So he really was starting to clue in. For some treasure hunter he was rather slow when it came to piecing together the shattered fragments of this mystery. Not that it had been very hard from the beginning, she had long ago, figured it out while he was lying on the ground nursing his extremities which had still been pulsing with electricity. When he moved away from her as if she were some kind of diseased animal, it brought a smirk to her face. Humans were always so scared of dragons and at one point or another she may have been the same, but in Akashima and especially her tribe, they were worshipped and revered. They were not monsters that needed to be exterminated, but powerful creatures with great intelligence that lived much longer than humans. Yes, they could easily squash a mere average human and that alone made them evil for some reason, but they could also protect.

Still clutching the sheath of the sword, the ninja allowed the last few shivers to ravage her body as she finally made it to her feet. She contemplated for the sheer joy of it transforming into a dragon before Lore and seeing his reaction to it, but she quickly brushed that aside. It was not a skill she used so flippantly, nor should it be.

“I already told you, Lore.” She said to him, her voice returning to that cold and emotionless pitch it had originally carried. “There’s a tournament going on between the clans and well, let’s just say your number came up. I’m not here to protect some weapon; I’m not here to even retrieve it though I thank you for giving me another powerful piece to add to my arsenal. I’m here for your life so The Bandit Brotherhood may return to its former glory.”

It was a speech if she’d ever made one, which oddly enough she had been doing a lot of since becoming the co-leader to The Brotherhood. With a quick motion, she slipped the sheath of her newly acquired blade behind her and allowed it to slip into the resting place that her twin ninja-to currently occupied. Before she could retract her hand though, her calloused fingers found the handle of one of the blades and stayed there, never completely pulling it from its resting place.

He wasn’t far from her. Just a few paces really, a few feet, nothing more. She could cross the distance easily enough and kill him, though she did find herself hesitating for a brief second. It was stupid and amateurish of her to do. She knew she needed to strike hard and fast and though she could blame it on the lingering effects of the cold, it was because she had spent time with him now. But it wasn’t enough to stop her. The man Ceidon Lore was still just an adventurer, just another member of some other clan and she was here to remove him to the game and further her own goals. She had killed for less, she knew she had. Hired out to the highest bidder by her clan to dispense death wherever they saw fit.

So the hesitation did not last for long, a second, no more. Then her instincts pulled over the veil of her mind and her emotions retreated into the void she always placed them in when going on a mission. The transformation was quick, but evident. Her face became hard and her eyes became an emotionless lake of icy cold water.

With a quick leap, she crossed the distance between Lore and herself. Bringing her body in close to his, enough to smell the sweat of his skin. Then with a sharp jerk, she ripped the sheathed blade and brought it forth and towards the adventurer’s neck. Quick and clean and hopefully over before he would ever realize it. She always did try to be merciful to her kills.