Thread: A Solo Podcast, Are you Kidding me?

EXP: 46,192, Level: 8
    Level completed: 22%, EXP required for next level: 7,808
    Level completed: 22%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,808
    GP

Name
    Sir Leopold Lord Stevens, Esq.
    Race
    human
    Hair Color
    brown
    Eye Color
    green
    Build
    6'2"/210 lbs
    Job
    Duke of Marlborough, Generalissimo of the Entente of the Light, King-in-exile of Salvar

A Solo Podcast, Are you Kidding me?

I've recorded a podcast.

Check it out and give me feedback!

Daonnan Caillte
    EXP: 79,284, Level: 12
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next level: 10,716
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next level: 10,716
    GP

Name
    Karuka O'Sheean
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Red
    Eye Color
    Sun and Sky Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Adventurer

View Profile
    I hear a new level of boredom in your podcast.
    The Karu knows.

GP

Name
    Tyria
    Race
    Exile demon
    Hair Color
    red
    Eye Color
    red
    Build
    you'll weigh less if you keep asking
    Job
    Treasure hunter

actually it wasn't too bad. sure all three of you together has a nice chemestry and overall works better, but you stayed more on the facts and didn't end up just talking about you're own plotlines, which did happen on occasion though thankfully not to often.

The facts on Gisela was not bad, I do agree about the soldiers dying thing. I just don't see people risking their life for some dude to win a big prize, at least with a life returning deal it makes more since for them to fight for the player.

heh you have me thinking about making a podcast if I get bored or something^^

other than that you misprounced my account. Reiko's pronounced ray-ko.
    Smarter than your average demon.

Ammo:

lesser Wand of fire 5/5

lesser Wand of lightning 4/5

GP

Name
    Santhalas
    Race
    Elven
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'4/200 Pds.

Leopold,

It might be helpful to include a few short lines in your post about the topics the Podcast is covering. That way, if people want to go through and listen to more then one podcast, they can get an idea of what to expect.
    -The Althanas Chief Administrator and Editor

GP

Name
    Thomas Saxon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1''/201 lbs.
    Job
    Hunter

Interesting.. if not.. quiet. Be sure to up the volume a little more next time, I had to turn off the air conditioner and the television just to hear you, and I'm guessing its because you were trying to be quiet? Nonetheless, I'm glad you stuck to the issues this time and not steadily drift off like you all sometimes do.

The Gisela is kind've interesting, and its the second tournament I'm going to try to actively participate in. I understand what you're saying about underpowered troops, but when you think about it.. everyone's troops are substandard with the exception of heroes so it really doesn't make a difference. My biggest issue right now is whether or not guns are legal in this? I'm registering with some odd 200 of my army possessing those weapons in one form or another and I'm trying to be fair as possible. I hope it isn't as filled with red tape as normal quests seem to be (Although its clear to me that its mainly OOC opinion).

As for post-commentary.. it seems to be mainly aesthetic, so I guess it'd be okay as long as it wasn't strictly enforced. I don't mind listening to a judge tell me what I've done wrong and what not, but I guess doing it by voice is easier and harder at the same time then having to read it. *shrugs* Personal preference, maybe?

Tournaments are an interesting feature, mostly because its something that takes you away from the standard dipolmacy of writing on Althanas and into something more interesting. I've had major problems in the past willing myself to post.. which is hopefully behind me now.. but I can understand why people find it frustrating to write on Althanas some times. Meeting demands for other people in an arbitrary form for something that is supposed to be a hobby is hard to adjust to, I quit once because of it. Tournament participation isn't really an issue I've witnessed overall, but I've heard things about moderators being a little sluggish on running it, which I'm not sure whether or not that is true. Guess it depends on who you talk to.

I can't really remember anything else that you were talking about other then uhh.. podcasts.. yeah! I agree that'd be kinda fun to hear other people's voices, brings communities closer together sometimes. Would make the ventrilo/teamspeak option sort've an interesting concept to talk about next time, eh?

*wanders off to sit and wait for the registrations of the Gisela to open while merrily chomping away on a random snack*
    HEY! If you are judging or adding experience to a quest of mine, READ THIS!

~~Fibonacci's Tales ~~
    To Trump A Bluff.. (Best Quest of 2007)
    Almost Heroes

"To be evil is easy. It is far easier to destroy the light inside of someone then the darkness all around you." -The Night Watch

GP

Name
    Luryll K'Ou
    Race
    Elf
    Hair Color
    Coppery Auburn
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6'3" by 205lbs.
    Job
    Soldier of Fortune

Leopold, I readily accept your apology. Based on when this went up, I doubt I'd have been able to join in anyway. I don't know how easy it would be, but I think that I (and possibly many others) would have an easier time guesting in to podcasts if there was some easy way to splice a phone call into the recording. I doubt just put a mic next to a speakerphone would work, somehow.

I think audio commentary by the writers of threads would be much more interesting to listen to than commentary by the judges. The judges opinions are largely going to be encompassed by the score, and score commentary; I certainly don't think that the written version should be replaced or subverted by audio, which I fear may happen if judges see it as an option. Speaking is much easier than writing. In any case, it is the process of creation that most interests me.

I like the idea of the various armies getting smaller due to attrition as the tournament drags on. Rather than seeing it as a situation where the soldiers are letting themselves be killed for the sake of some schmuck in a tournament, I prefer to think that they are all being revived, but that their contracts only require them to suffer a maximum of one death. Once they die, they can leave the tournament with full pay. I also like the idea of the armies becoming increasingly mixed in the later rounds. I still won't be competing, though.

P.S. I agree with Santh on his point. A vague topic outline would be much helpful.

Ah, and a quick jump around the cast gives me the other topic I wanted to mention: an Althanas chat room. (As a side note, does anyone else find it odd that the built-in spell-check flags "Althanas" as being wrong?) I think it's a terrible idea and we should abandon it entirely.
    I like you. Behold "A Highly Typical Quest."
    I am trying real hard to recruit somebody for this battle.