While her first attack on the legendary Damon was only partially successful, her second one failed utterly. The longsword scudded through the air soundlessly, carried on the wings of her telekinetic energy, and yet the young, seemingly gullible elf managed to predict it. And it wasn’t the sheer fluke kind of anticipation, the kind that tingled your gut at just the right moment, sending out the message that something was amiss. No, Damon moved with a purpose, like a cat that could discern the position of her attacker just by listening. He somehow knew that the swords was coming at him, felt it darting for his blind spot with an intention to end this conflict. Rheawien got a feeling that he could’ve parried the airborne sword even if she plucked his eyes out.

“What did you expect from the fabled Damon Kaosi? Easy pickings?” No, she didn’t. In fact, she expected a great deal more, a man that would overwhelm her, somebody that looked like Letho on some serious drugs. Someone battle-hardy, an embodiment of a perfect warrior that ripped vampires in shreds with his bare hands while shooting lightning bolts out of his eyes. A war machine set on kill. Instead, before her stood a touch-and-go boy that seemed uncertain and had a certain air of naivety around him. That was bound to be her trump card, her money maker.

Damon was down on all fours just like she was, his eyes predatory as they stood focused on her slumped body. He was like a bullet that waited for an expression of enmity to serve him as a trigger to rush forward and show his true face. The face of the real Damon Kaosi, the one that led the Brotherhood as the Aegis and slain vampires by the dozen. Or so she thought. Either way, she decided not to give him a plausible reason to attack her at this moment. She recollected the animal from before again, the one that remained calm as the enemy approached. That remained calm when it poked her with the stick. That remained calm when it gazed at her with anger.

“Please, I... I’m sorry, Aegis.” she started humbly, staying on all fours and bowing her head even lower. She hoped that the mention of his old title would gain at least a fragment of his trust, just enough for her plan to succeed. “I didn’t want to hurt you. I just overheard the rumor that your have returned and I wanted to... test you, I guess. To see are you the real Damon Kaosi.” she looked at him with what seemed like genuine remorse, her real intentions hidden all too well behind her womanly charms. Because nobody could serve a more believable lie then a woman on her knees.

“I can see now that my doubts were unnecessary. I will yield to you.” she spoke, her right hand grasping the hilt of her katana and unsheathing it slowly, all traces of her battle fury effaced. Her pale hand lowered the blade to the floor before the white-haired elf crawled a couple of feet away from it, ultimately spreading her hands at her side to mimic that she is not a threat anymore. She slowly rose up, holding her hands at her sides. “What happened? When you left the Brotherhood crumbled and now the Sanctuary lies in shambles. Do you mean to rebuild it? Or do you follow some other agenda now, siding with that ice demon in the name of Salvar?”

She knew there was not a chance in hell that she could get on the good side of the elf given the situation. Battlefields were seldom places where enemies spoke truthfully and after the tricks she played on him, he was bound to keep an attentive eye on her regardless of what she spoke. But there was a hope that her honest atonement and her voluptuous body would veil Damon’s eyes just enough to render his premonition useless. Rheawien decided to drop the bomb.

“I would still be your captain, Aegis.” she spoke, offering a mild smile and an insidious glance that made her visage regain some of the elven fairness. She knew there was no time like right now to act. The forefinger and the middle finger on both of her hands joined, Rhea flicking them upwards first, then pointing them at the boy. In sync with her fingers, the two blades – the one that Damon parried already and the one that the half-elf set on the polished floor – sprung to life as if they were picked up with unseen hands, their tips leveling with the wounded elf. She puckered up her lips for a fraction of a second, sending him a treacherous kiss as a harbinger of the blade driven by the power of her mind.