A tall young-looking man walked at a brisk pace around the outer edge of Galonan, trying to determine what more could be done to fortify the town. He had been here for a number of weeks, mostly on the sidelines, helping whenever and wherever he could. He admired the efforts of the Wanderers, but had not joined any of their raids. He also knew that Xem’zund would put up with the raids for only so long before retaliating and if he did, it would be with enough force to effectively flatten Galonan. So it was, that Romis Heartsblood was taking a tour of the town, making mental notes about weak spots he saw and ideas for making strong spots stronger. There would be no way to get a message to anyone for back up should Xem’zund’s forces attack. They would be completely on their own.

I need to talk to the Sanctifiers, we need to get an area around us that is as sanctified as they can make it. We have got to be ready for a large-scale attack.

Muttering his thoughts to himself, Romis made his way back into the town. They had a lot to do in order to be prepared and no idea how long they had in order to be ready. Folding his wings tighter around himself, he opened the door to main building housing the leaders of Galonan. He walked in his usual brisk pace to a room typically used for a meeting hall and walked in, heedless of the fact that he had not been invited.

“Good afternoon, sorry to interrupt, but I need to talk to you. The work you do to oppose Xem’zund is wonderful, but he will tire of your raids and other counterattacks. He will send a force to put an end to it, and you must be ready. I have been around Galonan several times, and I believe we can fortify it so that it will stand against the forces that come against it.”

One of the leaders looked up at Romis, highly unamused, “And what gives you the right to barge in here and tell us what we need to do? We know perfectly well what we need, and Xem’zund is not likely to come here to deal with such a small thorn.”

Romis gritted his teeth but kept his demeanor calm, “True, he probably won’t come himself, but that doesn’t mean that he won’t send one of his Death Lords to deal with your antics. If you don’t ensure that Galonan is better fortified, then when his forces come, they’ll wash right over you like a wave on the beach. There will be nothing left to even show that we were here.”

Looking very annoyed, the elf continued, “What do you suggest then? We have our hands full with the raids and no one ever follows us.”

“So you think. I will take leadership of the defense if you prefer, so that you can continue to concentrate on the attacks on Xem’zund’s forces. The sooner we get a solid defense up, the more likely we’ll be able to survive an attack.”

The elven warrior looked around at his fellow elves then sighed, “Very well, Romis, but I am still in charge here, you still answer to me, understood?”

“Yes sir,” Romis saluted, then left, much relieved that he hadn’t had as much trouble convincing them as he’d expected. Now to get to work strengthening the walls. The biggest thing he wanted was to make sure there was only one entrance to Galonan. There would be no where for them to run to, so an escape route would only be another way for the enemy to get in.

I hate being in the middle of nowhere...

((NOTE: This is closed to those that are going to be recruited. Also, for the mods, I may occasionally mix Romis and Poison’s actions into one post on either account. They do both belong to me, and doing so would only be for ease of reading. All bunnying between Romis and Poison is of course approved since they are both mine. ^^))