Black
    Eye Color
    Deep Blue
    Build
    5'10"/140 lbs
    Job
    Chieftain of The Red Hand

Sorahn's Eternal Melee

Hey there everybody. I’m Sorahn; Althanas’s resident furry tribal martial-artist warrior of enigmatic physiology. I think it’s time we had a side event that is a little more… brutal. So I give you: The Eternal Melee.

The concept is simple: a massive free-for-all battle involving everyone who wants to participate all at once. Everyone fights everyone else. Forever.

By forever I mean there’s no real end date to this battle. It will go on as long as it needs to. Anyone can jump in at any time and anyone can drop out at any time. No deadlines to worry about.

So what’s at stake? Each week I will be selecting a particular post that I think stands out as particularly well written. The author of that post will receive 2 fate points. What I’m looking for generally falls in line with the judging rubric, but I won’t be actually judging, just picking the best post each week.

You can use your tournament registered character if you want, or you can make one up just for this. But be warned: characters that are too over-powered and powergamers will be killed in comical ways and removed from battle. On that note: don't be afraid to let your character die. Deaths here don't affect the tournament and you can jump right back in with a different character if you want to keep going.

Bottom line: all you have to do is jump in, beat some people up, relieve some stress, have a good time, and maybe get some fate points. Sound good?

Here’s a vague setting to get you started. Any other details (including how you arrived here) are up to you.

The battle takes place on the peak of a giant mountain. The jagged, rocky cliffs extend up beyond the clouds. At the top, a flat circle, 70 feet in diameter, has been prepared as an arena. Night has fallen, and the circle is lit by torches spaced evenly around the edge of the circle.
    Last edited by Sorahn; 01-01-09 at 10:37 PM.