Hair Color
    Mousy brown
    Eye Color
    Sea grey
    Build
    5'11/ 125
    Job
    Assassin

Impressed by his ability to endure the inferno that she was certain his wrists had become thanks to the vodka’s cleansing power, Skyler thankfully was able to finish with a bit more speed than she’d anticipated, neatly tying off the last bandage and clicking the manacle into place to hide the whiteness of the linen. She only hoped the guards would not notice the smell of lavender, aloe, and willow bark.

For a moment she considered his solution for her sleeping place - she would certainly need it soon. Her eyes burned with the need for sleep and the smoke from the guttering torch on the wall outside the cell. The guards would be changing shifts again soon and she had to be hidden before they did whether sleeping or awake. Pondering his idea, she looked around the cell as if searching for another option. The cold stone walls continued to a colder stone floor, which was undoubtedly covered in blood, vomit, urine, feces, and who knew what else - not that one could see exactly what rot might cover the surface in the flickering torchlight.

Finally, the assassin answered with a decisive nod, her grey eyes finally resting on Cael’s battered face, meeting icy blue eyes with a grim smile. She was here to save him, but if she was to do so, he’d have to protect her for a few days here and there. It was irony, and it was all too familiar.

“I’d be most obliged to sleep under your watchful eye,” she said by way of thanks, “And as far as the smell, I think I’ll live. I did grow up in a brothel after all, and then in the Underground of Radasanth. And I’ve been here before too. So long as I can sleep safely, I’m not one to complain.”

She considered his face, reading his expression - the way Hawk had taught her during her years of training under his tutelage. Each minute movement of the face, each tic of the jaw or blink or glance was a revelation into someone’s thoughts, almost as good as reading them directly. Skyler was nowhere near as good as her mentor was, but good enough to see something akin to discomfort on Cael’s face. Her eyebrows drew together as she tried to discern just what could be going on behind those blue eyes, but she just wasn’t sure why he seemed almost… embarrassed? Whatever it was, she was sure over the next few days she would have the chance to see it again, and figured by the time they left, she’d know just what every expression meant. For tonight she’d blame her inability to read him on fatigue and darkness.

“The shift will change again soon,” she warned him softly, “We should probably start arranging ourselves now if we don’t want them to see me. Besides, I’m pure tuckered out and could sure use a good rest. Don’t think I’d even notice your smell at the moment I’m so tired.”

Quickly she packed all her things back into her bag, before gracefully moving behind him, and pulling her body along the backside of the cot against the wall. As she lay down on her side, she grabbed the blanket and pulled it over herself carefully, tucking the bag behind her knees closest to the wall. With an expectant smile, she propped her head in her hand, elbow braced against the cot.

“C’mon then, I can hear them moving around out in the stairwell, and I’d rather not try to get us both out of here looking like you,” she winked, trying to make sure he knew she was joking with him, “You don’t have to sleep, I just need you to make sure they don’t see me.”

Calmly, she curled her arm under her head and pulled the blanket up to cover her face. It smelled dusty and a bit like unwashed body, but she just made sure not to breathe through her nose and it wouldn’t bother her anymore than it had growing up.

“G’night…” she whispered her body relaxing into sleep almost against her will and her breathing becoming slow and steady. Her last thought as she fell into an exhausted sleep was that she hoped she could trust this stranger to keep her safe while she slept.
    Last edited by skyler manfield; 12-18-09 at 04:43 PM.