Thread: Team Registration: Reflux

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Team Registration: Reflux

As you enter the homely gates of this riverside Milltown, the cobblestone road extends to the edge of the village heading towards a river, where a mill is constructed. Immediately upon entering the village, the steady clacking sounds of the mill wheel turning by the natural power of the river is heard, reverberating throughout the village.

A small, primitive bazaar is constructed in the center of the town, where housewife and child gather to purchase their daily mead and bread. The village is outlined with a solid tree wall erected and fashioned together with fine pine trunks. Ornamenting the wall are multiple huts of the denizens of the city, smoke exudes from the chimneys of each of the huts.

The townsfolk welcome me in with open arms, though little do they know, that they what are truly embracing is, in fact, a demon. Well, not exactly, but, close enough. What it does do, however, is kill whatever gets in its way, without a moment's hesitation; and I'm its accessory.

My name is Thomas Balvice: a former lieutenant to the Monterey city Police Department located in central California, not too far away from San Fran. My life went to shit when I was just a kid; parents murdered by a burglar, grandmother died only a month later. Things start to turn around for the next ten or so years, only to get peed on by an oversized space-whale, with so many little things crawling all over it, that it forces the border-patrol guys to up their ante. I barely managed to escape with my life.

My best friend, and partner Johnson, whose last name he never gave out died there, as did my girlfriend, Jessica Lynn. Ironically enough though, its the guy I knew the least, that I feel most sorry for. His name was Jack Theomen, and last I saw, Free Willy over there was sucking him in, like a Dirt Devil on steroids.

I make my way from city to city now, just checking up, makin' sure everybody's safe and sound. That sort of thing. It's the best I can do; hell, it's the only thing I can do now, that Monterey looks like more like Malibu's most haunted. Dead bodies everywhere - crabs running all over the place, converting just about every damn human they see into shit. As for the Yakuza? Well, they're about to be the next main course at the new Red Mobster that just opened up, a few buildings down from Swanky's Bar & Grill.

That's pretty much how things went down over there. As for these poor shmucks, I can't help but, shed a few tears, considering what's about to happen to 'em. I made my way into one of their bars, got myself a couple beers on the house; somethin' about them not getting too many visitors, but I think it just happened to be because I was a cop. Anyway, you've heard enough about me for one night, and now it's time to let you, the writers take control. Just remember, my life has been shitty enough as is, so, try not to go too crazy with the sado-masochism?

I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by Alucroas; 12-31-08 at 03:24 AM.