Black
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    5'10 / Athletic
    Job
    Independent Contractor and Arms Dealer

Kylin Rouge: OOC

This is the thread for general OOC ramblings. Memory is hazy of actualy happenings.

I was a character registration guy, a judge, mod of alerar, and ooc forum mod at one point. I guess I was mod of Alerar at Redrick's request, since we were doing some stuff there, but I said it wasn't for me. I also stopped being a judge because some of the IC stuff was really boring to read and I didn't feel like I was doing it any justice with my lack of interest.

Finally, I stopped being an OOC forum mod because Santh was constantly getting complaints about me. I closed every spam, trolling, and drama thread as per my moderation and people really really liked their spam threads, and got offended when I closed their drama threads. I was pretty egotistical in that I wanted the OOC forum to stay relevant, but I should've realized it was pointless to tailor a forum to what my perception of a good forum was. Of course, when I was removed as OOC forum mod, I was removed as Character Registration mod as well, which probably made me angry. Angry enough to go to Cesirae with Dirks and Sorjax or something. Eventually, Dirks came back and so did I, with a few new characters to do stuff with.

My next problem was that nothing I wanted to do ever took off. I think Althanas crashed at some point and I lost my unfinished Miasma quest, and I just gave up on Kylin. I mean, it was impossible to have a character who didn't want to hurt people or see people get hurt in Althanas. He basically had to become a hardass to be involved in any quests/battles. Once I gave up on Kylin being True Good, I stopped caring in general. I did a quest or two but my participants vanished or dropped out, I wanted to do some huge Syndicate-based thing and everyone dropped out of that as well, and finally I had some vampire character make a battle and I thought it was the best damn battle I've ever done, ever, and it was only like 6 posts in, but he dropped out because, get this, he couldn't 'keep up with me'. This was basically telling me that because he couldn't win when judging came around, there was no point in trying. Well if I can't try to win without my opponents dropping out, why bother trying either? I was done at that point, nobody was willing to do anything that took planning. I made sure to not want to come back by severing contacts.

In my post-Kylin career, I tried making characters that would complement other characters so we would RP together a lot, but they all dropped out as well or went inactive for months, like Rayse Rafanas or that Robot guy. I thought they were cool concepts but I don't feel like playing by myself. I really disliked solo quests, because I wasn't doing anything with anyone. I tried really hard to just get involved and have conjoined stories that reference each other and work with each other, but it was never meant to be.

So I just wanted to come by and see what's up. It's pretty cool that I'm at least mentioned, even if by reference, in the official timeline and that so many old-timers have me in their histories. I just want to do stuff again and I'm a lot more patient than I used to be. I don't care if it takes weeks or months. It's also sweet that if my character was still around he's be getting two k-rad legendary items.

let's not forget who got the most fanart.

(my favorite)

the rest are crappy but there you go.
    Last edited by Rayse Valentino; 08-26-07 at 10:21 PM. Reason: moderator: please delete my next post as it's just what i edited into this one.