Thread: Dragon Master Forest (Location E)

Administrator
    EXP: 81,363, Level: 12
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 8,637
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,637
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile

Dragon Master Forest (Location E)

This thick forest surrounds the city of Gisela to the west. The forest is dense, but a main path cuts through the middle. The forest is said to hold AC, the dragon avatar of Gisela's first champion.
    Althanas Operations Administrator

Dirks GP amount: 2949

Administrator
    EXP: 81,363, Level: 12
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 8,637
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,637
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    (The entire army, minus Ressurrecter’s contingent, has arrived at the Dragon Master Forest from Gisela City)

The journey into the Dragon Master was slow with Phagan at his side, but Drax never lost patience with the older man. Phagan had served Drax as a soldier in his previous Gisela stint. However, it wasn’t until Phagan protected Drax from the wrath of the maniacal Chronos Realm in the tournament’s final battle that he learned of his soldier’s true power. In the aftermath, the two spent many hours developing Phagan’s abilities. Phagan was satisfied to have his leader’s companionship, and Drax was glad to have someone that was completely loyal to him. However, as Phagan’s control of the illusions grew, his body deteriorated.

“We’re not meeting with the others yet, Phagan.” Drax told his lieutenant as they veered off their current course. A small contingent of support soldiers followed them to the north.

Phagan nodded, and then finally spoke. “Ressurrecter is hiding something, Lord Drax.”

“I know.” The General responded. “I’m curious has to how he’s gained this.” Drax held up the Beretta 950 and examined it. “It’s Max Dirks’.” Drax cringed when he said the name. Drax was a lieutenant of Dirks’ in the first ever Gisela Open. Similar in many ways, Drax was forced to live in the shadow of his former General following the tournament. It was Max Dirks that drove Drax to independently join the second Gisela Open. Though Drax alone claimed the victory in the tournament, it was actually Max Dirks who had secretly secured Drax’s victory by defeating the mutinous Chronos Realm. The simple fact that Drax knew he owed Max Dirks his fame was enough for Drax to hold strong grudge against the man.

Drax squeezed his hand tightly against the gun and then put it away. He paused for a moment and then spoke to Phagan. “All will be revealed in due time, Phagan, even if I have to force Ressurrecter to reveal his cards. I’m unsure of the dynamics between Thoracis and Dirks, though.”

“Then you are in a particularly difficult situation, Lord Drax.” Phagan responded. “If Thoracis is an enemy of Max Dirks, then the mere sight of the gun might lead him to attack you. Even with the full power of the army behind you, you are still drastically outnumbered.” Drax nodded. “However, in the alternative, the gun might act as a sign to Thoracis that his old comrade has returned.”

At this, Drax was particularly silent. He stopped moving along the path and looked to the ground. He considered both situations then looked up. “The time that I was a pawn in the plans of others has long passed,” Drax said. “Thoracis will make the first move.”

“I’m afraid I do not understand, my Lord.”

“You will, Phagan, you will.”

-----

Moments later, Drax and his contingent arrived at their destination: a small mill along the bank of the Great River. The mill was abandoned as its caretaker had travelled to Gisela City to sell his wears. Drax knew of the mill’s existence after hiding there in his battle against the mutant Molotov.

Drax did not enter the mill. Instead, he walked around to the storage shed in the back. The shed was locked, forcing Drax to withdraw his sniper rifle to shoot the hinges. When the door was loose, Drax kicked it open. Inside there was a variety of different things from tools to carve wood, to four long canoes. He swung the rifle onto his back and pointed at the canoes. “There,” he said to the support staff. “Prepare the boats and start travelling downstream. When the bridge to the plains is visible, stop and anchor along the shore. We will meet you shortly thereafter. Do not be seen.”

The support soldiers nodded and then went to work. Drax and Phagan turned around and began walking back down the path towards the rendezvous point. Once the mill was out of sight, Drax spoke to Phagan. “It will not be easy for you, but I have a plan.” Phagan nodded.

-----

When they reached the rendezvous point, Drax wasted no time in initiating his plan. He walked up to the nearest dark elf he could find and said, “You there, are you from Alerar?”

“Yes, Sir,” the elf responded.

“Good. I have a special assignment for you.”

Drax carefully explained the assignment to the elf, and then began to round up the army. Within 30 minutes, the army was mobilized and ready to move. The dark elves led the way, followed closely by the dark mages. The support soldiers, light mages, and cavalry, remained well behind the initial wave, as it would be difficult to hide the noise of their approach.

“Move out”

(The entire army, minus the four support soldiers and Resurrecter’s small contingent, is advancing to the southern bridge of the Grand Plains as explained above)
    Althanas Operations Administrator

Dirks GP amount: 2949