Black
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    5' 11", 138 lbs.
    Job
    Medical Proffesional

Doc Sid

Name: Ritter Ayol’sidhe Hezzhedi (Goes By: Doc Sid)
    Race: Half Dark-Elf
    Hair Color: Black
    Skin Color: Olive
    Eye Color: Dark brown
    Height: 5’ 11”
    Weight: 138 lbs

Personality: He’s going to be stiff, and probably a little unworldly. Can’t really say much more than that – I’m going to let him develop as RPing progresses.

Appearance: Stiff posture and starched clothes are Sid’s preferred mode of dress – though, while on the road, that may not always be possible. When in formal attire, Sid usually chooses a black formal suit, white undershirt, and a simple brown bolo tie. His facial features are handsome, but his expression tends towards stiffness, at least when his is among company he does not know – his conversational training was geared towards formality, rather than socialization. When one has been around him for a while, however, he tends to let a great deal slip in his face – when his guard is down, his emotions are quite easily readable. He keeps his hair pulled back into a knot behind his head, to keep it out of his eyes.

History: Sid was the child of a Ritter in the old Alraran army and the daughter of a moderately wealthy merchant – as such, he received a “classical” education, in the arts of leadership and swordplay, even if he never truly took to them as his father had. His childhood was comfortable and relatively safe for the time, even when his father was killed for unknown reasons soon after his twenty-third birthday. The event of his father’s death, however, was not as traumatic as it might seem – he and his father had never been close – and Sid never sought out his father’s killers. Two years later, he apprenticed himself to one of Ettermire’s many doctors, learning among the most skilled in the profession for many years. It was during this time in his life that he picked up a kind of jack-of-all-trades knack for healing, from pure magic to alchemy to herbalism. It was also during this period of time that an accident occurred while his master was experimenting with a virulent magical poison, causing it to spill over the two of them. The nature of the poison caused a spreading rot that moved through the bloodstream, quickly killing the infected person. It was only through the severing of their limbs – his master’s left arm and leg, and Sid’s right arm – that they managed to survive. Not content to live his life missing his right arm, Sid spent the short while thereafter searching around for some method of replacing it, eventually acquiring a relatively simple mechanical replacement from one of the city’s artificers, though it cost him greatly.

Several years later, when Sid had established his own practice, independent of his old master (who’s “practice” was of a dubious nature anyways), another event occurred to propel Sid into the world at large. While walking home from an appointment, Sid practically ran into another dark elf, who stumbled, and dropped a dagger he had been preparing to throw at another dark elf further down the street. The assassin snatched up the dagger and ran – the other dark elf, seeing the first, ran as well. Sid knew that he had most likely been recognized by the assassin, and as such, was not as safe as he used to be. Weighing the risks, he decided that perhaps establishing a practice elsewhere might be a prudent course of action, and he has not returned to Ettenmire since.

Skills:
    Jack-of-all-Healers: Sid has been trained in a number of different healing methods, from the village healer’s herbal remedies to mage-healing to the art of potion-brewing and alchemy. The net effect of this training is that while he may not be able to perform the miracles of a powerful magic healer, he can stabilize most battlefield wounds to a non-lethal state, and provides excellent long-term care, especially when stationary and well-equiped. As such, he cannot bolster a heavily wounded warrior in order to allow him to rejoin the fight – though he can prevent that same warrior from dying from the wounds that incapacitated him. (Healer: Above average, Magic Healing: Minor wounds. The magical aspect of his healing takes time (about thirty seconds to a minute), and leaves him drained if he overuses it – for example, healing a large number of people over the course of an hour. The types of wounds he heals are the like of superficial grazes, shallow cuts, abrasions, and small burns. He can also use this power to stop bleeding from a wound.)

Ritter Training: Sid received basic swordsmanship training, as well as leadership training, in his early years, according to his Ritter heritage. Although he never showed great potential with the leadership skills, he is still a passable swordsman. (Leadership: Poor, Swordsmanship: Below average)

Fistfighter: Although Sid has had no formal training with his mechanical arm, in terms of fighting with it, the thing still packs one hell of a punch. Despite his lack of real skill, he can still do some damage with the thing – assuming he hits. (Hand-to-Hand: Below Average)

Equipment:

Medkit: Assembled during his years as a practicing healer in Ettenmire, this large, sturdy case contains a large number of common medicinal and alchemic ingredients, as well as a good amount of standard medical supplies and tools. The case folds out into a number of drawers and shelves which hold the supplies. Made of light woods with a thin metal casing for rigidity, the case can withstand a little in the way of blunt impact, but could easily be damaged by any kind of direct hit with a weapon. A pair of straps along the back allows Sid to wear it like a backpack, though its weight is unwieldy in combat. For travel purposes, however, the case is wonderful. The design of the insides of the case prevents things from shifting even when the case is shaken violently.

Mechanical arm: A complex blend of magic and clockwork technology that functions on a very close level to how a normal arm would work. It has fingers, an elbow, a functioning wrist, and other such fun features, and is constructed from sections of aluminum, for a light but strong frame, with a combination of steel and oak forming the outside, for economy and durability.

Some nice clothes:
    Sid comes from a city-life background. He’s used to wearing good clothes, and hasn’t really gotten a chance to get new ones since he left. Thus, at the moment, he’s still wearing some rather nice clothes. They even look all formal and stuff. Probably don’t handle dirt well. Or swords. Especially swords.

Out of Character:
    So... yah. This is Earthwalker, coming around to actually make a character that I've never made before (Leander being an old RP character I've used 4 or 5 times in the past). Thus, Doc Sid.

His inspiration was mainly just me being all like, "I want someone who can use magic, but not CRAZY FIREBALL O' DOOM style magic." Originally, he was more of a magical healer - but I decided this would be more interesting. The mechanical arm was just for kicks (I hope asking for a mythril frame isn't too much - I don't know whether it counts as a weapon in the classical sense, even though he can hit people with it), and especially towards the end, the character started giving me this whole "Simon Tam" (from the TV show Firefly) vibe, which I hope to move independently of - though not necessarily away from.
    Last edited by Medic; 11-22-07 at 05:06 PM.

Daonnan Caillte
    EXP: 79,284, Level: 12
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next level: 10,716
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next level: 10,716
    GP

Name
    Karuka O'Sheean
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Red
    Eye Color
    Sun and Sky Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Adventurer

View Profile
    The profile seems fine, save for two little things.

The med kit can't have anything rare in it - it can be extensive and good, but its ingredients have to be fairly common (you have 500 GP, you can go buy some rarer stuff in the Bazaar if you like).

Second, I'm afraid I can't allow Mythril at your level. I'd suggest aluminum rods - they're still stronger than human/dark elven flesh and arm bones, and won't rust like iron or steel would, while still being light.
    The Karu knows.

GP

Name
    Leander Danson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'9", 145lbs., give or take a few
    Job
    Courier

Agreed, and agreed. The mythril thing was a bit of a stretch, anyways.

Will edit, etc. I was actually planning to have him pick up some medical anatomy books, and perhaps a second set of cloths, but now that you mention it, having a couple of rare herbs isn't all that bad of a plan.

GP

Name
    Ayol’sidhe Hezzhedi
    Race
    Half Dark-Elf
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    5' 11", 138 lbs.
    Job
    Medical Proffesional

Edited.

Daonnan Caillte
    EXP: 79,284, Level: 12
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next level: 10,716
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next level: 10,716
    GP

Name
    Karuka O'Sheean
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Red
    Eye Color
    Sun and Sky Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Adventurer

View Profile
    Looks good. Approved with a 50 EXP bonus for a well-done profile. It's not often we get a medic around here.
    The Karu knows.