Capra Nubiana
    Hair Color
    Tan/Black
    Eye Color
    Yellow
    Job
    Engineer

Mission Recruitment (Salvar)

Okay, I had an interesting little stitch I came up with that ties in with one of the missions for Salvar and have decided I want to take up the mission and recruit for it. as stated in the background/missions thread:

5) Under the monarchy's instruction, trains have departed from mountain strongholds on the Knife's Edge-Ettermire Railway, attempting to bring word of the events to Alerar. Intercept the trains in the mountains and destroy them and their passengers.

The Set Up:

My character is actually not going to be present in Salvar at the start of the quest, but rather in Ettermire, where I hope to shed some light on Alerar's side of things. During the course of the quest, I plan on either meeting up with the monarch's charges or possibly even sent out to investigate if they do not make the trip. While I plan to be quite active in this mission, it is a given by the nature of my role that I won't directly interact with the other participants for the first portion of the mission- don't let that dissuade you from taking up your own part in this, as I lan to anyways and eventually make it all come together.

Who I need:

Active players who want to take part in the stated mission. This means either:

The Convoy sent by the King: (Pref. 1-3 PCs)
    Players to act as the men and women carrying the message to Alerar, and who would be defending the train while it makes it's way to Alerar to rezendevous with myself and the Alerarans.

The Church's Besiegers: (Indeterminate # of PCs)
    Those loyal to the Etheral Sway who seek to stop word from reaching us and plan to attack the train.

Note that as a plot device, the train will be occupied and similarly attacked: if one side has no signed up participants, then it's given that NPCs would act out the role, so if no one signs up for the King's men, then the PC's would have to attack the train loaded with NPCs, likewise if there are no PCs doing attacking, NPCs will still find a way to try to sabatoge the trip to Alerar.

A lot of the action is going to be determined by the other participants: While I'm giving the unique viewpoint of an Aleraran on the situation, You'd be the ones showing what's actually happening in Salvar. Likewise, even my role won't be close-ended: reactions from the Alerar side can end up one way if the train repels opposition, and likewise I plan to show how they'd react if the train is stopped as well (so feel free to take this either way). Similarly, I'll be contacting the mods for an official response but it should be considered that this quest could also determine just how Alerar reacts to this situation as a whole.

Let me know if you're interested, or PM if you want further details on what I have in mind for this.
    Level 0
    I do say, my good man, would you happen to have a cigar on you?
    Quests:
    -Hiding In Plain Sight *complete*
    -Venture Into The Dark

EXP: 13,891, Level: 4
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next level: 109
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next level: 109
    GP

Name
    Kryos
    Race
    Dwiilar
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Crimson, Silver
    Build
    5' 11" / 158 lbs
    Job
    Wanderer, Soul Mage

View Profile
    I'm in, if you'll have me. I'll definately be fighting against the church in this one, since Kryos' home is in Alerar, and since Kryos isn't big into religion. Hmm, guarding a train, huh? Sounds fun!!
    -Level 4-

The path of redemption requires both light and shadow.

GP

Name
    Leander Danson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'9", 145lbs., give or take a few
    Job
    Courier

Well, this is amusing.

Hello Kyros. Interesting that we should be attempting to join two different RPs at the same time. It'll be fun to RP with you!

On to why I'm here: Leander is a messenger. This mission requires the delivery of a message. I'm not so prideful as to belive that he would be their first choice for a delivery - but if all other options are exhausted, or as a backup, he'd do wonderfully. So... on the train, or off, he'd be running a letter to the Dark Elves.

In terms of potential interactions - if he is approached hostilely, he would flee; if approached with peaceful intentions, or captured, or something along those lines, would work out to variable and interesting results that I cannot now predict.

It really depends on what you want to do. If the first part of the RP involves you taking out the train, he could either be on that, or be running separately, or run from the wreckage of the train, and force chase, or any number of options.

I'm open to suggestions. Look forward to working with you!

GP

Name
    Kryos
    Race
    Dwiilar
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Crimson, Silver
    Build
    5' 11" / 158 lbs
    Job
    Wanderer, Soul Mage

View Profile
    Indeed, this will be fun. We just need Bleater to get on. hehe. Anyway, just for clarification, I'll be guarding the train as it makes its way to through he mountains. Interactions: Fighting, chasing, killing, running, reporting, etc. The problem is getting involved. I'm not sure how I'll swing that.
    -Level 4-

GP
    200 (300)

Name
    Mirena Ritale
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Pale Blonde
    Eye Color
    Gray
    Build
    5'8" 142 lbs

Hey, Inks, this isn't really my call, obviously, but I thought I'd mention that both in the FQ when talking about Salvar, and historically, if the Church goes against the Crown, the 'common folk' almost always side with the church. Religion has a huge impact on the life of a peasant usually. So I'm wondering why Leander would be working for the throne. Is it just personal belief? Does he think the church is wrong, or that the King really is the king, and is good and just and all that?

Or was his family simply not religious, or follow a different religion? If so, what is it, and how come they don't like the ethereal sway? Ya know what I mean?

GP

Name
    Leander Danson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    Job
    Courier

In terms of Leander's religiousness, I figured that his village was small enough that if there was any church presence, it was minimal at best, and far removed from the church as a whole. Also, Leander's first loyalty is to his own integrity - once he's accepted the job, his own personal code require that he complete it. Finally, I didn't figure he'd be in on all the details - Leander probably walked into a town, got recognized as a messenger, and hired to deliver a message that was only to be viewed by a specific individual. More than anything else, it's that he would have been swept into this before he had fully realized what's going on.

Even beyond that, Leander would probably not have a particular side to support on the issue - both groups are controlling and oppressive, just in slightly different ways, and his loyalty to any religion would not be so blind as to not differentiate the country version of the Ethereal Sway from the more harsh mainstream. His mother was definitely not of the Sway, being both a foreigner and a free spirit, and if his father was, he probably put it aside when he got married, so even then, his religious upbringing would be loose, if not completely neglected.

GP

Name
    Leander Danson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    Job
    Courier

So, quick question - I want to do this, and I see no idication that this is happening on it's own. I'm willing to end up running the train end of things, if you're not going to do it, Bleater - so PLEASE let me know what's up!

I really think this would be a wonderful spot for my character to get in some really fun roleplaying, and want to get this thing rolling, so to speak.

GP

Name
    Kryos
    Race
    Dwiilar
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Crimson, Silver
    Build
    5' 11" / 158 lbs
    Job
    Wanderer, Soul Mage

View Profile
    Props, Earthwalker!!

I agree. I really want to role-play already. If I don't get word by this Saturday, Nov. 17, then I'm pulling out. Hmm, a possible plot is arising. Hehe. Freelancing frolicking forever!!
    -Level 4-

GP

Name
    Kryos
    Race
    Dwiilar
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Crimson, Silver
    Build
    5' 11" / 158 lbs
    Job
    Wanderer, Soul Mage

View Profile
    Ok, I'm tired of waiting. I'm out of this one. Sorry.
    -Level 4-

GP

Name
    Leander Danson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    Job
    Courier

Well, I suppose that works out for the best. I realized a few days ago that having you and me in two RPs simultaneously was a bad plan, mainly because it meant we'd have to decide which one came first.

As for this RP on it's own, I would really like to play Leander in it still. I've got to run off to work now, but when I get back, I'll elaborate on my plans, and interested people can join in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast