Long Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1" 180 lbs.
    Job
    Mage

The World Series

The Fall Classic is set to begin in two days! This one pits the Boston Red Sox and the Colorado Rockies against each other. One team came back from the brink, winning the ALCS when they were down 3-1 at one time; the other has only lost a single game in its last 22!

Discuss the World Series here. Predictions, arguments, analysis... just keep it civil.

EXP: 17,010, Level: 5
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next level: 2,990
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,990
    GP

Name
    Atzar Kellon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Long Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1" 180 lbs.
    Job
    Mage

Ok, fine. If you guys won't talk to me, I'll talk to myself. Bitches.

Game 1 just ended, and without mincing words, the Rockies got spanked. The final score was 13-1.

Josh Beckett pitched seven innings of one-run ball. Not to take anything away from him, but I don't think he had his best stuff tonight. It looked like he was leaving plenty of fastballs up in the zone, and the Rockies hitters were just missing.

The Red Sox hitters, however, had no such bad luck. Jeff Francis was gone after four innings of work, having given up ten hits and six runs at his time of departure. Franklin Morales came on in the fifth, promptly giving up seven more runs.

Tomorrow puts Red Sox starter Curt Schilling up against Ubaldo Jimenez. I'm expecting a slugfest. Schilling isn't the pitcher he once was, but Jimenez won't last long against the patient Red Sox hitters. He throws lots of balls and gives up lots of walks. That's never a good thing, but it's especially bad against the team that had the most walks in the league this season.

EXP: 440, Level: 1
    Level completed: 22%, EXP required for next level: 1,560
    Level completed: 22%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,560
    GP

Name
    Nirov Okan
    Race
    Unknown
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Dazzling Blue
    Build
    6'1"/175 lbs.

You give us Massachusetts folk a bad name. You're the reason our citizens lose eyes!

Seriously, I couldn't care less about sports. And I find people hate me in Boston more than Yankees fans. I'm like the fucking swiss!
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. - Bible, 1 Peter 5:8

GP

Name
    Jack Stone
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'9" 150 lbs

I don't know what Nirov is talking about, but I follow Atzar no problem. Last night wasn't even fun to watch, turned it off when the Rockies walked home three runs for the Sox. Disgusting.

I agree about Schilling, he's not what he used to be, but I think he may be just as good in other ways. He's a real smart pitcher, I heard ESPN use the word "guile." His fastball might be pumped to reach 90 mph, but I think he's got the experience, all those freakin notes he takes, and Jason Varitek.

I just hope those Rockies live up to some hype. I wanna watch the World Series, not the Varsity vs. Junior Varsity scrimmage-type crap I endured last night.

EXP: 17,010, Level: 5
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next level: 2,990
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,990
    GP

Name
    Atzar Kellon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Long Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1" 180 lbs.
    Job
    Mage

It was a great game last night. Not at all what I expected.

2-1, Sox won again. Schilling went 5 1/3 and gave up one run - more because of a Lowell error than by any bad pitches on his part. Ubaldo Jimenez got into walk trouble in the fourth and fifth, and was gone after 4 2/3 innings.

It did seem like the Sox just never capitalized on the chances they did have. They would have men in scoring position, and they wouldn't score. Ortiz drives a ball to right field with homerun distance, and it hooks foul by a foot and a half.

That said, at least they had chances. The Rockies really didn't. Holliday had four singles on the night, and the rest of the Rockies combined had... one.

Tomorrow is Daisuke Matsuzaka and Josh Fogg. Daisuke has great stuff but hasn't quite lived up to his hype this year. Josh Fogg is the opposite; his stuff isn't particularly impressive, but he does well in big games. He's known as the Dragonslayer in Colorado for his seeming knack to take on the aces of other teams... and win.

GP

Name
    Jack Stone
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'9" 150 lbs

Agreed, last night was a great game. Lot more intense with the low score, but there were a few slip-ups that really don't belong in the World Series (like Holliday, who you mentioned had four hits, getting picked off at first.) However, I loved the other base running. Good base running allowed for the first run for each team, and I love to see good base running. Its just one of those aspects of the game that becomes so crucial in tight games (and shines more of a critical light on Holliday getting picked).

I also agree that the Sox left a lot of guys on base. I'm hesitant to say too many simply because they won.

One of the things the awful Fox announcers asked was, as Terry Francona, who do you sit in CO for the Sox, with no DH? I say bench Papi, because yeah, he's a great hitter, but Lowell and Youk are great hitters and great fielders. Youk might not be the best first basemen, but he must be miles above Papi.

p.s. Youk's goatee is way better than Helton's; another topic Joe Fuck and that old guy were talking about.

Free tacos woooo!