Black
    Eye Color
    Dark Brown
    Build
    5'10" / 160 lbs
    Job
    Architect / City Planner / Designer

Private Tournament

I'm sure someone in the past has had this idea or even implemented it, but I was thinking about organizing a private tournament with my power group. This is something I haven't even talked to them about yet. The majority of our ideas are discussed behind closed doors, but I think this would be a wonderful one to discuss out in the open. The idea came to me earlier today, and I think I divised a way to stage a private tournament in which the moderators would simply do their standard scoring as if they were regular battles. The plan would go roughly as follows:

Step 1
    First of all we'd need money or something in the way of a prize, and a setting. The setting would be no problem because... well... shit, my character's an architect and the power group is basically a giant contractor with a heart(j/k). We could have an arena built within a quest or two. Let's say the prize is something simple, like money. Or one of the Althanas legends could donate one of their legendary items? (not likely) Let's just go with the money. Say we offer a cash prize of 2000gp. I know some of you big whigs consider that chump change but I'm sure some of us could use that. We'd accumulate that money with an admission's fee of 100gp for thirty slots. They all fill up and we have our prize money and a little on the side for operational expenses.

Step 2
    Special stipulations of the tournament. Of course no House of Sora member would be allowed to participate. OOCly it would be unfair, and ICly they'd be busy hosting the damn thing. Either way, what stipulations would you guys like to see in a tournament? I was thinking we could bring back the Theatre of War style where the IC winner is the OOC winner as well (correct me if I'm thinking of something else). We could do a stripped down Gisela style without the locations and stuff we saw in the most recent incarnation. We could throw down something completely out of this world, or just compete the plain ol' fashion way: best writer wins.

Step 3
    The actual tournament takes place. We wouldn't need a special subforum like the rest of the tournaments. The tournament manager, whether it be me or some other House member would post match threads with a special title in the appropriate IC forum. Contestants would come and compete, like the other tournaments we'd impose time limits, and when the round is over the moderators would judge them like regular old battle threads. They really wouldn't have to do anything besides the normal work. Or the House of Sora members could judge the threads themselves and issue out scores (I always thought Ataraxis would be a good judge ). Winners would go on to the next round and the process would be repeated until we have one mand standing. We give him the 2000gp and that would be the end of it.

So what do you guys think? I know this whole thing has a hole in it somewhere, especially since it's so vague and the tournament has no details. Of course I would wait until the FQ is done to do something like this as well. Plus I wouldn't be comfortable doing it without the support of the House of Sora. What I really need to know is do you guys think it's possible, and what ideas would you have to add to this?
    Last edited by The Architect; 11-28-07 at 06:06 PM.
    They try to dance with a devil in the pale moonlight
    Advance on the level that they can’t do right
    Lay hands on a fellow like the man in blue lights
    Woop, woop
    Do it twice

GP

Name
    Mathias
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blond
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'9"/180

That actually sounds like an amazing idea. It's a bit audacious to suggest players doing the judging (although, I highly doubt any rewards could be issued by them. Which is logical of course.) But hey! Ain't nothing in the rules about it.

Hmh. This is a really good idea.
    Where do you move when where you're moving from... is yourself?

Current Threads
    Magnolia in the Mold (Closed)
    Vandal Violence (Solo)

Completed Threads (Not in Profile Yet)
    None.

Records
    Battles Won: 1 / Lost: 2 / Tied: 0
    Highest Score: 80.5

Do you know my name?
    EXP: 38,033, Level: 7
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 5,967
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,967
    GP

Name
    Jame Whitizard-Kaosi
    Race
    Half Dragon
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    6'5" medium build
    Job
    Knight

First of all we'd need money or something in the way of a prize, and a setting. The setting would be no problem because... well... shit, my character's an architect and the power group is basically a giant contractor with a heart(j/k). We could have an arena built within a quest or two. Let's say the prize is something simple, like money. Or one of the Althanas legends could donate one of their legendary items? (not likely) Let's just go with the money. Say we offer a cash prize of 2000gp. I know some of you big whigs consider that chump change but I'm sure some of us could use that. We'd accumulate that money with an admission's fee of 100gp for thirty slots. They all fill up and we have our prize money and a little on the side for operational expenses.
    I may be willing to donate a legendary item. Lets talk about this sometime. I'd want a few assurances that the tournament is going to happen and that we could come up with a good IC rationale for it to happen.

Also, if you're going to have an entry fee, I would reccomend having a smaller overall purse, but award something for every victory. For instance, quarterfinalists get 150 GP, semis 200, runner up 400, winner 500 or something like that.

Players could do the judging to decide who advances. Of course, the only way to get EXP and GP is to have a moderator judge it, unless you work something out.

GP

Name
    Seti Dylan
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Dark Brown
    Build
    5'10" / 160 lbs
    Job
    Architect / City Planner / Designer

Also, if you're going to have an entry fee, I would reccomend having a smaller overall purse, but award something for every victory. For instance, quarterfinalists get 150 GP, semis 200, runner up 400, winner 500 or something like that.
    If we had a legendary item to supplement the winnings I'd definitely be down for that. It would be great if you're willing to donate one. You could simply directly give the item to the winner yourself. We wouldn't even have to hold it.
    They try to dance with a devil in the pale moonlight
    Advance on the level that they can’t do right
    Lay hands on a fellow like the man in blue lights
    Woop, woop
    Do it twice

Hero of Eternium
    GP

Name
    Ifrit Obsidian
    Race
    Marquee Cambion (demon crossbreed between a royal/powerful demon and a female human)
    Hair Color
    Obsidian Black
    Eye Color
    Blood red
    Build
    Height: 5'11" Weight: 182 lbs
    Job
    Bounty Hunter/ Captain of the Seventh Company of the Bladewraiths

Ataraxis should defenitely judge.

Do you know my name?
    GP

Name
    Jame Whitizard-Kaosi
    Race
    Half Dragon
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    6'5" medium build
    Job
    Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    If we had a legendary item to supplement the winnings I'd definitely be down for that. It would be great if you're willing to donate one. You could simply directly give the item to the winner yourself. We wouldn't even have to hold it.
    That sounds good. Basically, I would want the item to revert to Damon if the tournament crapped out at some point. I'll send you some PMs later with an IC rationale.

Also, the item in question would be the Slayer Songbook, in case you were going to ask.

Maul-Slayer
    EXP: 172,649, Level: 18
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 16,351
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 16,351
    GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod (human)
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile
    I would participate in this because I like battling, and it's a good overall idea. I do in fact have a suggestion that would make this very interesting.

Impose a word count per post limit. This will force writers to get creative in new ways and keep things exciting and original. Also, this way mods can judge the battles quickly so we still get EXP and all that great stuff.
    ... They fell to him as prey to bluefin
    for the Jya's warriors knew not how to swim...
    13-3-2

I wrote a book! ~ Most Suave Character 2010

EXP: 58,871, Level: 10
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 6,129
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,129
    GP

Name
    Dan Lagh'ratham
    Race
    Rock guy
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Ice Blue/Gray
    Build
    6'4"/215lbs
    Job
    Slayer

If Shyam is donating a Legendary Iitem to this I am definitely going to participate.

EDIT: Also I like killing things.
    Last edited by Slayer of the Rot; 11-28-07 at 06:42 PM.
    Bastards never die.

Do you know my name?
    GP

Name
    Jame Whitizard-Kaosi
    Race
    Half Dragon
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    6'5" medium build
    Job
    Knight

Quote Originally Posted by 016573 View Post
    Impose a word count per post limit. This will force writers to get creative in new ways and keep things exciting and original. Also, this way mods can judge the battles quickly so we still get EXP and all that great stuff.
    That is a really neat stip. Put it at something like 200 words.

Maul-Slayer
    EXP: 172,649, Level: 18
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 16,351
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 16,351
    GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod (human)
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me J View Post
    That is a really neat stip. Put it at something like 200 words.
    You read my mind psychic man.
    ... They fell to him as prey to bluefin
    for the Jya's warriors knew not how to swim...
    13-3-2

I wrote a book! ~ Most Suave Character 2010

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast