Thread: The Nether Realm

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Nether Realm

''A solitary fantasy can transform one million realities...'' ((MAYA ANGELOU))

Transform your reality; visit The Nether Realm

Aloha! This is phoenix, the head admin of the Nether Realm. I received an interesting invitation from the admins here and am willing to oblige once I find out more about their proposal. I am honoured that my board has been asked to join your Invitational, as I can see a couple of pretty awesome boards have already been asked as well, makes me all warm and fuzzy to be in with such good company.

The Nether Realm is a fairly young board, we have only been advertising a year (with any real fervour) and in that time have had over 20,000 posts. This time last year we were barely at 7,000 (at that time the board was less then a year old.)

We are, in essence, a bit of a niche RPG (and by niche I mean we seem to attract the FR's crowd and the people who love to read and fall in love with the wiki - we scare off the people who want something less ... committing). We are original, pretty structured, and organised.

TNR is in a quasi medieval fantasy setting (which means we have elements of the medieval world - from many cultures - along with some industrialised cultures and even savage peoples) and we focus on character and plot development. The world is complex, we have a wiki which is detailed, constantly added to (and huge!) and contains the world's lore (magic) and everything you need to know, want to know and everything else we could think of.

We welcome all kinds of levels of writer and attract many a budding author and people from all walks of life. Like Dark Rain we tend to mentor the beginners and help them get better and accept some profiles others may sniff at because we see potential. We are a community, a welcoming one at that and we love involving people in our plots and helping them to start their own in a world that is full of magic, detail and wonderful characters.

We are not a "write anything you want board", we are linear, mostly structured (although free form plots are played out all the time as well) and encourage telling stories and linking characters, idea's and building a grand tale that weaves itself through the regions, that stretches over time and culminates in a dramatic climax. We pride ourselves on being storytellers, and although this may seem restrictive to some, to those that have grown to love the place it is Home. Creativity is the key and we have writers and artists who contribute in many ways to the Nether Realm. Check out the art gallery at the wiki for our maps, concept art and character art.

We welcome one and all, we are easy going, fairly active, and always looking for new characters and members to write with!
    Last edited by Phoenix; 12-09-08 at 02:06 PM.