I'm glad that all of you participated. A few general notes before I go into anything specific. Your OOC notes were annoying for judging purposes (i.e. post counts), but seemed to be very handy throughout the battle. Next round, I think I'll post a general OOC thread in each division so that everyone can keep track of their movements. I've noticed that with this new format of Gisela, many of you are sending out small numbers of scouts, and forcing your posts to rely on the stories of unnamed characters. Don't forget that your strengths lie in two places. First, with your action (which isn't necessarily PURE strategy, pacing also plays a major role in the action) and second, with your heroes! Heroes tell the story. When you focus on the heroes, the rest of the army just moves. I don't care about what the scouts are thinking. I just care about what your heroes are thinking. Character development is HARD in Gisela, but those who do it will win.

Io Beauregard
Continuity 4/15
Setting 4/10 (An extra point here for planting the traps)
Pacing 4/10
Dialogue 4/10 (With the exception of the dialogue between Io and Vitale, I felt that your writing pushed the story along more than the dialogue. You write Io well, and I feel as though you could use his words to assist with your pacing in all types of Althanas writing)
Action 4/15 (Your actions, those that were made, played to your character's strengths in a way that was believable and enjoyable to read. Very nice job)
Persona 4/10 (Io is a brilliant character. He reminds me of myself)
Mechanics 7/10 (You are a very talented writer)
Technique 7/10
Clarity 5/10
Total 44/100

Tiberius
Continuity 4/15
Setting 5/10 (Good movement. Read my note above for future Gisela type battles. Don't focus that much on unnamed characters)
Pacing 5/10 (While some of your posts are long winded, you certainly kept the round moving with your excellent posting rate)
Dialogue 4/10
Action 6/15 (I was very pleased that you allowed Twisted's cat to attack your troops when she didn't specify which group she was attacking)
Persona 4/10 (I don't feel close to any of your characters, but I did like how you re-introduced your characters. To be perfectly honest, an outside reader shouldn't have to read your army registration thread to understand your troops. You, more so than the others, re-introduced your troops the best)
Mechanics 6/10
Technique 6/10 (You write far too much. Work on your brevity, and don't post a novel just because you think its the standard at Althanas)
Clarity 5/10
Total 45/100

Twisted Infinitum
Continuity 7/15 (Your introduction was surprisingly fresh and creative. I typically frown at "fun" armies simply because of how ridiculous they can make serious storylines, but you played yours with a level of realism that made me change my mind)
Setting 4/10
Pacing 5/10
Dialogue 5/10 (Your dialogue was the best)
Action 5/15
Persona 7/10 (I became familiar with all of your characters. The hints of character you gave were just enough to leave me satisfied. Also, you let the characters drive the story rather than the story drive the characters. Well done)
Mechanics 7/10
Technique 7/10
Clarity 7/10
Total 54/100

Twisted Infinitum advances to round two.

Io and Tiberius, keep your eyes on this forum. The two highest scoring runners-up from each division are advancing as well.

Rewards:

Twisted Infinitum gains 750 EXP, doubled that's 1500 EXP!
Tiberius gains 225 EXP, doubled that's 450 EXP!
Io Beauregard gains 225 EXP, doubled that's 450 EXP!

Everyone gets 500 GP!