Ailnea was terrified out of her wits. How could she be this unlucky? She must've been given the short straw in a random draw somewhere, because her superiors in the order of the Aibrone monks asked her to represent them in The Cell tournament.

She didn't want to be here, she had explained such to Grandmaster Onox.

“But Ailnea my dear,” he said with patience and wisdom, “The Cell will provide you with a chance that's difficult to obtain under ordinary circumstances. You'll go toe to toe with living legends. Just think of the learning opportunities.”

“I already know what a painful agonizing death feels like.” Ailnea protested.

“Victory and success brings lessons, yes. But remember, initiate, failure and defeat bring even more lessons.” Grandmaster Onox said, as he turned and walked away.

“Yes, Grandmaster.” Ailnea said between clenched teeth.

Ailnea spent the days leading up to the tournament considering the possibility of abandoning the order and fleeing into obscurity. She didn't want to be here, and it showed, her eyes flicking left and right in fear wondering who was going to kill her in what gruesome manner.

The doors opened, and people started to file in. She didn't join the initial rush, she slowly wandered in, trying to be the last one in, hoping everyone else would be too busy fighting each other to care about her.

Her entire battle strategy could be summed up to one single word, run. She planned on running away from every fight, from every opponent. If she was going to be killed, they'd have to catch her first, she didn't even want to be here. As it was, she was hoping the sight of her monk robes, and Aibrone medallion would afford her some grace.

~~~
Out of Character:
Like Dissinger, Limited Bunnying of Ailnea is okay with me, and I grant permission to do so. Anything more involved than a few swings should be worked out through PM's first.