Seven more had come into the "room." One was dispatched immediately by another of Kishurin's arrows. He was obviously not the greatest archer, but with the range so small, it would've been rather difficult to miss anyways. The remaining six split up and Mac and Kishurin were forced to contend with three apiece.

Mac slashed again with his axe, hoping to get two of them with one blow, but he had swung too soon, leaving him open to a counter-attack. One of the bandits managed to stab him in the side, but it wasn't deep and was nowhere near any vital organs. Another tried to slash through his armor, but the short sword just clanged off, leaving a small bruise underneath. The third tried at Mac's head with a club, but his clumsy attack was nowhere near accurate.

Recovering with some pain, Mac turned the blade, and with a roar, cleaved one bandit and cut another. The first one bled through a gaping wound in his chest and shoulder and dropped to the ground. The second one took a little pain in his shoulder but avenged himself with a deep stab in Mac's left arm. Howling in pain, Mac kicked the bandit, knocking him down. Mac's arm hurt terribly, and the weight of the axe was becoming harder to bear. These guys'll kill meh if I don't shake 'em off. I wonder how the human's doing? He chanced a quick glance and saw Kishurin holding his own fairly well, having done in one and knocked down another. Heh...even though he's obviously green, he's actually doing better than me...I wonder if he'll be able to keep his luck up for much longer...