Crimson
    Eye Color
    Blood Red
    Build
    6'4" / 290 lbs
    Job
    High General of the Haidian Army in Haidia

Corone Submission Thread

Have something you want to do in Corone? Have an idea for something you think would be really cool? Post it here and let the writer take a look at it. The writer will help flesh it out enough and make it a valuable part of the region. Althanas is all of ours to create, so you input is always wanted!
    ~7~

"The one who does not have the courage to look at the truth is called a coward. A coward is afraid..."

Carpetmuncher
    EXP: 1,354, Level: 1
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 646
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 646
    GP

Name
    Luc Kraus
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5' 6'' 145 lbs

Step

Step is am alleged division of the Corone government that specializes in gathering information, espionage and the like. Their main purpose is to stay informed of the motives and progressions of other militaries, both friendly and hostile.

Step uses individual agents to interlope in foreign affairs. These agents are specially selected based on their skills and personalities. Agents of step are very diverse, coming from all different regions and being of all different races. They are elite, focused.

The leader of this organization is unknown. It isn't really known by anybody. Agents recieve their orders in writing, and usually from different bosses, but the pay is good and the perks are valued, so agents rarely complain. Agents, when not out on missions in foreign lands, are very well protected and appreciated... At least on the surface. Step will eagerly lie to a potential agent in order to get them on board, and if the lie surfaces, the agent is sometimes killed.

Knowledge of Step does not exist outside of Step, and the organization will stop at nothing to keep it that way. If an agent leaves, then the rest of the agents will be sent to kill him. If they fail, they will try again, and if they fail a second time, they will try again.

Step was established at the end of the Demon War.
    Last edited by Cyrus the virus; 05-10-06 at 06:38 PM.
    Cold, jade eyes that liquify
    eyes that are merciless,
    staring in mute mockery
    and in mockery of the muteness

Lost in Mortality
    EXP: 13,275, Level: 3
    Level completed: 86%, EXP required for next level: 725
    Level completed: 86%,
    EXP required for next level: 725
    GP

Name
    Brynhilde Darkthorne
    Race
    Valkyrie
    Hair Color
    Palest Gold
    Eye Color
    Verdant Green
    Build
    5'7/ 124 lbs
    Job
    Deathbringer

Radasanth Crime Syndicate:

This is a group who runs the darker side of the city - all the pickpockets, pimps, whores, assassins, cat burglars and otherwise criminal persons must go through the RCS or risk their livelihood and their lives. They are led now by Deacon, a ruthless and cold-blooded man who took over the position in a very shady way (Hawk was the former leader, and Deacon tried to force the hand of the girl who'd been Hawk's prodigy to assassinate the leader of the RCS. Both are now on the run for their lives). There is little that goes on in Radasanth, and even other parts of Corone that isn't controlled or at least allowed by the RCS.

The other details are up to you.
    well you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
    or the moment of truth in your lies
    when everything feels like the movies
    yeah you bleed just to know you're alive

and i don't want the world to see me
    cause i don't think that they'd understand
    when everything's made to be broken
    i just want you to know who i am

goo goo dolls "iris"

GP

Name
    Asuka Murakama
    Race
    Human (Akashiman)
    Hair Color
    Copper
    Eye Color
    Light Emerald Green
    Build
    5'10"/120 lbs.
    Job
    Vagabond

I have a submission for Akashima, a city that's almost like an island within Corone. It's fairly long, so I've attached it to this post.

<EXCERPT>

This great nation of hardy humans and mystical creatures sat upon the great slopes of Shirayama Mountains (known to the other Coronians as Comb Mountains) to the east of the mainland with a harbor town directly east of Capital City. A great sea of trees extended outwards to the west and south beyond the rolling plains where the Akashimans have converted to farmland from defiled woodlands during the Seige of the Skinless Warriors. During winter the entire city turns into a white wonderland with powdery snow only as high as a soldier's knees. Food is stored safely away under the houses and shops as farming was impossible until the snow melts away. However, fish and seafood are in no shortage as the harbor works year round to provide the nation with fresh produce from the sea.

((More details in the full document))

I am willing to edit the contents at your request.
    Hel hath no Fury like that of a Pissed off Redhead

Non Timebo Mala
    EXP: 126,303, Level: 15
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 8,697
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,697
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

Just so you people know I looked over all of this stuff and I'm working on adding it to Corone info. Step looks ok, I need to come up with some history and details for the RCS and I'm currently rereading the Akashima info (especially the history) to see if there are any conflicts. I'm considering making it a subforum, but I need Zieg's input on that one.
    "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

William Butler Yeats - The Second Coming

GP

Name
    Josen Langehorne
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Pale
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'10", 180
    Job
    NA

LOL, I suppose I should post here before I get too out of hand. I have the tendency to want to know every little detail about a setting, and what isn't there, of course I fill in the blanks. Letho, here is what I've filled in thus far (other than the military things). What I'd like to know is if you are interested in any of these enough that it would be worth my while to write them up officially and post them here.

1. The Center Sacellum (needs a possible name improvement)
    This is a large temple that caters to the three larger gods of Corone. My idea behind it is that the government created it to entice the citizens into practicing (or adopting) their faiths, since (IMO) people are happier, and thus more compliant, when they have something to believe in.

2. Fort Eli & Old Eli
    To fill the purpose of a city and a ruin in my story, Old Eli is an old fort built in Radasanthia upon the south road, below the mountains but above the forest. Either the coronians themselves or their enemies discovered how poorly placed it was and tore it down, thus a new fort was erected farther north, between the two ranges this time, and this fort still stands. I don't have a story for Eli but I imagine if I elaborate on these two towns, I'll be going back and using bits of Corone's actual history. I can change this in my story if need be. A road between mountains just seemed like a perfect place to put a fort, is all.

3. Moon Scorpions
    AKA night stingers. These are nocturnal, non hibernating scorpions that are slightly larger and hardier than their average counterparts. It is said their tail stingers can pierce a man's leathers. They mate in the summer, at which time the males' exoskeletons have an irridescent bluish glow to them, hence their name derivation.

Let me know if you want write ups of any of these, or if I'm way off base as well.
    ...but my wings have been so denied.
    Josen Langehorne and his story thread one (his current) and thread two (his past)

Non Timebo Mala
    EXP: 126,303, Level: 15
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 8,697
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,697
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

Nice ideas, Whisper. It's always nice to see some feedback and interest in the region.

I'm not sure how some of them would work though. Corone is a multicultural realm, so there is no one religion or gods that would be "officially" promoted or put before others, especially by the government. This was, regardless of what you believe in, you're welcome in Corone.

I like Moon Scorpions. When and if I eventually put up a bestiary, I'll consider including it. And credit it to you, of course.

Also, the idea with the forts is very nice. I'm usually reluctant to change or add to the region in order to cater to someone's story, but you are right; that is a perfect place for a fort. I reckon you will write some more history on the forts during your character's story or something. Though, I think it would make more sense that, let's say, Old Eli is on the west part of the road and that the new Fort Eli is on the east side. Just as idea. You are free to rp it any way you want in your story though.
    "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

William Butler Yeats - The Second Coming

EXP: 5,976, Level: 3
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next level: 3,024
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,024
    GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Blue (Deeply inset eye-sockets, no eyeballs, only a glowing energy)
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    Letho-I have a few things I would like to potentially submit to cannon. Let me know what you think. I don't want these to have their own sub-forums I just want to add them to the general Corone material for everybody's usage.

• The Dragon's Head Tavern-Established here the D.H.T. is really a cover operation for the Corone Armed Forces. It's a structure that was formed roughly twenty years ago from current Althanas time. It features modern day architectural design and is situated in Radasanth's commercial district. The Tavern was established and paid for by the Corone Armed Forces. People of all skill levels go to the D.H.T. and enjoy the relative safety that the Tavern generally offers. Though bar fights are known to occur when its rougher clientele show up. (For example, Dwarves)
    • The Radasanthian Military Academy-Established Pre-the Demon War of Althanas, the R.M.A. is an organization that functions as both a school and a recruitment center for the Corone Armed Forces. New recruits are called Cadets and taken in at the rank of Page into the Corone Armed Forces. There, they will undergo a rigorous military training. They will be giving room and board in the dorm, several meals a day, and opportunity for growth. Once the Cadet graduates from his training in the R.M.A. the Cadet becomes known as a Squire and becomes the basic-most unit available in the Corone Armed Forces. Squires can readily undertake missions for the Corone's military. Once they have completed a certain number of missions, they can continue their advancement in their military career. They can optionally receive audience with the Master General and become Knighted into the higher structure of Corone's Armed Forces. Once Knighted, there is more potential for growth for any member of Corone's citizenry. One current legion that is hiring is the 103rd Legion.
    • The 103rd Legion-A Legion within Corone's Armed Forces that is currently seeking active recruits for duty. Information can be found here and here. Thank you very much Letho.
    The Alpha and The Omega.
    The Beginning and The End.