Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Necromancer's Lab. (Treasure Hunt/Closed)

EXP: 5,976, Level: 3
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next level: 3,024
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,024
    GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Blue (Deeply inset eye-sockets, no eyeballs, only a glowing energy)
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    Surprised by the girl's strength, she nearly yanked his arm clean out of the socket! It was all that he could do in order to maintain a grip on his documents from the Church. He needed to keep everything in place so that nothing ended up lost. Such attention to detail made the small warrior an ideal puppet. The sights Lorenor saw were quite different from his native Corone. The moment they crossed the threshold into Salvar territory, the temperature dropped considerably. Lorenor felt grateful for the thick hides keeping most of the cold out of his person. He was also grateful for the thick leather he wore.

Lorenor quickly stuffed his documents into his travel packs, but not before making sure everything was in order. A snow-flurry fell from overhead in a straight line. The cold in this place was biting and Lorenor saw a frost cloud developing before his nose. He saw the town of Dagger's Edge protected by the archaic forced native to Salvar's people.

He hoped to one day gain enough influence within the higher echelons of the Church's power to obtain such knowledge himself. They were on the outskirts of Knife's Edge. Well known as a rogue's city, the boy prepared himself to become more business like. A time to "have fun" might come after they met up with their contact. Lorenor shot a glance quickly towards Tyria, his partner in this mad quest.

"We'll have time." The promise of a reward made Lorenor's heart race as he thought about what Tyria might have in mind for him. "We can explore the town after we've met our contact. We'll only get one shot at doing this right you know? Let's make a good showing of it. The faster we complete this task the higher my employers will pay us. I'll split the money with you fifty/fifty." Lorenor said moving his arm away from the strong girl. He looked down at his thick hide boots kicking at some snow for a moment grateful that they weren't anywhere near the notorious ice region.

The boy looked at the fortifications of the city. He saw a thick wall surrounding the huge town. Warmth generated from the city touched the air around it creating a strange sort of visual illusion. An aurora of energy touching the sky above the town. Lorenor guessed some mysterious power worked at this location to create such an energetic reaction. The aurora had a green, sometimes yellowish hue to it.

Lorenor shivered despite himself. The lights from the town lit everything well and above, Lorenor could see a thick blanket of clouds to block out any potential sunlight. Though, he was thankful that everything was dark anyway outside the town. Night fell everywhere. He looked at the sky for a moment, snow falling on his face and imagined where the Dark Mother's prison might be in the position of the stars. He looked over to the caravan and saw that they were already preparing themselves to continue to head further north.

Outposts lurked out there on the cold, unforgiving land that needed fresh supplies from Radasanth. Lorenor took another look at Tyria and decided once more that she looked incredibly beautiful. He nodded towards her and started walking through the thick snow waving towards the caravan's men once on the way. He was grateful for being an undead, his corpse like body could take a lot of physical abuse without much strain. He walked through the snow, hampered some, but not weighed down. Layers of snow already fell upon his person and he somehow knew that Tyria would follow him into the depths of hell.

Somehow, a strange sort of comfort rested with that fact.

GP

Name
    Tyria
    Race
    Exile demon
    Hair Color
    red
    Eye Color
    red
    Build
    you'll weigh less if you keep asking
    Job
    Treasure hunter

Outside was cold and getting even colder as the gray sky would simply grow a darker gray and even when the sun set they wouldn't go black and just keep to an iron gray color. Knife's edge was cold but there was something that the place was famous for and I had an idea...

But business came first and Lore already was offering me a cut down the middle for helping him with his business. It was nice of him, most people wouldn't give half a cut if it was their idea; I know I probably wouldn't. It was tempting to try and squeeze some extra money out of Lore but then again fifty percent would be the best I could hope for with the nicest of guys.

"Alright, so where's this contact?" I asked while following his foot steps. "He better not be some crazy person." I smiled and started to take in the sights and sounds of the snowy city. The place was a city of light and shadow, everywhere was either lit by a lantern or pitch dark. The scent of the place was subdued by the cold and making Knife's Edge on of the best smelling cities in the human world. To think that in summer it probably stank so bad that outsiders would have to hold their noses.

Of coarse there were places that would smell better and I wanted to head to one of them as soon as Business was concluded. Lore would do well to follow me, for he really needs to warm up a bit in more ways than one.
    Smarter than your average demon.

Ammo:

lesser Wand of fire 5/5

lesser Wand of lightning 4/5

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    Stopping his trek towards the custom's area of Knife's Edge, whatever passed for a custom's area anyway, the boy pushed onwards through the snow. They were still on the outskirts of the city, not quite in the city wall itself. On the bank of snow several tents and small shelters were erected to resupply caravans making their way further North. Lorenor was glad he wasn't joining any of those groups this time. The snow came in from the East.

Making his way through the deep snow took some effort, and the boy fell down a couple of times. He helped himself up each time with great difficulty. Already, snow caked inside his thick hides. Lorenor shivered as he made his way towards the check-point traveling the couple of yards from the caravan's position. He took a glance back at the caravan wishing they were heading back towards Radasanth. For a moment, he wanted to flee from the scene but the thought of reward made him want to persevere.

Soon, after a few more stumbles through the snow, the boy found himself upon the check-point into the city. He looked back once to be sure that Tyria was still with him. The nimble footed lass might fair better than he. He looked up at a man in a small structure with a gate covering a window sized area. The structure was made of some metal that Lorenor couldn't readily identity.

"We've been waiting for you. The Church already told of us of your arrival with the Caravan." A burly Salvar man said. "Just move along and enter the city, try not to fall down too much on the snow." The Salvarn said with a jovial smile. Lorenor nodded and kept going past the check-point area. The young immortal made his way into Knife's Edge, slowly, but surely.

GP

Name
    Tyria
    Race
    Exile demon
    Hair Color
    red
    Eye Color
    red
    Build
    Job
    Treasure hunter

The town was rather easy to get into. That silly check point seemed to know Lore and let us through without much a thought. I'm sure it'd be better than to be searched, girls tended to get more thorough and undignified methods of detection. So I was quite relieved that we had little trouble getting in.

Well it was a little odd really that we didn't have much trouble the whole way. I mean even the caravan should have gotten angry for us simply lounging around and eating their food and drink but nothing came of it.

I smiled at Lore and wondered what he was doing to get such a nice treatment. "The Church, eh?They seem to be pretty nice to us. I guess if you were human they'd give you a private carriage with satin seats." I turned a grin. "I hold you to the promise of fifty-fifty."

The nice thing about being in such a cold place was the lack of people at night. Only the guards were out and about, complaining about the cold. I'd complain too but it was the time to find out what this job would entail. "So, which way, partner?" I asked hoping it wouldn't be long.

Ammo:

lesser Wand of fire 5/5

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    Lorenor didn't seem to notice any special treatment he was getting. He only hitched a ride with that caravan through his Gol'bron connections. The rest of it seemed like pure luck to the creature. Still though it was odd that the check point guy let him through. He noticed that much and looked back at the so called security area. It seemed fairly vacant compared to what passed for security patrol inside Knife's Edge.

For a city where everything and anything went, Knife's Edge seemed well patrolled at all times. The fiefs in charged of Knife's Edge provided enough funds for a decent security force. Somehow, the political situation here reminded Lorenor of Haidia. The guards lazily patrolled while certain things, like slavery, was allowed to go on underneath their very noses. People in the right places were paid off by the various factions of thieves in charged of this area and Lorenor felt a sudden urge to join one of these gangs for even more protection in Salvar. Lorenor already obtained the beginnings of a small fortune but in time that might grow steadily. He always took mercenaries jobs like these.

Lorenor's senses were bombarded by the sights, smells and sounds of Knife's Edge. He was impressed that groups of people were still conducting business even at this strange hour of the day. Looking up, Lorenor was glad that the thick layer of clouds, forever passing overhead, blocked out the sun completely enveloping Salvar in a sort of eternal night. Such a place seemed ideal for one like Lorenor who had to hide from the sun. Remembering where he had to go from a previous visit to Salvar, the boy made his way towards one of the many shady tavern establishments. Even with an artificial control mechanisms in place to keep the snow out, snow covered the floor, several inches thick.

Overtime, Lorenor got used to walking through the thick pile of snow. His legs struggled as he hiked. The buildings in this particular district of Knife's Edge reminded him of Radasanth's Slum District. Architecture in Salvar completely revolved around the desire to stay warm. Buildings were made out of a kind of combination of iron and steel. Kept shaped in a sort of off center cube, each of the buildings housed several floors and several apartments on each floor. A single building might contain several different families living within them. Either permanent or temporary residents.

Knife's Edge had a well placed social structure. A sort of constant tug-of-war for power was in place by the various gangs and sects that controlled most of the power. The local police encouraged such an outlaw mentality but punished those harshly who allowed themselves to get caught. Lorenor found the structure he was looking for, a Tavern called The Gorgon's Eye. He slipped a few times on the way there knowing that Tyria followed. He ignored her reminder about splitting the reward money with her. He already made the promise to his ally, there was no need for a reminder. Though Lorenor was a greedy bastard, he was one who kept his word.

Standing in front of the establishment, he looked upon it for a long moment and waited for Tyria to catch up. "We're here." Lorenor said. He found it strange how comfortable he felt in Salvar. He rarely got lost and seemed to know quite a bit more about the land than he really should. It was almost like he'd been to Salvar in a past life...was that even possible?

Lorenor would find out soon enough.

GP

Name
    Tyria
    Race
    Exile demon
    Hair Color
    red
    Eye Color
    red
    Build
    Job
    Treasure hunter

Oh it was so nice to get out of the cold, even if the haven was a dive going by the Gorgon's Eye. The tavern was the kind that hid the stale smell of booze in glasses and booze on the floor and booze in the human enzymes on the floor. But the people who came there didn't mind, it was the smell of comfort that they would soon be to drunk to care about what was going on.

As for the real use for taverns that sophisticated folk use them as a meeting place to discuss things legal and legal unless you get caught. A great use since most people won't listen in or remember or care or figure out what your discussing shouldn't be discussed.

But I wouldn't be part of the discussion. Lore would probably of welcomed my help but I just really felt it best to keep quiet... Unless Lorenor would do something foolish like accept charity work or take a pitiful offer, and that would never happen. Lore was too clever for that.

Well unless he was confronted with a cutie like me.

"Um Lore, I'll get some drinks. You find your man and talk what needs talking." I really wanted to stay out of the way in this part of the deal, nothing stiffens a man's will like ganging up on him.

I smiled, winked playfully and went to the bar. "Umm, mister? I want two of your finest, one for me and a friend."

"Alright little lady, but no complainin' if you can't take it."

"I won't complain, but I won't clean up the mess either." I taunted with swish of my tail while placing some gold down as payment, sipping the mug. "Not bad, though not too strong for a little lady."

I was glad to be warm again and the warm drink helped. I was going to wait and see what Lore was going to do while I held my drink. It was time to just wait and see.

Ammo:

lesser Wand of fire 5/5

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    Entering the seedy tavern, Lorenor allowed his memories to awash themselves in his mind. They called forward, guiding him from the sea of his consciousness. As if he's done this sort of thing before a million times over again across many life-times, the young immortal simply knew what to do. He followed his powerful instincts and allowed his eyes to scan the crowd. He lowered his hood drawing a few gasps from the gathered patrons and some glances of familiarity. More and more, Lorenor got the feeling he'd been to Salvar before on many different occasions.

Quickly, this journey was becoming a journey for answers. At some point during his observations, Lorenor found the individual he sought. The man waited patiently in a table directly on the Eastern most section of the tavern. He sat closest to a well insulated window. Lorenor adjusted his hide cloak and made his towards the man quickly. He placed a hand upon the table receiving flashes of a previous engagement. Removing his hand, the man looked up at him and smiled. A typical Salvarn man, the lad had well defined check-bones high in nature. A powerful set of eyebrows crowned his intense deep blue eyes. The man had a mane of thick, brown hair. He wore all white to better hide in the snow-field. The man had a thick beard. Without quite knowing why, the young immortal whispered a password. "You are they one they call The Whisper?" Lorenor asked.

The man nodded. "Sit down." The man said. He gestured with a large, powerful hand. Salvarns had well defined foreheads. This specimens' hair ended mid-back and was tied in dirty dread-locks. He spoke in a gruff and deep accent. The accent was made even more noticeable thanks to the particular Knife's Edge dialect. Lorenor nodded and sat down opposite the man staring him in the eyes. "You of course know that the Church will disavow any knowledge of this meeting should you fail or be caught in anyway what so ever. No one will come to rescue you, do you understand this matter?"

Lorenor nodded. "I do Whisper. I was made aware of the negotiation process when I signed the documentation."

"You're the only Assassin we're aware of that's ever signed the entry fee more than once." Whisper said much to Lorenor's surprise. "Once you're done with the mission you know the procedures."

"I am aware." Lorenor said, the thought of the huge pay off much more than he could bare at this moment. "I am to bring the object back to the church should I be victorious." Lorenor pondered this for a moment, his partner went to go get drinks. "The target is a rogue from Fallien correct? Would this not cause political turmoil?" Whisper seemed amused by the question. "You think too much for an Assassin. You should be thinking about the Mission, not matters that the Church worries about. You're still a low ranking Enforcer, don't forget that Lorenor." The man said, comfortable speaking the small warriors' name and looking into those glowing eyes. "You don't have very many privileges. You are still on a need to know basis despite your involvement with us in the past." Lorenor nodded once more to this. A waitress came by, Lorenor waved her off since he eyed Tyria getting them drinks anyway. She politely moved away from their table since Whisper already had a Pitcher of some sort of drink in it already in front of his person. He took a sip of the contents of his mug. "Good drinks in this place if you know the selection well."

"I don't want to talk about drinks, I want to talk about the job." The boy suddenly shot in the general direction of the Salvarn warrior, a hint of annoyance in his voice. He didn't like the political games played with himself and now, Tyria's life. He felt like he'd had this same conversation numerous times with Whisper before. "Get to the point Whisper. I didn't go to the trouble of leaving Corone to come all the way out here on a social visit. You know the importance of my job as well as anyone so cut the crap." The young immortal said not bothering to hide his emotions.

Whisper seemed genuinely taken aback. "My apologies. I was merely trying to make the severity of this situation more pleasant for the both of us. Its not enjoyable for me to send promising Acolytes off to their deaths. I like to try to get to know each of our Assassins before they go off to their errands you know? But you're right I've already wasted too much of your valuable time." Lorenor made it a point to have Whisper replaced. He'd complain to the Cathedral's rulers once the mission was done. "Do you have the documentation for me?" Lorenor snapped, already irritated. Whisper sighed and produced a package handing it to him. "I implore you not to take the mission, he is a Necromancer." Whisper stated.

"I'll deal with that." Lorenor said unable to hide his frustration at this point.

"Very well. You've accepted this job then. You will be paid upon successful return of the Object and the death of the Necromancer. You must bring--"

"What do you take me for!? A damned fool!? I know the bleeding procedure already!" He hit the table hard causing it to shake. He definitely didn't appreciate the incompetence of this man. Lorenor was being thrown towards the fire by the Cathedral and this man was trying to make idle chit-chat. This frustrated the boy to no end. He stood up suddenly as he the table and snatched the package out of the warrior's hand to a look of shock as a response. "I am going to petition for your removal Whisper. Your lack of competence is a stain upon the Cathedral. You've forgotten YOUR place as an informant!" Lorenor yelled knowing he had more weight with the church than the Informant. Many people eyed the argument by now casually, but Lorenor didn't care anymore. He waited for Tyria to return with their drinks. "Do you have the object I was promised at least?"

Whisper quickly produced another package and handed it to Lorenor. With that, he got up and quickly left the tavern not bothering to pay for his drinks, the small warrior would take up that tab as well. Lorenor saw the look of fear in Whisper's eyes after the outburst. Good. Taking several deep breaths, the small warrior took the package with his promised artifact, and placed it in his travel packs. Lorenor eyed Tyria for a moment, frustration etched all over his face. She brought him a sense of comfort. If the Cathedral planned on feeding them to the wolves, they could at least send competent agents.

EXP: 709, Level: 1
    Level completed: 36%, EXP required for next level: 1,291
    Level completed: 36%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,291
    GP

Name
    A'rai Dienn Salaturn
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Golden Blonde
    Eye Color
    Forest Green
    Build
    5'3 / 110 lbs
    Job
    Noble

It was gently snowing. The kind that slowly drifted down from a grey sky and danced until it hit the ground, covering it in a pristine white. She loved this kind of snow. When the wind never truly blew too hard and the air was just a little warmer for some reason. It was so much nicer than the biting winds and harsh weather that lay outside of Knife’s Edge and the protection that was afforded to the city, so much nicer than the weather around her great estate. Being a native though, one she say she was more than used to the harsh weather of Salvar. There were just times when she wondered what the heat of Fallien would feel like against her pale, porcelain skin, or what the great forest of Concordia would be like to walk under. But those were simple daydream fantasies. One day she would actually visit those places, a day when her father could no longer stop her from visiting those places.

Her father was the main reason she had not graced Knife’s Edge with her presence for so long. He made such journeys as this complicated due to his many questions and though A’rai was very good at manipulating people and lying to them, she wasn’t a master at it. After a long period of questions anyone would be able to see the holes in her stories, the little slip-ups the occasionally happened and the short pauses before her answers as she thought them through. Which was why she loved it when her father went away for long periods of time on business. The estate would be completely under her control. She could come and go as she wished and no one ever questioned her. She could also incite whomever she wanted over to the warmth of her home, and her bed. The servants were all smart enough to keep their mouths shut about the things that went on when her father wasn’t around.

Now was one of those times that he was away. Three months. For three months she would have her freedom for her father was travelling to Fallien and Alerar for some potential trading. While he was gone, he’d charged her with starting to search for a suitor, but she wasn’t even going to waste her time with such a distasteful task. She was going to use and enjoy every minute to it’s fullest however, which meant meeting up with one of her contacts to see if he’d procured anything for her. After all, occult books, demon summoning in particular, were not something one could walk into a local bookstore and request. Meeting up with her contact, Kalan, also required tracking him down and unfortunately the man was being especially elusive today. She did have one other place she knew him to frequent though.

Taverns were nothing new to this seductress, but that didn’t mean she particularly liked this one. The clientele were not the kind of people she regularly associated with, in fact she tried to avoid them. Warriors did make great lovers from time to time, but the men in seedy back water places like this only boasted to be warriors but were usually nothing more than scum and sometimes murderers, even for hire. They were the reason she did not travel alone to Knife’s Edge and instead brought a few of the more competent servants with her, not that they followed her steps. They stayed where they needed to, out of sight.

With her black skirt dragging in the thin layer of snow on the ground, A’rai approached the familiar and worn looking door to the tavern, with it’s grimy and barely see through windows. Expelling a pent up breath that left a trail of mist in the air, she wrapped her black-gloved fingers around the handle and pulled. The first thing she noticed was how dark it was inside, darker than outside, though overcast it was. The second thing to assault her senses was the smell of ale; sweat and tobacco, though not smoke clung to the air. It was imprinted on the very foundation of the building. Should it ever change to something else, it would still smell like alcohol, sweat and smoke. Once inside, the heat caressed her like the welcome touch of a lover.

Holding her head high like the noble she was, A’rai swept her way through the tables as if she were on the dance floor. Her every move graceful and perfectly executed like she had been taught growing up. With the slightest of a smile pulling at the corner of her lips, she pushed the cloak covering her away from her body and over her shoulders, to drape down her back. Then she slipped onto one of the stools at the bar, right beside a man with a thin build and sandy brown hair that badly needed a cut. Not to mention a face that could use with a shave.

“I thought it was customary to offer a lady a drink.”

When the barkeep moved towards her, she waved him away with her hand. Despite the words she had spoken, she would not drink anything from the glasses in this place.

The corners of her lips turned up as the man turned towards her and nearly choked on whatever substance he had been forcing down his throat.

“A-A’rai!”

“It’s been a while, Kalan.”
    Inside this fantasy
    It seems so real to me
    Synthetic ecstasy, when her legs are open
    True love behind a wall
    Where men and angels fall
    A fading memory, when my mind is frozen

Celldweller - Frozen

Witchblade: Hahaha! What can I say, I'm good at playing evil characters.
    INDK: you're so good it scares me

GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    ((Moderator note: Tyria dropped this quest))

Lorenor realized he was alone when his companion didn't answer to his call. He sighed. He now had to do the Cathedral mission by himself, something he was trying to avoid. It was then that he noticed a powerful scent wafting up his nostrils. Above the scents of booze and smoke, the ghoul detected a powerful feminine scent. A scent of sensuality. Lorenor turned his gaze as he felt the presence rather than actually saw her.

Sticking out like a sore thumb, the woman was out of place with all the ruffians in the group. He observed her actions for a long time. She spoke to a man he never saw before. Her blood flowed through her vessel with the promise of satisfaction. The ghoul shivered with pleasure, not cold. He turned away from A'rai's person for a moment keeping his gaze at the table. He didn't have to stare at her in order to detect her. His senses could do the rest.

She was a woman above all other women he'd ever seen. Porcelain skin, intense gaze, flowing hair shimmering in the low lighting of the tavern. The ghoul closed his eyes as he thought about her. The scent was powerful and almost overwhelming. He wanted to get close to the girl, but he would have to wait for his opportunity. Currently she was engaged in conversation with the man who was her current companion. Anxiety in the air. Lorenor sensed a sort of fear touching the air when A'rai showed up. He pondered eavesdropping on the conversation but decided against it.

The woman seemed formidable and he wanted to gain her trust. He didn't know why. It just seemed like something to do. He needed a companion for his Assassin's mission as he was going to deal with a Necromancer. Lorenor knew he was an Undead and Necromancers oft had their ways with the undead. Lorenor considered the possibility that he was heading to a suicide mission. The ghoul drank from the goblet in front of him feeling a substance that felt heavy and bitter. It smoldered his throat reminding him of what magma might taste like.

Lorenor regretted taking the drink but it relaxed him at the same time. Once the fire passed through his veins and touched his belly, warmth passed through his system. The ghoul thought about what he needed to do next, that was ride out into the snow field and locate the Necromancer's position. He looked at the various documents that Whisper had just given him. His eyes re opened to better study the text within the documents.

EXP: 709, Level: 1
    Level completed: 36%, EXP required for next level: 1,291
    Level completed: 36%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,291
    GP

Name
    A'rai Dienn Salaturn
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Golden Blonde
    Eye Color
    Forest Green
    Build
    5'3 / 110 lbs
    Job
    Noble

She watched as Kalan cleared his throat and ran his dirty hands down the front of his dirty top coat thinking that it would somehow improve his appearance. It didn’t, but she decided that even mentioning the way he looked would be pointless. The man was not exactly in a position to take care of himself after all. He probably lived in squalor and went from one job to the next barely scraping by but always having just enough coin for the ale in front of him. Perhaps if he put his money to better use besides alcohol, he would not always be like this.

“It certainly has been… my lady.”

A formal greeting from him for once, how nice.

“I-is there something I can do for you, today?”

She hated it when he stuttered. It showed just how nervous her presence made him feel, which it should. He was after all a person beneath her and he should feel privileged that she even chose to associate with him. Then again, there were times when she wondered how some of the members Of Kings and Shadows could think themselves above these mere peasants when they acted worse.

“I was hoping you’d have a few items of interest for me today. After all, it’s been so very long since the last we saw each other…” She ran her gloved finger up his arm as she gave him a coy smile.

His face started to turn a deep red colour; one that spread across his pale skin from his ears across his cheeks and down passed the collar of his shirt. A’rai had never done anything with Kalan before, maybe if he cleaned himself up she would considerate it. After all, he wasn’t that bad looking but he didn’t take care of his body and she wondered if he was even experienced beyond the women he probably paid to share a bed with for a few hours. She liked her men to know what they were doing. She only played with the boys when she wanted something from them.

Once again, his voice faltered. “I-I’m sorry, my lady. But I don’t… I mean, I know it’s been a while.”

She held a hand up to silence him. “No excuses, Kalan, just tell me why.”

“Well, it seems like the man I normally find these…items for you has left Salvar for fear of prosecution from the church.”

The church was really beginning to annoy her.

“I’ve been trying to find other avenues to get these items and did come across something. Apparently there’s some foreigner who has a great wealth of knowledge in the occult, I don’t have much information on him…but I will find out for you.”

Of course he would, she paid him well after all.

“Thank you, Kalan. I will be in touch with you again, soon. I hope you’ll have something for me then.”

Producing a black pouch, A’rai extended her hand and placed it on the counter in front of Kalan. There was more than enough money for him to live comfortably for the next month, perhaps two if he let it stretch. With one last smile and caress on his arm, she stood and headed towards the door, her boots making the slightest tap tap on the wooden boards as she moved.
    Inside this fantasy
    It seems so real to me
    Synthetic ecstasy, when her legs are open
    True love behind a wall
    Where men and angels fall
    A fading memory, when my mind is frozen

Celldweller - Frozen

Witchblade: Hahaha! What can I say, I'm good at playing evil characters.
    INDK: you're so good it scares me

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast