Awake, Arise, or be forever Fallen!

John Milton - Paradise Lost, Book 1, Line 330
You need a woman.

Queen's voice had once been the voice of a demon Queen, the likes of whom had yet to be seen again on Althanas. Natamrael Nito had been the keeper of a muse's voice, and her reincarnation in the form of a finch was no different. The bird's song was especially beautiful, and when she spoke within Kor's mind, he found himself calmed and far more aware than he would have like to have been. No matter how beautiful the bird's vocals were, he hated her. He hated her advice most of all.

"A leader of a Slut nation would say that sort of thing," he growled at her as they sat in a small cave in Radasanth's foothills. "That's all you ever think about, is someone to fuck."

I have found that flattery works better that vulgarity, the little bird sniffed as she settled on a rock across from the Drow man. While she despised him far more than he might ever know, she didn't like to see the way he greeted each dawn. He had a middle-finger response to life, and while she knew he would never be a kind, loving man, it was the Moontae within her that knew that each living creature wanted at least some kind of affection in their life. Maybe, she thought with relish, he'd find a woman as crazy as he was, and they'd end up killing each other. His death was both a comfort and a fear for the bird, for even as she would be relieved if his cruel thoughts no longer stalked the ether of this world, she wasn't sure what would happen to her if he did die.

"I've found you can kill two birds with one stone." he finally said, standing as much as their hovel would allow. He hitched his dark denim trousers up on one side where they had been exposing a hip bone and threatening to show even more. While his well-toned form was nice to look at, the hate that lurked behind his pumpkin orange eyes was too haunting for the rest of the work-of-art that was the man to be properly enjoyed. As he released his cascade of silver hair down his back and again went about securing it at the nape of his neck in the neat knot that the night's tossing and turning had undone, he kicked out. A flurry of pebbled rushed towards Queen and she flew out of the cave, with the crackle of falling stones behind her, riding on the tide of Kor's laughter. When his voice had died down, and he emerged into the bright sunlight that filtered through the sparse tree-cover that ringed their cave, she returned to him, settling on a branch above him.

You act like a beast. I can't think of any other man who might need a woman more than you do.

She watched as he shrugged, staring at the horizon. A flock of gulls could be seen, circling the ports that were hidden by the treeline. The sounds of sailors and birds alike had been coming to them faintly through the morning. Finally, Kor scratched his chin and nodded.

"Perhaps you're right, Queen. And I think we have spent too much time on Raiaera as it is. We will leave tonight."

Where are we going? she said, unable to contain her curiousity.

"An old Sanctuary of mine."