Thread: -The Secret Citadel-

GP

Name
    "Eternium"
    Unknown. Looks to be in his twenty somethings.
    Race
    Genetic Experiment: Dubbed "failure"
    Hair Color
    Pure White
    Eye Color
    Clear Blue
    Build
    Height: 6'0" Weight: 180 lbs
    Job
    Viligante, Bounty Hunter

-The Secret Citadel-

I've had this idea in my head for a bit, and I wanted to ask moderators they're opinion before I implemented it into the Citadel. *takes deep breath* Oooohkay, here goes...

Alright, you know how the Citadel in Radasanth is run by those monks? Well, what if there were a secret order within the monks with their own Citadel? Ugh, let me clarify that:

Bassically, this secret order somehow has the ability to change reality itself, or at least create illusions that are so real that they affect reality ("I think, therefore I am" kinda crap). Rather than put this power to world domination or such, they have created an "underground" Citadel, one similar to the one in Radasanth but with some major differences.

The major difference is that each match would have what would be called "Rules": every match would have a different factor affecting the match. For example, lets say my nekojin and my demon fought in this secret citadel, and the "Rule" would be "Poisonous Regeneration": Wounds inflicted upon the opponent would be instantly healed, but throughout the entire match a poison is inside their systems that are slowly killing them. And everytime they are struck, it speeds up the poisoning process. So the one left standing is the winner, making it a contest of both speed and endurance rather than strength or tactics.

This is just the budding of the idea. So, would anybody like to expand upon it or would a mod please tell me what they think?
    Bazaar Threads:
    Traveling Necessities -- gained one Oaken Staff (6' long, steel capped on one end) and one leather bag for 100g, plus some dry fish for Dweia (2 servings).

Do you know my name?
    EXP: 38,033, Level: 7
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 5,967
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,967
    GP

Name
    Jame Whitizard-Kaosi
    Race
    Half Dragon
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    6'5" medium build
    Job
    Knight

Unless the Corone writers have any objection, I don't see why you couldn't do that. I mean, the Dajas Pagoda is essentially a bunch of rogue Ai'bron monks. However, unless you were going to work more of a plot into this secret citadel than just having unusual battles, I don't think you should do it. Not because the idea is bad, but you can have unorthodox battles in the citadel if you like.

Administrator
    EXP: 81,363, Level: 12
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 8,637
    EXP required for next level: 8,637
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    I'm retired, but the idea is suburb.

Nothing (no word of a Corone moderator, nor the blessing of an administrator) can stop you from creating the rogue group of monks for your own storyline. In fact, Lord Leopold, one of our most revered members, has almost single-handedly expanded on the storylines of the Ai'Bron as a player rather than a moderator. So I don't see why you couldn't do that for your own sect as well. Just remember, other players are not required to address your contribution to Althanas' storyline, so don't be angry when they don't.

I have a special request. Use the Citadel! Before each battle, use a short paragraph to explain the monk's rules (or an OOC note) and just make it a stipulation of the challenge you've put forth.

Good luck with everything.
    Last edited by Max Dirks; 11-28-07 at 10:18 AM.
    Althanas Operations Administrator

Dirks GP amount: 2949

Do you know my name?
    EXP: 38,033, Level: 7
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 5,967
    EXP required for next level: 5,967
    GP

Name
    Jame Whitizard-Kaosi
    Race
    Half Dragon
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    6'5" medium build
    Job
    Knight

Wait, do you want to do this just as a few threads or as its own subforum? If you want to do a few threads, Max is right, you don't need anyone's permission. It's the subforum you need to get permission for.

Sorry I got confused there for a minute.

Hero of Eternium
    GP

Name
    Ifrit Obsidian
    Race
    Marquee Cambion (demon crossbreed between a royal/powerful demon and a female human)
    Hair Color
    Obsidian Black
    Eye Color
    Blood red
    Build
    Height: 5'11" Weight: 182 lbs
    Job
    Bounty Hunter/ Captain of the Seventh Company of the Bladewraiths

It doesn't matter which, but I could make it a sub-forum. I'll work on the idea and post here with the continued version.

EXP: 59,200, Level: 10
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,800
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,800
    GP

Name
    Findelfin ap Fingolfin
    Race
    Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Golden
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'2", 220 lbs
    Job
    General of Raiaera, Diadem of Telendor Nauvarin

I don't see the need for a sub-forum, as the basic thrust of the Citadel, as-is, is that there is already plenty of crazy reality-bending going on as-is. If you want there to be a storyline of yours where people fight according to the "rules" of a sub-set of the monks, go for it.

As Max says, the Citadel was made to play with in all sorts of ways, and we've resisted structuring its operations in part because it needs to remain open and free. I know I've created a number of corollary orders of the Monks of Ai'Bron, such as the Scholar and Artist monks, but those aren't really "canon." They're just people I play with when I find time.

To be entirely honest, I have my own personal IC and OOC theory of the Citadel that stretches the history of the institution back to the Wars of the Tap. But it's just something I use and think provides a good catch-all explanation of the Citadel without forcing anyone to adopt to any specific storyline. So just do what you think works.
    Exile of Raiaera

"He who has knowledge of the just and the good and beautiful ... will not, when in earnest, write them in ink, sowing them through a pen with words which cannot defend themselves by argument and cannot teach the truth effectually."
    --Plato, Phaedrus

Althanas Staff Administrator Emeritus

GP

Name
    Beniiro Denkou
    Race
    Nekojin
    Hair Color
    Black Fur
    Eye Color
    Electric yellow/Fiery Red
    Build
    5'4", 124 lbs
    Job
    Assassin, Captain of the Ninth Company of the Bladewraiths

Okay, I just thought others might want to do this Secret Citadel as well. I was thinking up some other ideas that would make it different from your normal Citadel, but as you said Sighter the place was meant for imagination to run wild, so a whole 'nother Citadel would be pointless.

Maybe this could show the darker side of the Citadel, if there is one. Like, for example, warriors who fight in the Citadel are always brought back from the brink of death or from death itself, from the monks' mysterious abilities to ressurect and heal. This brought about a question in my mind: how are these monks so powerful? They are defying the 'will of the gods themselves' with their powers, bringing people who are long gone back to life. Where have they got such powers? This opens up a whole new realm of possibilities, maybe letting the "darker side" of the Citadel show.
    "Do you hear them? The screams of his sword. He cannot hear them."

Zakega

EXP: 59,200, Level: 10
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,800
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,800
    GP

Name
    Findelfin ap Fingolfin
    Race
    Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Golden
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'2", 220 lbs
    Job
    General of Raiaera, Diadem of Telendor Nauvarin

I'm fine with you involving other players as much as you'd like. Develop threads about it, invite others to join, explore the possibilities.
    Exile of Raiaera

"He who has knowledge of the just and the good and beautiful ... will not, when in earnest, write them in ink, sowing them through a pen with words which cannot defend themselves by argument and cannot teach the truth effectually."
    --Plato, Phaedrus

Althanas Staff Administrator Emeritus