"You're probably wondering what we're doing in the desert," Tinerad Orlouge, father of the Orlouge brothers spoke to his student.

"The thought -had- crossed my mind, yes," Kyla Orlouge, daughter of Sei and Tinerad's granddaughter, replied.

"I know, I'm a telepath too, remember?" Tinerad hit the side of his head with a single finger a few times to drive the effect home. Unlike his son, the Mystic Father had no issues with delving into the heads of other people, good or bad. If they had something to hide, they could hide it, and he wouldn't necessarily search for it. Yet, having that open link there made conversations so much easier.

"Anyways, you're here because your magic is like this desert. Blank, full of dangers at every turn---"

"And boring?" Kyla interrupted.

"From time to time, yea. The thing is Kyla, Just like there are things hidden in this desert, so are there hidden things about your magic you don't know about. You just got to be somewhere you can relate to in order to understand it better."

"No offense, Grandpa," Kyla said, wiping some newly formed sweat from her forehead, "but I could relate to cool air much easier."

"Nonsense, now come on!" Tinerad said, grabbing Kyla by the hand and rushing into the nothingness of the Fallien desert. The girl almost screamed for help as Tinerad finished his last sentence before the two disappeared into the abyss of sand.

"We're going to live here for a week!" Tinerad bellowed out a laugh as the sun began to reach its peak.