Thread: ToC Introduction and FAQ (Read First!)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Loremaster
    EXP: 72,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 4,886
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,886
    GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6' / 175 pounds
    Job
    Former chef, aimless wanderer, Pagoda Master, and self-professed Salvic Rebel Leader ™.

ToC Introduction and FAQ (Read First!)

Allow me to welcome you to the main event of the Althanas Invitational, the first ever Tournament of Champions. No doubt you have some questions regarding this whole thing, so I will use my telepathic powers to answer them all in advance.

What is the Tournament of Champions? The ToC is a massive, completely open inter-forum competition. Writers and roleplayers from all across the Internet are invited to register and compete.

What sort of competition is it? It’s a team battle tournament. Participants form teams of two and battle other teams.

So I win if I beat the other team ICly? Nope. Players receive a score at the end of their battle. The team with the highest total score wins and gets one step closer to the prize!

Score? Wtfhax? How does that work? And what about defaults and all that stuff? A great question! Your answers are provided in detail here and here!

Okay, that helped. This sounds cool, but how do I join? First, obviously, register for a basic account on this forum if you’re not already a member of Althanas. Then, you must register a character specifically for the ToC, following the guide found here. Finally, you’ll need to find a partner and register your team for the ToC. Then, you must complete an entry for the qualifiers, as instructed here.

Hold on a second, you said something about a prize earlier! Indeed, I did! You’re not only will you be competing for glory, inter-forum renown, and the knowledge that you are, in fact, the best. The outline for the rewards are as follows:

All participants: All EXP and GP earned during the tournament to use for their standard Althanas character.

All semi-finalists receive: Double all EXP received and a free copy of the upcoming World of Althanas Anthology.

Second place participants: As above, plus a $20 cash prize.

First place participants: The warm and fuzzy knowledge that you’re the best, privilege of registering an official Althanas character at the ending level of their tournament character, a hard-cover special edition of the World of Althanas Anthology, and a $40 cash prize.

Does it cost anything to enter? Nope!

This all sounds pretty awesome, but I've never done this kind of 'battle roleplay' thing before.

That's no problem at all. Max Dirks, our very own Battle Consultant, has assembled a great informational thread to tell you everything you need to know and more. Find it here!

...okay. When does it all start?

Character Registration ends December 24th. Team Registration and Qualifier Trials must be posted between December 21st and December 28th.

Feel free to post any other questions you may have in this thread and I will answer them as promptly and clearly as possible. Good luck, have fun, and get those characters registered so the literary violence can begin!
    Last edited by Ataraxis; 12-23-08 at 10:28 AM.