Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    5'9"/ 155
    Job
    Retired

If his opponent had been confused by the relieved smile that had appeared on Damon’s face just as a threat had been whispered, then an explanation was forthcoming. The boy had forseen that his opponent would jump into the air and come down with a strike, maybe two, glancing towards the head and ultimately settling for the knees. Having his feet dug deep into the sand, this should have been a situation for Damon from which there was no recovery. Movement would have been too difficult for him to summersault back, and the time that it would take for him to dodge the blow to the head would have left him completely unable to counter the second attack.

However, Damon had a spell that could save him in instances like this. He might have panicked had he not discovered it through his experiences at county fairs, or cried out to Ashiakin for more help, but his opponent’s jumping into the air provided Damon with just the opportunity that he needed. The boy hummed a few notes and then suddenly, he was enveloped by a storm. Radiating light and shining so brightly that even Damon was forced to close his eyes, the boy now found himself protected by a mess of lasers and plant debris. Hot steam hissed off of the tornado, and the boy’s skin had hardened to render him immune to the spells’ effect. A thin smile appeared on Damon's lips, just because he'd received such relief.

It was a moment of relief for the boy, one that had saved him from all of his earlier exuberance. The storm around his feet was kicking up the sand that had trapped him, liberating him from the problems his over use of momentum had caused. A smile appeared on his face, especially after it seemed that every last person in the crowd had otherwise grown silent, because they didn’t know what to make of the ability.

“You are the true Damon!” someone shouted, but the boy couldn’t respond at all. His outer skin had hardened so as to prevent him from feeling the effects of the spell, but there was no way that he could talk. Still, he glowed with pride, knowing that as his opponent were to bring his sword down towards his head, there would be no way that the weapon could get through the storm of lasers and debris. Having seen the vision of his opponent's attack in his head, Damon had timed this counter perfectly, so as to expect his assailant to hit the edge of the storm within the thirty seconds with which the tornado would hold.

Irony now seemed to be on Damon’s side. While he had no way of knowing his opponent’s intentions, the way that he had been hissed at and otherwise degraded now made Damon wonder if his opponent hadn’t gotten a little too overconfident as well. Perhaps, because this was just the first round of the LCC, all the players were overconfident and just trying to get through their rookie mistakes.

However, as it seemed, Damon had managed to avoid his first round jitters almost painlessly. It was unlikely that his opponent would be able to do the same.
    Last edited by INDK; 05-13-06 at 11:11 AM.
    This might be our only chance.

I'm Mr. White Christmas!
    EXP: 55,856, Level: 9
    Level completed: 17%, EXP required for next level: 9,144
    Level completed: 17%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,144
    GP

Name
    Ashiakin Azzarak
    Race
    Demon
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'0''/170lbs
    Job
    Spymaster

The arrow sailed over the knight's shoulder and thudded harmlessly to the sand several hundred yards away. Jeers came from the stands, but they dissipated quickly when they realized Ashiakin was up to something. Already with another arrow nocked to his bow, the demon danced quickly around as to the side of his adversary. It had been a ruse. Just a little something to set the knight on edge. The man's heavy armor would weigh him down and Ashiakin wanted to let him know he was aware of that fact.

Damon's cry for aid caught Ashiakin's attention. He had hoped that their pre-tournament training would have helped them avoid such an embarrassing instances, but evidently that was not the case. The boy seemed to be foundering against his opponent. I'll help him this time, he thought. It'll be better for me to have to save him now than in the finals. Not wanting to give his armored foe a chance to reach him, Ashiakin quickly leveled his bow and let another arrow fly. This one too sailed cleanly past Godfrey--Ashiakin hoped this would be making the fellow nervous and clumsy--on a clear tragectory towards Banda Utaku's chest.

But Ashiakin had fired as Damon had cast a spell. His arrow vanished into a forming laser tornado, its origin and Banda's fate uncertain. Wishing to get away from the heat of the tornado and his knightly adversary equally, Ashiakin took several quick steps back. This wasn't a mistake, this wasn't a mistake, he kept repeating gleefully to himself. The LCC and isle of Lornius were as good as his. Even if this Damon were no more than some gifted boy with godly powers, word would be everywhere by round two that the elven general Damon Kaosi was reborn and in the LCC.

Ashiakin, backtracking more slowly now, gauged Godfrey's position. He set his ice magic to work. From the sea rose a large disc of gleaming ice and sailed towards Damon's laser tornado. When the thing reached its outskirts, it spun around it once, still dangerous despite melting some due to the intense heat. The projectile picked up momentum as it circled the tornado and whirled furiously towards Godfrey's back. If Blank lucked out here, this battle could be over in a matter of a few seconds.
    Last edited by Ashiakin; 05-13-06 at 10:52 PM.
    "The problem with escapism is that when you read or write a book, society is in the chair with you. You can't escape your history or your culture. So the idea that because fantasy books aren't about the real world, they therefore 'escape,' is ridiculous. Even the most surreal and bizarre fantasy can't help but reverberate around the reader's awareness of their own reality." -- China Miéville

Former Regions Administrator, Former Salvar Writer

Sons of Terrinore
    EXP: 34,727, Level: 7
    Level completed: 97%, EXP required for next level: 273
    Level completed: 97%,
    EXP required for next level: 273
    GP

Name
    Thoracis Rakarth
    Race
    Human... mostly.
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Solid Ice
    Build
    5'9"/176lbs.
    Job
    Exile

After reading this I can’t think of a way to actually apply the rubric to this. Teutonic Knight’s single post wouldn’t garner it, streak101 had only 3, and INDK and Ashiakin basically had to post a lot on their own to get to 10. That being said, there will still be EXP awarded for getting over 10 posts, as per the rules.

I will make a few remarks though:

INDK: Your intro was lacking. You don’t seem to be in the full swing of playing the new Damon yet, so I’m sure it will wear off. Other then that there were just minor errors and what seems like a bit of rust. I never did get the whole Citadel delivering your battle either? Maybe I would have had to read it, but if that was the case some explanation would have been nice. A major plus though, to not seem so down, was the loyalty factor you are playing to Ashiakin. Having read a bit of your guys’ little quest I must say you replaying that VERY well.

Ashiakin: Pretty standard. I know you’re capable of better but I also know you didn’t have a lot to work with. I expect as the competition level increases so will the quality of your team.

streak101: The little you did have wasn’t horrible, but I see the potential for so much more. I’d suggest reading some of the battles that get good scores and trying to at least mimic the size of the posts, if not even trying to develop a more fleshed out and concrete style. That’s the biggest knock against you right now is the shortness of your posts and your basic mistakes like spelling, grammar, and structure. These are things I think you could improve on easily.

Teutonic Knight: Only one post. Not much to say.

Judgment: Were scores applied Teutonic Knight would have scored 0 for failing to post enough to have a score. The winner of this match is Blank.

Rewards:

Blank will each receive 215 EXP.

Streak101 will receive 50 EXP consolation.

Blank advances to Round 2!

To save another post: EXP added!

Ashiakin levels up to 6!
    Sons of Terrinore - LCC Champions

All time battle record: 48-23-4

I owe Google a sexual favor!

The Return -- Gisela Forces

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12