Black
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    5'10 / Athletic
    Job
    Independent Contractor and Arms Dealer

Chance for some Backstory.

As some of you might have seen, I have created a thread telling the story of two men taking on the entire Salvarian Underground. It is Here.

This thread, right here, is a chance for anyone to insert precursors to their own quests and ideas for me to make reference to, bring up, or otherwise have them 'happen' in my story, and their lasting effects to have an impact on your stories.

If you're wondering what I'm talking about, it's the fact that 1) my quest takes place in Knife's Edge and 2) it occurs two (or so) weeks before the initial outbreak of civil war.

I believe that good role playing involves growth, change, and most of all memory. Memory that is not created on the spot, but rather is very much alive and can be physically referenced to. I believe the ultimate role play is to have all the players be intertwined in some minor way, even if it means they entered the same tavern at the same time in two different stories and make no further reference to each other.

That is all, carry on.

EXP: 59,200, Level: 10
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,800
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,800
    GP

Name
    Findelfin ap Fingolfin
    Race
    Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Golden
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'2", 220 lbs
    Job
    General of Raiaera, Diadem of Telendor Nauvarin

We're definitely glad to have you back, Trunks. You bring a special something to roleplaying that we're all richer for having around.
    Exile of Raiaera

"He who has knowledge of the just and the good and beautiful ... will not, when in earnest, write them in ink, sowing them through a pen with words which cannot defend themselves by argument and cannot teach the truth effectually."
    --Plato, Phaedrus

Althanas Staff Administrator Emeritus

EXP: 107,947, Level: 14
    Level completed: 27%, EXP required for next level: 11,053
    Level completed: 27%,
    EXP required for next level: 11,053
    GP

Name
    Rayse Valentino
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    5'10 / Athletic
    Job

My name is obviously Rayse, get it right! I prefer it that way, anyway. Also, thanks for what is perhaps the vaguest compliment I've ever received!

Anyway,
    Part 2 of my FQ series is up.

Still more chance for backstory for whoever desires it. The period directly (like, a week or two) before the war, a smaller war took place in the city of Knife's Edge. This was not a war between Church and State, but a war of criminals and gangs. A bid for power was made among the various crime lords of the time, and the Underground of the city became a secret battlefield. Gang violence went up twentyfold, and various leaders of organizations found themselves without a job, some without a life. The conclusion? Well, you'll see.

Also, I'd like to direct some attention to A Winter Long Ago..., a quest that explains some of Teric Bloodrose's backstory for Rise of the Underground I'm sure it's going to be an amazing quest, and, well, if you can't already tell by reading Rise of the Underground, it will have a truly depressing ending, guaranteed to make you wish you were watching Titanic instead!

I'd also like to advertise The Company, which might be the beginning of a great organization in Althanas. This organization is formed after the Rise of the Underground series in the FQ... Liquid time is a bitch, isn't it?

Well, I seem to have made this more into an advertisement thread rather than a recruiting one. Nobody has approached me with any sort of ideas yet in regards to anything I've done with Rayse yet, but I still have some hope. I'm willing to entertain any and all ideas.
    Last edited by Rayse Valentino; 12-17-07 at 05:25 AM.

EXP: 107,947, Level: 14
    Level completed: 27%, EXP required for next level: 11,053
    Level completed: 27%,
    EXP required for next level: 11,053
    GP

Name
    Rayse Valentino
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    5'10 / Athletic
    Job

Finally, I finished it. Wow, 71 posts from two people? From November 8th to January 18th? Not bad, not bad at all.

Anyway, nobody took me up on my offer, which is unfortunate, but what can you do? Maybe there will be more opportunities in Chapter 2 of the FQ.