Golden
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'2", 220 lbs
    Job
    General of Raiaera, Diadem of Telendor Nauvarin

Questions

Have questions about the rules or the rewards? Ask them here!
    Exile of Raiaera

"He who has knowledge of the just and the good and beautiful ... will not, when in earnest, write them in ink, sowing them through a pen with words which cannot defend themselves by argument and cannot teach the truth effectually."
    --Plato, Phaedrus

Althanas Staff Administrator Emeritus

GP
    200 (300)

Name
    Addarmus Maters Gaith
    Race
    Geomagus Angel
    Hair Color
    Hazelnut Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    4'2. 9stone 4.
    Job
    Smithy/Scholar

Will there be events that will allow me to achieve one of my two Althanas goals, to get one of my characters items into the Legendary Items section?

EXP: 3,864, Level: 1
    Level completed: 63%, EXP required for next level: 1,136
    Level completed: 63%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,136
    GP

Name
    Viola Darkstalker
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Violet
    Eye Color
    Cloudy amethyst
    Build
    5'-10" / 120

This may sound stupid, or I may have overlooked it, but when do the featured quests start?
    Look into my eyes... tell me how much you hate me.

When the blind are led...

I don't lurk here. PM HikariAngel if you need something.

EXP: 73,853, Level: 11
    Level completed: 74%, EXP required for next level: 3,147
    Level completed: 74%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,147
    GP

Name
    Lillian Sesthal
    Race
    Apparently Human
    Hair Color
    Silky Black
    Eye Color
    Eerie Blue
    Build
    5'7" / ?? lbs.

For the 'Most Active' segment of the rewards, if a player jumps quests, does the time in between his/her bailing of one quest to his/her entrance in another one count in the 24 hour limit until the -2 points? Or is the time span between two quests considered a moment of rest in which your points are safe from docking?

Also, I'm guessing that you can return to a quest you've left, and do some kind of a back and forth in divisions of 5-10 posts per quest? I wasn't sure if the jumping only applied when a quest went inactive (well, it hints at the fact that the jumping is allowed whenever, but just to be sure).

If the person who wins the 'Most Valuable Player' segment is a level 0, does that count as one level, which means that person gets 750 exp and 1500 gold? If that's true, then a level one would get twice that and a level three, thrice?

Does a player's choice in type of quest influence their weight in the 'Most Valuable Player' segment? As in, would one be more favored for this title by choosing a Modded Quest, insted of a Missions' Board Quest or a Free-form Quest?

Oh, if a current quest just happens to be related to the FQ in any way, it can't be converted to a free-form FQ quest, can it? I've no idea what the FQ is about, but that'd be a big question to me if this happened by some insane fluke. I can guess the answer, though :P

I can't think of anything else anyone would ask, for now. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Ataraxis; 10-07-07 at 01:54 PM.

EXP: 13,087, Level: 4
    Level completed: 82%, EXP required for next level: 913
    Level completed: 82%,
    EXP required for next level: 913
    GP

Name
    Eltarri Jordel
    Race
    Human/ (Dark) Elven
    Hair Color
    Dark brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    5.4/115

Do we need to register our characters to participate?

What happens if people in the threads go AWOL?

Thanks!
    Speak softly and carry a big sword.

EXP: 23,049, Level: 6
    Level completed: 44%, EXP required for next level: 3,951
    Level completed: 44%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,951
    GP

Name
    stupid requirement

"Most Active" goes to the player who was most active. Players get 5 points for each post and lose 2 points for every 24-hour period in which they do not post. You will only be forgiven missing a post in this period if the post in question would have been a double.
    So does that mean there's no specific posting order? Or does it mean that everyone gets penalized 2 points because of one person not posting and causing them to miss the 24 hour interval in which they have to post?

EXP: 73,853, Level: 11
    Level completed: 74%, EXP required for next level: 3,147
    Level completed: 74%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,147
    GP

Name
    Lillian Sesthal
    Race
    Apparently Human
    Hair Color
    Silky Black
    Eye Color
    Eerie Blue
    Build
    5'7" / ?? lbs.

I'm thinking the last part of that note means that as long as someone posts after one of yours, you can post again. So no point loss if a day after your post, no one has replied. Though I could be wrong, and it still doesn't answer the question of posting order, so I'd like to know too!

EXP: 59,200, Level: 10
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,800
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,800
    GP

Name
    Findelfin ap Fingolfin
    Race
    Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Golden
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'2", 220 lbs
    Job
    General of Raiaera, Diadem of Telendor Nauvarin

Questions answered in order of the asking!

Addarmus

If what you do in the FQ fulfills the requirement of the legendary items of Althanas thread, then yes, you can get one of your items in there.

Viola Darkstalker

Chapter 1 begins on Sunday, October 21st.

Ataraxis

Please see my new rule regarding points in the rules thread. The 24-hour rule has been scrapped.

Yes, you can jump between any number of threads, regardless of their inactivity. For example, say your character is marshalling troops for the defense of Eluriand. There might be three groups in three places, and you need to run between the three on a regular basis.

Level 0 counts as Level 1 for the sake of the special rewards formula.

Your choice of quest will not matter: your creativity in handling the challenges of the FQ premise will. I have already spoken with some people on AIM whose ideas for Free-form quests are "Most Valuable Player" material. Moderated Quests will not always be quests in which everyone can participate, either, but just a few central storylines -- sometimes with a GM and only one other person -- that will help propel the quest forward in time.

If you are currently involved in a quest outside the FQ and would like to make it a free-form part of the FQ, you may request that the thread be moved. You will need to discuss why you want to make the move with the continent writer, though, just to verify that you're moving it for a real reason and not simply because double EXP and GP sounds like a good deal.

Jasmine

If your GM decides on a posting order, then yes. If not, then no. Otherwise, please see the new rules regarding activity points in the rules thread.
    Exile of Raiaera

"He who has knowledge of the just and the good and beautiful ... will not, when in earnest, write them in ink, sowing them through a pen with words which cannot defend themselves by argument and cannot teach the truth effectually."
    --Plato, Phaedrus

Althanas Staff Administrator Emeritus

Maul-Slayer
    EXP: 172,649, Level: 18
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 16,351
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 16,351
    GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod (human)
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile
    Sorry to sound redundant, but I'm confused... can we be in more than one thread per chapter?
    ... They fell to him as prey to bluefin
    for the Jya's warriors knew not how to swim...
    13-3-2

I wrote a book! ~ Most Suave Character 2010

I'm Mr. White Christmas!
    EXP: 55,856, Level: 9
    Level completed: 17%, EXP required for next level: 9,144
    Level completed: 17%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,144
    GP

Name
    Ashiakin Azzarak
    Race
    Demon
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'0''/170lbs
    Job
    Spymaster

Well, it depends. You cannot be in more than one FQ thread per chapter with the same character at the same time. However, you could be in more than one thread with different characters/accounts. And if you completed a thread with one character, you could start another with that same character. Basically, for the purposes of the FQ, liquid time does not exist.
    "The problem with escapism is that when you read or write a book, society is in the chair with you. You can't escape your history or your culture. So the idea that because fantasy books aren't about the real world, they therefore 'escape,' is ridiculous. Even the most surreal and bizarre fantasy can't help but reverberate around the reader's awareness of their own reality." -- China MiƩville

Former Regions Administrator, Former Salvar Writer

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast