    GP

Name
    Ashiakin Azzarak
    Race
    Demon
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'0''/170lbs
    Job
    Spymaster

To a certain extent, people who are very active/interested in regions are already rewarded like that by writers. I'm all for that sort of thing as long as the player's material is approved by the main writer of the region. On this note, though, I think it's important to bring up the fact that more writers within a region will inevitably result in less cohesion and structure (which I don't mind as long as it isn't a mess.)
    "The problem with escapism is that when you read or write a book, society is in the chair with you. You can't escape your history or your culture. So the idea that because fantasy books aren't about the real world, they therefore 'escape,' is ridiculous. Even the most surreal and bizarre fantasy can't help but reverberate around the reader's awareness of their own reality." -- China MiƩville

Former Regions Administrator, Former Salvar Writer

EXP: 17,010, Level: 5
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next level: 2,990
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,990
    GP

Name
    Atzar Kellon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Long Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1" 180 lbs.
    Job
    Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
    I like that idea, also it'll make the continents more varied too. I think the biggest problem with most the regions is they mostly feel like a single nation with set ways and if there were sub writers then there would be more options in a region and might increase the popularity of the non-Corone regions.
    They are single nations, for the most part... aren't they?

I don't think added diversity would solve anything; rather, I think it would just make each region more complicated because there would be more info to dig through. Althanas has always (to my knowledge) been this way. Want magic? Raiaera. Want guns? Alerar. Fallien is the desert with cool glass weaponry, you can own your own personal land in Salvar, and Corone... well, anything can happen in Corone. Dheathain and Istraloth will/do have their own quirks. Each region has its own benefits that draw people to it.

Keep in mind that this option-crazy Corone isn't so much due to its sub-regions. What does it have? Akashima, Radasanth and Concordia, for the most part. Most, if not all, of the other regions have similar areas. The big advantage Corone has is every character fits in there in some way, so it requires minimal effort to write a character with the given information.

GP

Name
    Rajani Aishwara
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Dark Brown
    Build
    5'10" / 140 lbs
    Job
    Entrepreneur

Quote Originally Posted by Atzar Kellon
    The big advantage Corone has is every character fits in there in some way, so it requires minimal effort to write a character with the given information.
    Here's where I'd like to turn the tables a bit. Instead of requesting something of the administration I'd like to request something of the players. Stop clinging on to Corone. We wouldn't be worrying about dead regions if everyone just stopped making excuses for attempting to branch out. I once told Chidori that I didn't have an IC reason to be in Alerar and he called me a "lazy cowardly pussy who couldn't write his way out of a paper bag". There was more to him bitching me out, but by the end of the conversation I saw his point, and now I have a hard time swallowing that excuse from others. Now I'm not going out on a limb to say that about everyone who sticks to Corone, but face it. He's somewhere in the ballpark of being right. Why do we make that excuse so often when we're asked to do something outside of Corone? Because...

(A) We have to take some time and effort to imagine our character somewhere else. (laziness)

(B) We run the risk of discontinuity with the established canon. (cowardice)

Basically if we want to see an end to the constant in and out of regional forums then we need to give them our activity and stop using Corone as a crutch.
    Entrepreneur - a person who organizes and manages any enterprise, esp. a business, usually with considerable initiative and risk.

Cast & Crew of The Peregrine
    Captain - Rajani Aishwara
    First Mate - Aton Mira
    Helmswoman - Tiberia Natalya
    Head Cook - Mohana Colville
    Deck Hand - Gaius Dove

GP

Name
    Raven Adventwings
    Race
    Felisionne
    Hair Color
    Raven Black
    Eye Color
    Deep Brown
    Build
    6 ft / 143 lbs.
    Job
    Fighter Pilot - MIA

@ Rajani: Touche`. A tad harsh, but I agree.

OK, me stop spamming now.
    The year's at the spring,
    And day's at the morn;
    Morning's at seven;
    The hill-side's dew-pearled;
    The lark's on the wing;
    The snail's on the thorn;

God's in his Heaven - All's right with the world...

~Pippa Passes; by Robert Browning

GP

Name
    Chidori Astram Draconid
    Race
    Deity (human form)
    Hair Color
    Orchid Black
    Eye Color
    Starburst Grey
    Build
    5'9 140 lbs
    Job
    Meddler (hehe)

I didn't inted on words like that to reach the eyes of Althanas. Me and Rajani are roomates and good friends, so I can take the liberty to talk to him like that just as he can.

Nevertheless I'm not taking any of it back.
    Belief is a beautiful armor
    But makes for the heaviest sword
    Like punching under water
    You never can hit who you're trying for

Some meet the exhibition and
    Some have to know they tried
    It's the chemical weapon
    For the war that's raging on inside

-John Mayer Belief

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789