Eye Color
    Ice Blue
    Build
    5'6"
    Job
    Witch

View Profile

Mystic War-Chapter 1: Team 2

Shouts echoed down the hallways as men were brought through the door to the Ixian Knights medical ward. Blood dripped crimson rubies upon the stone tile even as the man was placed upon a bed. The medics on duty immediately moved to begin treatment, some heading for the medical closet, others moving to the wounded man. They began shouting relevant information as they carefully set the man in a relaxed position. Soon the man was elevated such as to drain blood away from the wounds he sustained, rather than into them. One of the medics soon turned to the soldiers who brought him in, "How did this happen?"

"Knights of the Dawn came in, wounding some of the men once things started heating up. Where is Lady Orlouge? It's time for her to go-"

"Eldani, what is the situation?" A crystal clear voice rang through the room, even as the sounds of boots clicking a staccato beat over the flagstones could be heard. A staff clicked in its own time, adding to the symphony of the Mystic's arrival. Red Hair trailed behind her in a billowing cloud of deep crimson, even as blue eyes looked over the wounded. Eyes narrowed she spoke, "These are blade wounds, I'd venture from a heavy blade more than anything."

The two soldiers looked to Aislinn before one of them stepped forward. Her eyes regarded the man carefully before he did a formal salute and spoke, "Lady Orlouge, your presence here is in jeopardy. It is time for you to flee. Lord Sei has ordered the evacuation of all Mystics, and their support staff. Come with us."

Aislinn looked down, the trinkets woven into her hair jingling softly in the open air. Her eyes closed a second, before she looked down upon the wounded soldier. reaching out the Students immediately moved back from the body giving her more access. The soldiers frowned to each other before on spoke up, "Lady Orlouge?"

"I refuse to let my mere existence be the reason for this man's death. I owe him a debt I cannot repay, and I seek to at least let him live long enough to allow me to try," Aislinn responded firmly. Her hand briefly glowed white, as she poured the essence of the Breath of Life into the man, causing the more fatal wounds to close up. With the man in a stable condition she closed her eyes once more, before she spoke firmly, "Eldani, you are in charge. I trust you to uphold the values this clinic was built upon. Anastasia, gather the bags we've stowed in the medical room. It is time for us to depart. The rest of you..."

Her eyes opened as they held a look of sorrow. She regretted not having more time to train them, but truly she could not expect to have forever to make them her perfect healers. This day had been coming, and she saw it, even when she had begun this journey long ago. Her students would be tested, as without her they had no reliable source to fall back upon. This was their destiny, to be true medics, and not children tied to her apron strings. She fought back the tears, realizing this would be far harder than she had thought.

"Aislinn," She opened her eye and looked up into the face of one of her students. A younger boy his name was Carlos as she recalled. He was skilled in mixing herbs for the medical concoctions needed to get some of the more elaborate procedures to work. He rested a hand on her shoulder before he spoke, "None of us blame you for this. You need to go home, keep your family safe. We'll be fine, we had you for a teacher."

She smiled at Carlos before she placed her hand on his own and spoke softly, only for the students who even now gathered about their teacher, "Remember, I chose you all for your talents. If I thought you were of no use to me, I would have thrown you out in the first week. We will succeed or fail as a team, never forget that. Help each other, be the support I was for you, shoring up each others deficiencies. I shall be back before you know it. Think of this as a mere test. If you can endure this, then what can possibly stop us?"

"Teach?" Carlos spoke up, before with a firm smirk she carefully extracted Carlos' hand from her shoulder.

"Do not think I did not know what you were doing Mr. Espanoza, I am not one of the other medics," She then gave him a playful smile before she spoke, "You shall have to find me at a lower emotional high than this to find way to my bed."

Laughter echoed through the infirmary, before Aislinn carefully said goodbyes to each of them. Each was given with a cautionary about the various weaknesses they would have to be mindful of to survive the upcoming casualties, even as she moved out of the room, Anastasia Ryos in tow behind her. The contemporary to Aislinn was a blonde hair woman of modest age, her mind able to keenly focus on things she normally could not.

Her hair was pulled back in the ponytail she normally put it for when she was to begin detailed work, even as she carefully handed Aislinn one of the satchels containing the medicines the Witch had anticipated would be necessary. Moving through the hallways being flanked by the two guards she spoke to Anastasia, "I do hope that wasn't overly emotional."

"Oh I wouldn't worry about that ma'am, you'll still be Aislinn the Grim to us," Anastasia replied jovially. Once more the sound of laughter left the Mystics face, even as he heart began to race. The thought of returning home, and the realization that time was at hand, was causing her to grow excited. It had been sixteen years since she had been to the Dranaks, to be returning there after her exile, created a well of mixed emotion in the otherwise emotionless witch.
    Last edited by TwinCast; 02-12-11 at 01:03 PM.
    Got no reason got no shame
    Got no family I can blame
    Just don't let me disappear
    I'mm tell you everything...

~ Secrets - One Republic