Hair Color
    porcelain white
    Eye Color
    greyish blue
    Build
    6'3"
    Job
    n/a

As my leg was held in a death grip, I patted Tzaphiel’s head gently. The poor little guy was obviously shell shocked and needed comfort. If I weren’t so jittery still I would offer to carry him, but the last thing I wanted to do was to fall and hurt either of us. We were incredibly lucky that demon kitty had only wanted to play with its next meal first.

The dry sob that broke Tzaphiel's words twisted my heart painfully, I plucked at the hands still grasping my leg for all they were worth and knelt down. Gently, I stroked his back and hair as I hugged him once more, noticing the lack of tears in his eyes but the definite expression of terror.

“It’s okay Tzaphiel. If I can help it, I won’t let anything hurt you.” I whispered soothingly.

Though my legs were a bit wobbly (if I were completely honest with myself, they felt like jelly) I followed the trail of torn vines and broken branches. For once, I was grateful that Edgar was such a clumsy and destructive person. The path was blessedly easy to walk through on rubbery legs. Mental note number eight thousand and six, do not try to play the hero. Especially when the baddie has fangs, teeth and a bad disposition .

The forest broke off abruptly into the beach, the sand rolling in steep dunes. For a second I looked about before spotting Edgar climbing and stumbling over the mountainous piles, heading off down the beach.

“Were in the world is he going?” I muttered under my breath. It occurred to me that I hadn’t looked yet at the last stone. Without knowing what we were supposed to acquire this time, we did not know where to head. Digging in my pocket, I pulled out the last smooth stone and held it up to look at the image shown in the pink and golden glow of sunset. It was... an egg?

In the blue stone a blue-speckled white egg was shown. I frowned and shook my head; the image didn’t even show any background. Not a single clue as to where to look for the egg. Maybe the forest, it looks kind of like a robin’s egg.

Grumbling under my breath and scrambling over the dunes, I headed for the water’s edge. It would be much easier to catch up to Edgar on the relatively smooth sand next to the lake. I only half noticed the pattern imprinted in the wet sand as I hurried towards the black cloaked figure of my second companion.
    Last edited by RumpleGrumblePuss; 01-24-09 at 07:23 AM.

Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives.

~William Dement