Prematurely Gray
    Eye Color
    Crimson
    Build
    6'2"/205lbs
    Job
    Wine collector

Region NPC's

You know why I like writing in the bazaar, and why I feel AdventWings might be the most under-appreciated mod in the entire site?

The fact that he routinely writes as NPCs for the benefit of other characters.

Hear me out. Doesn't it feel like all the regions are exactly the fucking same? It does, doesn't it? Admit it! Everyone just writes in Corone anyway because all the region writers do is say "Here's what the place looks like and here are some NPC's you can't play with because your quest will be declared non-canon. Have fun." I respect why they do that; I respect that you can't just have joe fuckface sportsbar kill the king of Salvar because that's retarded and it screws up the rest of Althanas. I get that. But you know what? Even if you were allowed to write the bastards, it still wouldn't make any difference. It'd still just be you playing with yourself.

The bazaar is fun because you're not competing with anybody for the spotlight, but it doesn't have the fucking dreariness of a solo quest. Now imagine if Findelfin wrote the high bard council of Raiearea(can't spell that shit) Elfland in anything other than stuff Findelfin the character was involved in? The number of people writing in Elfland would skyrocket! Same thing with Salvar and the other regions. I'm not saying everybody should get to speak to the king, but it'd be nice if you could request an audience.

I've actually talked to Sighter about this and he agrees with me. In theory, anyway. But the mods are overworked as it is. I get that too. I realize that it's ludicrous to ask mods to take this shit on among everything else they're doing.

Now, those that know me know that I'm one of the most vocal people against giving mods IC rewards like gold and exp for OOC work. But you know what? I'll reverse my position on this. I have no problem with people getting IC benefits for playing their region's NPCs. I mean Goddamnit, can't you just imagine how much more vibrant Althanas would be? Every region would truly have it's own distinct 'feel', just like the writers do.

Comment on this shit, people.

And now, so the cavalcade of fags and idiots don't run in expressing their disbelief that I've done something other than troll, here it is:

Kikes fuck niggers for money. Buy Colgate.
    Last edited by Godhand; 07-27-08 at 02:25 AM.
    "I almost shook his hand but then I remembered I killed a man."
    -Camus, The Stranger

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
    -Denis Diderot

"But I can smile...And I can smile while I kill..."
    -King Ricardo

"I know this is going to sound like a joke but I am deadly serious: I didn't know it was jubilee week."
    -Johnny Rotten

Meet Mr. Man/My Inventory/Almost Great