Gray
    Eye Color
    Yellow Glow
    Build
    5'7" 164lb
    Job
    Defiler

Sleep Deprivation - Bad

So, I came to Althanas not only to role play, but because I need Material for my 2D design class' portfolio. I am planning on Illustrating a good deal of my Threads. I thought to myself, "Well, Aaron, Nice Dream would be a good place to start" *Cough*CheckItOut*Cough*. So, I did a quick sketch of something simple an upcoming scene were Groggy Neptune wakes up to a full moon. Thats a problem, But you would have to read the thread to know why =D. Anyway it was simple, not much action, just a kind of "Wha?" look on his face.

So later that day, I got really busy, I did my afternoon run, then I had to help a friend move and all that good stuff. I got home and I was exhausted, but determined to at least get started on coloring this piece. I knew it would be hard because earlier this week I spilled some Rockstar on my tablet and it broke, which wasn't very cool. All I remember of that night was starting to ink the line art, and I remember how much of a pain it was with only my mouse.

Fast forward to next morning. I was sleeping face down on my desk, Sticky notes stuck to my head. I felt a warm and fizzy feeling on my leg, so I Jumped up and Screamed something, to see that I had tipped over a can of Rockstar on my desk. My Friend who had come over earlier the day before to make a sandwich, and ended up sleeping on my couch said that I was Yelling "Smooth as eggs!" when I woke up... But I digress. I look up to my computer to see a very strange piece of "art" on my screen.

The aforementioned piece, which I have titled "The WTF Edition", was kinda funny, so I decided I'd throw it up here and maybe someone would find a giggle out of it (or the story that led to its birth).

WTF Edition

Look at the Eye, its the funniest part to me, It looks like a just took a brush, smacked it on his face, and called it done.

Anyway, It wouldn't be as good if I didn't show you the half way decent version I came up with. I had to relearn mouse drawing to do this.

Reduex

In case you were wondering about the background, I created it aswell. I just used (Add Noise/Gaussen Blur) and adjusted levels, makes a nice star effect.

Anyway, you can look for this in Nice Dream, just as soon as I get the next post up. Also keep a look out for any other threads I'm in for illustrations, Hopefully with my new Tablet =D.
    Last edited by Neptune; 07-18-07 at 03:16 AM.

GP

Name
    Raven Adventwings
    Race
    Felisionne
    Hair Color
    Raven Black
    Eye Color
    Deep Brown
    Build
    6 ft / 143 lbs.
    Job
    Fighter Pilot - MIA

Mmm... *Puts on his critiquing glasses*

Not bad, not bad. A little more work in lighting angles and depth of colors, but this is quite good. Great job with creating your own "Starry Sky" BG as well.
    The year's at the spring,
    And day's at the morn;
    Morning's at seven;
    The hill-side's dew-pearled;
    The lark's on the wing;
    The snail's on the thorn;

God's in his Heaven - All's right with the world...

~Pippa Passes; by Robert Browning

GP
    350 (300)

Name
    Baron Sayid Neptune
    Race
    Undead Human
    Hair Color
    Gray
    Eye Color
    Yellow Glow
    Build
    5'7" 164lb
    Job
    Defiler

Yeah, I still kind of rushed this, so I didn't get as many dark levels as I wanted in. It got really late, really fast.